Sissy by Christine


Number of reviews: 42
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +




November 2012

“Aunt Carrah?” Sierra asked loudly as she stepped into her house. Her Aunt had not shown up to pick up Cora and Cameron for the day, and she was worried. “Are you here?” The house was dead silent, and it looked like she hadn’t even gotten out of bed that morning.

“Carrah?” Sierra shouted again and walked through the living room and kitchen before heading down the hall. “Carrah?” Sierra asked again and knocked on her bedroom door. There was no answer. She turned the knob and pushed the door open. Her aunt was still in bed.

“Aunt Carrah!” Sierra said quietly and walked over to the bed. The older woman didn’t move, “Carrah.” Sierra reached down and shook her shoulder.

“No, no, no “ Carrah, please “ Aunt Carrah,” her voice got louder with every word and she started to cry, “Please -”

Sierra pulled away when she realized it was too late. She sat down on the edge of the bed, and found her Aunt’s cold hand. She stayed there for a few minutes, before reaching to pick up the phone and calling emergency services. Sierra talked to the person on the other line, before going back next door to her house.

“Where’s Aunt Carrah?” Cora asked when her sister walked back inside. She had her backpack on her shoulders, and was ready to go to school.

“Come over here,” Sierra said and picked up Cameron, who had found his way over to where she was. They sat down on the couch.

“Cora, sweetie,” Sierra wiped her eyes, “Aunt Carrah … she went to be with Mom in heaven.” Sierra watched and waited for a few minutes as Cora took this information in.

“She died?” Cora asked.

“Yeah,” Sierra nodded. “Are you going to be okay?” She reached up and touched Cora’s cheek. Cora nodded, “Okay. I’m going to call your school and tell them you won’t be coming for a few days, and then I need to call work. Can you watch Cameron, for me?”

“Uh-huh,” Cora pulled Cameron from Sierra’s lap. Sierra stood up and walked into the kitchen. She called Cora’s school first, and then hers.

“I know this is late notice, but my aunt passed away this morning, and I’m not going to be in for a few days,” Sierra explained to the secretary.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” the woman said, “I’ll let Mrs. Duvall know. Is there somewhere where the sub will be able to find your lesson plans for the next week?”

“Yeah,” Sierra finished the answer by telling her where everything was located. She hung up the phone, and decided to call Justin. He was out of town on business for a couple of weeks. Sierra knew that once she called him, she would lose it. After slowly dialing the phone, Sierra raised it to her ear, and took in a deep breath.

“Hi, Sierra,” as soon as she heard his voice over the phone, her breath caught in her throat and the tears came.

“Justin,” Sierra sobbed and sat down in a kitchen chair.

“What’s wrong Sierra?” he asked concerned.

“Au-Aunt Carrah,” Sierra paused and sucked in a deep breath, “she-she…”

“Sierra, honey … you’re going to have to calm down. What happened to Carrah?” Justin asked cautiously. He had a sinking feeling in his stomach.

“She passed away last night,” Sierra calmed down enough to tell him.

“Oh, baby, I’m so sorry,” Justin said and looked at his watch, “I’m going to come home.”

“No, you’re working,” Sierra started even though she really wanted him too.

“You need me there. I’m going to get a flight home, as soon as possible,” he said.

“Okay,” she nodded quietly even though he couldn’t see her, “thank you.”

“Are you going to be okay, until I get there?”

“Uh-huh,” she reached for a napkin and wiped her eyes.

“I love you, Sierra,” Justin said softly.

“I love you too.”

Sierra met with the people who would be taking care of Carrah’s body almost an hour later. She directed them into her room, and talked with one of them about what needed to be done in the next few days.

“Lynn,” Sierra sounded shocked to see the older woman walk into Carrah’s house.

“Hi, Sierra, how are you doing?” Justin’s mother asked her.

“I’m doing all right. I just have so much to do,” Sierra let Lynn give her a hug. “How did you know I was here?”

“I went next door and Cora let me know,” Lynn said. “Justin called and asked me to come and help out until he can get home. So whatever you need.”

“Can you just go next door and be with Cora and Cameron to make sure they are okay?” Sierra asked, “I didn’t want them to be in here.”

“That’s fine,” Lynn nodded, “I’ll be over there.”

“Thank you,” Sierra smiled sincerely.



There was a loud knock on the front door, later that night. Sierra was startled awake from where she was sleeping on the couch. She sat up and walked over to the front door. Sierra unlocked the door, after seeing who it was on the other side. She pulled the door open and wrapped her arms around Justin as he stepped inside.

“Hey,” Justin said quietly when he pulled away from her embrace to shut the front door. “Are you doing okay?” When he asked this, Sierra started crying all over again. “I’m so sorry.” Justin held her for a few more minutes before leading her upstairs. He found her pajamas in her dresser and handed them to her. “Get into bed, okay? I’m going to call my Mom and let her know I got in, and I’ll be right up.”

Justin came back a minute later and undressed. He crawled into bed next to Sierra. She rolled over to face him and buried her head in his chest, when he put his arm around her.

“Thank you for coming,” Sierra mumbled.

“You don’t ever have to ask, I’ll drop everything whenever you, Cora or Cameron ever need anything,” he said quietly and kissed the top of her head. “It doesn’t matter what for …”

“I feel so alone,” she pulled back a little to wipe her face.

“You’re not, Sierra-” he said sternly, “you’ve got me, Cora, Cameron, and Olivia. We’re all here for you and we love you.”

“I know,” she paused, “it’s just that she was my second Mom, you know? After my Mom died, she did so much for me.”

“I know honey,” Justin ran his fingers through her hair. He didn’t know what else to say, but just listened as she mumbled herself to sleep. Justin feel asleep a few minutes after her, it had been a long day for everybody.



“Justin!” Cora sounded shocked to see him when he appeared at her door the following morning. She had been sitting up in bed already awake. “When did you get here?”

“Last night, he walked into her room. “How are you doing?” Justin sat down on the end of the bed.

“Okay,” Cora crawled to where he was, “Aunt Carrah died yesterday.” She mentioned quietly.

“Yeah. I heard that’s why I’m here.”

“Sissy said she’s in heaven with my Mom,” Cora stated.

“Sierra’s right about that,” Justin smiled at the girl, “Can you get dressed? I’m going to get Cameron before he wakes your sister up.” He stood up.

“Can Olivia come over?” Cora asked.

“After she gets out of school, okay?” Justin answered.

“Okay,” Cora responded and got off her bed. Justin left the room and went into Cameron’s.

“What do you need me to do?” Justin asked Sierra during breakfast.

“Do you think Mom could come and watch Cora and Cameron? And you could come with me to make the arrangements?” She asked.

“I’ll give her a call. I’m sure she won’t mind.”

“Thank you, I’m going to run next door and get her address book,” Sierra stood up and put her bowl in the sink. “I’ll be right back.”

“Okay,” Justin said as Sierra walked out of the room. He heard the front door open and close.

They spent their day driving from one end of the city to the other. While they were in the car, Sierra spent that time on the phone. Sierra managed to plan the funeral for Thursday morning, and a reception at her house after.



“When do you go back?” Sierra asked Justin. It was the night of the funeral, and the day had been filled with lots of people and different emotions. Justin and Sierra were picking up in the kitchen, while his Mom got the kids settled down for the night.

“Saturday,” he answered and stuffed some paper plates in the trash. Justin pulled the bag out of the trash can and tied it closed. “I’m going to take this out.”

“Okay,” Sierra said and turned back to the sink. She heard the door close behind him. It had been a rough day for her, and all she wanted to do was go to bed. She reached up to wipe her cheek when another tear fell.

“Sierra?” Justin asked quietly when he came back into the kitchen. He smiled softly when she turned around. “Are you okay?” Sierra shook her head. Justin sighed and walked over to her. “Let me wash my hands, and I’ll give you a hug.” Sierra moved over and he washed his hands quickly.

“I miss her Justin,” Sierra said when he wrapped his arms around her. She leaned against him, and rested her head on his chest. “I feel so alone.”

“You’re not alone, Sierra,” Justin said and released one arm from around her waist. He wiped her cheek. “I was going to wait, for next Friday, but now is good. Sierra, I love you and I want to be with you. I want to be your family; I want us to be a family “ you, me, Olivia, Cora, and Cameron. Will you marry me Sierra?”

“Oo-” Sierra sobbed from a combination of emotions. “Justin.” She cried and moved her arms so they were around his neck. She rose on her toes to bury her face in his neck. “I love you.”

“Is that a yes?” He asked hesitantly. Sierra nodded against his neck, and kissed it before resting her feet on the floor again. “I love you, Sierra, and I’m going to be here to help you. Okay?”

“Okay,” Sierra nodded and continued to cuddle up to him. Justin held her. “Thank you.” They stayed in each others arms for a few minutes.

“Do you want to see your ring?”

“Yeah,” Sierra smiled.

“Okay, close your eyes.” Sierra closed her eyes and he put his freehand over her eyes. Sierra giggled as he reached into his pocket, and pulled out the ring. “Hold up your hand.” Sierra did as she was told and felt him slip the ring on. “Open your eyes.” Justin lifted his hand off her face and she opened her eyes.

“I love it,” Sierra admired the ring and kissed his cheek.

“More then me?” He asked.

“Yes,” she winked and put her arms around his neck. Justin licked his lips and then leaned down to kiss her on hers.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki