Second Chances by nsyncs1girl


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin worked a deal with the ticket agent so that he, Emily, and Danny could get on a flight immediately in place of a cancellation.

"I really appreciate this, Justin." She said, strapping herself into a seat.

"Dont worry about it, Em."

"What about the tour?" she prodded. Justin heaved an uneasy sigh before replying.

"Oh yeah. The tour. Screw the tour."

"Like it's that easy!" Emily cackled. Justin grinned as he realized that he just might have another chance with Emily.

The plane began moving, and a female voice came over the speakers informing them of the restrictions for the 10 minutes during takeoff. Emily stared in amazement as Justin mouthed the woman's voice word for word.

"That is so sad that you know exactly how the script goes." she said.

"No it's not. What's sad is that I, along, with the other guys and a good percentage of the crew, know exactly how the "script" goes in English, French, German, and Spanish!" he replied.

Emily looked around at the other passengers, noting a few famous faces.

"Oh my gosh!" she cried, grabbing Justin's arm, "Is that Mary J. Blige?!?" Justin craned his neck to see who she was talking about. Sure enough, it was. They waved to each other before Justin turned back around.

"That's her, isnt it?!?" she whispered.

Justin chuckled softly.

"You used to be accustomed to seeing celebrities, remember?"

Emily looked down and shook her head.

"Justin, don't." she whispered.

"Don't what?" he snapped unexpectedly.

"DON'T, Justin." She glanced at their son and smiled so he wouldn't get upset. But he didn't seem to notice. Instead, he was busy trying to see who else was on the plane.

"Unco Dayce? Issink come?"

"They're still in Orlando, Danny. They didn't come on this plane with us."

"No Issink pwane?" he squeaked.

"They will next time, I promise."

"O.K., Daddy."

Hearing all this, Emily kissed the top of her son's head and gave Justin a warning glance.
____________________________________________________

As they were getting ready to get off the plane, Justin quickly slipped on a hat and sunglasses.

When they came to the exit of the terminal, they were immediately spotted by Emilys sisters- Alicia and Kayla, and her cousin Jennifer.

"Hi, sweetie." Alicia said, hugging her little sister.

"Emily, I'm so glad you came." Kayla told her.

"Yeah, um, you remember Justin, and of course, Danny."

"Hey, Justin." Alicia smiled.

"Hello, Alicia. You look beautiful as ever." He kissed her cheek and moved on to Kayla.

"Kayla." He kissed her, too as Jennifer squealed over Danny.

"He looks so much like his dad, doesn't he Emily?" she said.

"Yeah, he does." Emily agreed proudly.

"Look at those gorgeous curls!" Alicia exclaimed.

"Why, thank you." Justin joked. They all laughed and finally went to the car.





"So hows Dad?" Emily finally asked. The other three exchanged nervous glances before Kayla, being the oldest, answered.

"He's not well." The news caused Emily to burst into tears and Justin took advantage of the situation by pulling her close.

"No cwy, Mommy." Danny quietly begged.

Emily smiled as she buried her face in Justin's shoulder, his muscled arms tightly yet gently holding her.

"Mommy cwy?" the little boy questioned sadly.

"Danny, your Mommy is sad right now." Justin's answer seemed to be sufficient for his son, as the matter was then dropped.

____________________________________________________

By then, they had reached Emily's childhood home, and they all stepped out of the car. Emily stared at the large home, noting how ever-slightly it had changed.

They all walked inside, Emily and Justin leaving Danny with the girls so that the two could look around. They went upstairs to find that her old room was exactly the same as it had been when Emily and Justin got married.

When you walked in the door, to your left was her dresser. Laid across it was a piece of red silk material. Atop the fabric was a picture of Emily and Justin from a year ago, just before the divorce.

All of the walls were covered in posters. So much so, that you'd never know that underneath it all was a pale, pink color. There were NKOTB posters, BSB posters, Savage Garden posters, BBMak posters, and most of all *NSYNC posters.

The queen-sized bed was set against a far wall. On top of the mattress was a quilt her grandmother had made. Sitting in the middle of her pillows, was a stuffed bear. The bear was brown with bright, blue eyes and a cute cartoon smile.

"Wow." Emily breathed. "It's just like I remember."

They put their bags in the room and rejoined the others in the living room, before leaving for the hospital.

"Alright. Mom, Eric, Alex, Aunt Tina, Uncle Louis, and Tony are all at the hospital with Dad." Alicia informed them as she clicked her cell phone shut.

"We better get going, then." Jennifer decided.

They piled into the car without saying a word. They all had different thing running through their minds.

Justin was worried about Emily's dad as well as his relationship w/ her, Emily was worried about her dad, and the other three girls were also worried about Jerry, although, their curiosity as to why Justin came was prevalent in their thoughts.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki