Something Beautiful by Satsuma grove


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


For Hollie – who wanted to be the group ‘ho.

Nysnc Fluff - written as part of the Escapology Series.


Lyrics – Robbie Williams – Something Beautiful – Escapology.

If you can't wake up in the morning
Cause your bed lies vacant at night
If you're lost, hurt, tired or lonely
Can't control it, try as you might


Chris Kirkpatrick was lonely. Lonely, tired and alone. His extended holiday had become a little too extended for his liking and during his bored hours surfing the internet he’d noticed that people seemed to think he was in hibernation. He wasn’t hibernating though, he just didn’t feel much like going outside.

He’d been single for longer than he cared to imagine, in fact, he couldn’t actually work out how long it had been since he’d last got laid, hell, he couldn’t even remember his last blow job and that was saying something. There just weren’t that many girls interested in an overweight, ex-vocal harmony group member. No one who wasn’t just after him because of the ex-group factor anyway.

He looked around his room, as he lay against the pillows of his king sized bed. There was nothing in this room that he liked. Nothing. It was a combination of an ex-girlfriend and her ‘interior designer’ friend. Thinking about it, he’d never actually seen her portfolio or her qualifications. He really had to stop trusting people. He wouldn’t have this comforter for a start. It had embroidery on it. He woke up sometimes with it indented into his face. He hated this room. He hated the adjoining bathroom too. He wouldn’t have bought a purple furry mirror surround with vanity lighting for the bathroom. He’d have a man mirror. With a little cupboard behind to keep his razor in. He wouldn’t have gold candles around the bath, he’d have porn, or perhaps a good book if there was a guest in the house.

Thinking about it, there was no reason for him to keep it like this. The girl was long gone, so it was time all this crap went too.

4 hours later Chris was hurt and tired, this time from exhaustion though. Every trace of the stupid decoration had gone, except now he had no bed sheets, no mirrors and a huge hole in the wall where he’d got a little frustrated with a decorative hanging. There was only one thing to do. Call JC. He’d know what to do. His house was nice.

May you find that love that won't leave you
May you find it by the end of the day


“Hi, I’m Hollie. JC sent me.” Chris opened the door the following morning to a bubbly, blonde haired woman, smiling and holding her hand out. Chris shook her hand, looking her over. JC had said that this Hollie was good, that she listened to the client and worked around their taste and not hers. What Chris wasn’t expecting was the English accent, the beautiful smile and the sarcasm dripping from her as he led her upstairs to what had formally been his bedroom.

“Did you get hit by a small internal colour-blind whirlwind?” Hollie asked, picking up the remnants of the purple mirror.

Chris just rolled his eyes. “Ex-girlfriend with no taste is more like it.” He replied, smiling ruefully.

Hollie laughed. “I get that all the time. Come on, lets go discuss what you do like.” They walked downstairs and out to Hollie’s car, getting her folders and samples out. They then sat at Chris’s large, wooden, kitchen table, one of the few things he did like, it had been a present from JC.

“I love this table.” Hollie said, rubbing her hand down the wood. “JC has good taste, he said it would work in this room.” Chris looked at her in astonishment. “I helped him pick it out.” Hollie explained, laughing, before opening the first of her folders – marked ‘Fabrics’.

It was four hours later when they were interrupted by the telephone. Chris tore himself away from Hollie and answered with a ‘Hello JC’ having seen his name flashing on the caller ID.

“So?” JC asked, all excited.
“What?” Chris replied.
“Isn’t she the best?”
“Great” he replied, looking over at where Hollie was sitting, trying to construct a 3d model of Chris’ room, so they could get more of an idea about the final look. He smiled, as he remembered her telling him her lap top was out of commission after a slight hot chocolate incident, so she was back to basics. They were having fun though, it was like being in grade school again.
“Chris. She’s great for you too. Give it a go. For me.” JC said, before hanging up his phone.


You won't be lost, hurt, tired and lonely
Something beautiful will come your way


Five weeks later Hollie was putting the finishing touches to Chris’ room. Hanging his ‘guy mirror’ up on the wall of the bathroom. It had taken a while to come as she’d had it custom made with shelves for his razors, his toothbrushes and everything else a guy needed to keep in his mirror.

“You can come in now, sweetie.” She shouted through to Chris, who lay in bed still, having been banned from getting up by Hollie when the delivery arrived that morning.

“Tada!!” Hollie said, pointing out the way the mirror sat flush on the wall, she’d utilised the hole from the wall hanging and had the shelves tucked into that. She opened the mirror up, showing him the purple interior, her little reminder to him to never let a girlfriend decorate, unless that girlfriend was her of course.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki