The Dance by Brianna


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +



"Damn it where's my new boxers?" Joey ran down the hallway and into the kitchen-livingroom. "Ya know, the ones with the kiss things?"

"Joey, I really don't know. Okay?
Just, like, look for em. I don't take care of your stuff," JC told him, continuing to pack up the food into the picnic basket. Justin and Chris cracked up laughing behind him.

Lance came out of his bedroom with blue border shorts on and a wifebeater, then slipped on his sunglasses. "Everyone ready?" he asked, looking around, then noticed Joey wasn't in sight. "Oh, gosh darn it, where's damn Joey?"

Chris snorted and laughed again.
"Looking for his boxers." He shook his head and put the last topping on his 'Chris-a-nator' sandwich.

"Okay, then. Let him find them." Lance smirked.

"Where'd you put them?" Justin asked immediately, noticing the smug look on his friend's not-so-innocent face.

Lance raised an eyebrow and pursed his lips. "What makes you think I took them?"

"Because I know how much of an ass you are, now tell me so we make it to the lake before it rains!" Justin threw at him.

"Okay, jeez, they're where they're supposed to be, therefore the very last place he'll look." He laughed.
"In his underwear drawer." He shook his head with a laugh and walked away.

Chris licked some chocolate syrup off of his finger. "Mmm-mmm-mmm!"

"Ugh." JC looked over at the ten stacked sandwich creation Chris had made. "Who the hell puts lettuce, sausage, chocolate syrup and butter pecan ice cream in a sandwich?"

"Chris." Justin said, pointing to him. "Duh."

"Where's butter pecan? I want some? Can I have some?" Lance ran towards the table. They all knew butter pecan was Lance's absolute favorite.

"Yeah, sure, ask Chris to share his Chris-a-nator with you at lunch. It could be a date." JC said, trying to keep a serious face as he packed a tomato into the basket.

Chris winked and blew a romantic kiss to his friend as a joke, and Lance looked disgusted. He glared at him.

"Yuck, forget it." He began to walk back down the hall to talk to Joey.
"Man, gross."

Chris laughed and put some glad sandwich wrapping over it. "Fine. More for moi." He took his 'Chris-Tonica', which was made up of Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, and Raspberry Ginger-Ale, and brought it out to the car.

JC struggled to close the picnic basket, but successfully tried again and carried that out to the car too.

"Lance!" Justin called, grabbing his new sunglasses and his jacket just in case. "Joey! Come on, bus is leavin' and it ain't gonna be stoppin'!" He closed the door behind him.

"Damn it Joey how darn numb can you get?" Lance threw open Joey's drawer. "How about looking in the place where they're *supposed* to be?"

"Nice thought." Joey took his boxers and ran to the bathroom to put them on, singing and skipping the whole way.

"Dork." He followed the other guys and jumped into JC's new jeep.

"How's Joey doin'?" JC asked, looking through the rear-view mirror to see him.

"Who knows?" Lance answered sarcastically. "I don't babysit him." He laughed and put his arm over the back of the seat.

It was almost a perfect day. Barely any clouds hovered in the sky and it was a perfect, beautiful blue. A nice, not too hot, not too cool day in June.

"Wahoo!" Justin jumped out of the jeep through the open window and landed on the grass.

"You idiot, I could have run over you, you know!" JC hollered.

"See if I care!" he said back, running towards the beach and taking his shirt and sandals off. "I'm goin' swimming!"

They all laughed at their youngest friend and began to unpack on the sand.

"Sandwiches, chips, soda, cookies, cheese, bagels, and burgers and hotdogs." JC informed them. "It's all here. Burgers and hotdogs are for the barbie tonight. So choose from the reast of that."

Lance opened a bag of bbq chips and Fritos. "Can you pass one of the balogna sandwiches?" he pointed to the one he wanted and Chris handed it to him.

The guys never got time off from touring and writing and recording to have a little bit of fun like this. Of course, there would be fans, but this was part of a school day, so no kids would be around.

They were going to take today slow so they could just relax and have some fun.

"Mm." Joey swallowed his slice of cheese. "This is pretty good. Good job, JC."

JC laughed. "It's cheese. All I did was cut it." Realizing what he'd said, he laughed as the other guys moved away slightly.

Later that day, as the sun was beginning to set over the lake,
Chris and Lance began to clean up and get ready to leave. The barbeque had certainly gone well, they'd enjoyed it quite a bit.

"Hey, guys," a group of girls walked over to them, "need any help?"

"Oh, ah," Lance looked up at them, "no, we're fine. Thanks, though." He smiled.

"Okay. Well." She looked around.
"I'm Megan. This is Sarah, Ginny, Karyn and Gem." She pointed to each one of her friends.

They all grinned.

Sarah and Ginny were identical twins, both of them black hair and dark brown eyes. Karyn was a redhead with goldish-green eyes, quite tall, almost Justin's height, in fact, she also looked the youngest. And Gem was blonde haired and blue eyed.

Megan, on the other hand, caught
Lance's eye pretty fast. She was stunning. More heavy-set than the others, but she also looked much more laid-back and mature. She had long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes, and her fair skin was perfect in the light. She looked to be about 24, just about Lance's age.

"Hi, Megan, Gem, Ginny, Karyn, and...um.." Chris laughed. "I forget your name."

She laughed. "I'm Sarah."

Chris smiled and kissed her hand.
"Hello Sarah."

"Chris you dork," Lance slapped him.

"I'm Lance." he told them, then pointed over to his other friends.

"That's JC over there, Justin's in the water, and Joey is...Probably in the bathroom." He laughed.

"Lance," Megan blushed and looked down at her pink flip flops, "would you like to come to a dance tonight at the rec hall?" she asked him.

"Wow, um," he looked around.
"Sure."

Megan grinned. "Great. I'm just going to go change and I'll be right back, okay?"

"Yeah." Lance smiled with wide eyes and turned to Chris. "I got a date, I got a date, I got a date," he chanted, then ran to his duffel bag to get his change of clothes.

Chris rolled his eyes and called the other guys over to introduce them. "Guys, meet, Sarah," he winked over at her and she blushed with a shy smile, "Gem, Ginny, and Karyn. Megan just went to change."

"Yeah." Karyn looked Joey over.

"She's going to the dance with Lance." She laughed. "That rhymes."
Joey raised his eyebrows at JC and Justin, then walked over to Karyn.

"Would you do me the honors of attending that dance with me?" he asked, trying to sound 'romantic'.

"But of course, Joey." She smiled and began to walk away with him.

"Sheesh, everyone is hooking up tonight," Justin laughed slightly. "Gem, you wanna go with me?"

"Yeah, awesome!" She tried not to sound too excited or too bored, but inside she was shaking with excitement.

JC clapped, not knowing exactly what else to do. "I guess that leaves us, Ginny." He smiled at her. "Wanna go to that dance?"

"No." Ginny said awkwardly. "I mean...I can't. My mom wants me home by 10, that's like 20 minutes, so..." Shyly, she looked around her.

JC smiled. "Want a ride home then?" At least then they would be alone, right?

"Um, yeah, sure."

"OK, where do you live?" JC asked, grabbing his keys and jacket.

"Down near Wilson, ya know, right across the street from Daryl's Car Shop." She tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"Ah, yes," he looked at her, "I know where that is, I used to live around there."

Ginny giggled and walked with JC to his jeep.

Meanwhile at the dance, Lance was sitting next to Megan, watching Sarah and Chris dance. He looked down at his fingertips and sighed nervously. "Hey...Megan--"

"Call me Meggie," she said, leaning on his arm.

Lance didn't exactly feel comfortable giving someone he just met a pet name, so he just decided not to say her name for the night.

"Right, um...Do you wanna dance?"

"Sure!"

Almost two hours passed and the guys were finally saying goodbye to their dates, each one of them
getting each others' phone numbers.

"Alrighty, I'll call you tomorrow then?" Joey said, giving Karyn a quick hug.

"You betcha." She grinned and hugged back.

When JC got back to the lake, he told them all to get in the car.

"We gotta go you guys, we have that interview in the morning!"

"Oh, darn, yeah I forgot." Justin said, trying to act like he had.

"Justin." Lance punched his arm and pushed him into the back seat.

Chris sighed and turned to look at them from the front seat. "Well guys, what was that?"

"That?" Lance laughed, looking back at the day and his beautiful date, 'Meggie'. "That was one heck of a picnic."

Joey and Justin laughed. "Yeah, it was."

"We gotta do that again some time." JC thought out loud.

"Jayce, stop."

"What?"

"Just. Stop." Chris said, wide eyed.

"Fine." JC slowed to the side of the road and put it in park. "Now what."

"Let me piss." Chris ran out into the woods as the rest of the guys cracked up laughing in the car.

Yup, it had been one heck of a picnic.

This story is the prologue to the Dance series. I know it doesn't sound like it has much of a plot yet, but wait until the first story is posted and read it. ;)

Thanks,
Brianna


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki