Second Chances by nsyncs1girl


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Alicia led the way to room 309, which was where her father was staying. As they neared the room, they could hear laughter and chattering.

"What's going on?" Kayla asked her brother, Eric, who was standing in the doorway.

"Dad seems to be doing better."

"Obviously."

"Unco Ewic!" Danny yelled, releasing himself from his dad's arms as he ran to him.

"Hey, Danny! How's my favorite nephew?"

Danny giggled with delight as Eric held him tightly while tickling his chubby stomach. Most of the others finally went into the room.

Eric looked up to see Emily and Justin standing nearby. Emily avoided eye contact with her oldest brother, opting instead to smooth out the soft, pink sweater she had put on.

(FLASHBACK)

"He's a player, Emily!" Eric yelled

"No he's not! You don't know him!" Emily retorted.

"He's a celebrity! He can have anyone he wants!"

"He wants me!"

"For how long? How long is he gonna stay with you before he tells you goodbye?"

"You didn't care before I told you we were engaged!"

"Because I figured he'd ditch you before it went that far!"

By that point, Emily had heard enough and she angrily slapped her brother across the face before storming out of the house.

(END FLASHBACK)

Out of courtesy, Justin shook Eric's hand politely.

"Eric." he calmly said.

"Justin."

"Danny," Emily finally interrupted. "do you wanna go see Paw Paw and Gran?"

"Yeah!" Danny agreed happily, grabbing his mom's hand. Emily then took Justin's hand in her own and pulled him into the room behind her. Justin looked down at their intertwined fingers and took a sharp breath. He couldn't remember the last time he and Emily had held hands.

"Hey, Em." Alex rushed over to his big sister and hugged her tightly.

"Alex, I have missed you so much." She whispered in his ear.

"Me too." He answered.

Emily then went around the room with Danny, the two of them hugging her parents, her aunt and uncle, and her cousin.

"Justin, my boy, is that you?" Emily's father called hopefully.

"Hello, Jerry." Justin said in response. He shook the man's hand and then bent down to hug Emily's mother.

"How are you, Elizabeth?"

"I'm great, now that everyone is here." She answered as Danny crawled up into her lap.

"Justin," Emily's cousin Tony began, "What have you been up to lately?"

"Well, we're about to go on tour to promote our upcoming album, Celebrity. I'm also thinking about a solo project and maybe a couple of duets with Brian McKnight."

"Wow. It's great that your little 'boy band' has been so successful." Eric said, his voice dripping with hostility.

Justin glanced over his shoulder at Eric before changing the subject.

"So Tony, how's that internet company of yours coming?" The room then listened intently as he explained a technicality they had found in their contract. But all the while Tony was talking, Justin couldn't help but think about what Eric had said.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki