Eye of the Beholder by Jinx


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Author's Notes:
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Justin or any of the famous people in this story and I know that all my times/dates are off.  It's fiction; i.e. fake.  Anything relating to real life is purely coincidental.

 Adriana still didn't know what hit her.  Was this for real?  Was He for real?

A smile played on her lips and her stomach quivered as she let out a loud laugh.  She couldn't help it.  The thought was so unbelievable that the reality presented to her seemed like a cruel joke, especially knowing who the proposal came from.

Her long, black hair fell over her face as her head bent forward, compensating for the movement from her body, due to her laughter.

She glanced across from  her at a very irritated Justin Timberlake.  His cheeks were a bright shade of red and his eyebrows were furrowed, narrowing his eyes.

Adriana stopped laughing and caught her breath, making herself comfortable in the lounge chair she sat in.  "I don't mean to be rude, but you're kidding right?"  I mean, I don't know you, I met you...what two days ago and when I did you totally insulted me.  Now you are asking for my help?"

Justin nodded, ready to give up.  "Yeah."  He stared at the girl seated in front of him, wondering himself if he was for real.

Her black hair made Adriana's face more pale, a look it seemed she enjoyed.  The thick, black lines of eyeliner above and below her eyes hid their natural green color, making them appear pale.  Justin was shocked to see a small, silver hoop earring above her eye, hanging from her eyebrow.  He grimaced as it moved along with her eyebrows.  She was dressed in black from head to toe and even fingernails, with the exception of a few silver spikes on a bracelet on her left hand, a silver ring on her right thumb and a white MORRISSEY logo on her tank top.  Justin shook his head.  He must be desperate.

"I really need your help.  Please?"  He flashed his best pout and huge puppy dog eyes.  She wasn't buying it.

"Why on earth do you want me to teach you how to drum when two days ago you swore up and down that a girl like me could never play the drums?"

Justin cowered with guilt.  "That was before I heard you play.  You're amazing!"

Adriana rolled her eyes.  "I'm touched.  But look around you..."  She motioned around the small club they were seated in.  "You're in a different world now.  You're on the other side of the tracks."

Justin followed her order and glanced around. She was right.  They were practically from opposite sides of the universe. The dark club was almost eerie.  It sent a chill down Justin's spine.  Two old-fashioned lamps sat on either side of the tiny stage, adorned with only a drum set and microphones whose' silhouettes cast a dark shadow on the wall behind the stage, lit only by the two dim lamps.  Small, Goth style votives graced each table, casting a dim, ghostly light around the club.  The only real lights were lit when the club opened and even then it was almost terrifying to Justin; dark blue and gray strobe lights dancing around the club, lighting up the bat paintings and dark images on the walls.  A quick shiver ran down his spine, but he brushed it off.  He cleared his throat.  He never backed down from a challenge and this time was no exception.  He sat up straight and cast a brave smirk at Adrianna.

"I'm looking around and you know what I see?"  He winked.  "Some real potential."

Adrianna rolled her eyes.  "You're a stubborn one aren't you Timberlake?"

Justin nodded proudly.  "Let's make some music."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki