The reason by KristinaCassadine84


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Ok so I just heard the Hoobastank song The reason and saw a bit of the video(I didn't watch the whole thing, whoops!) But from what I've seen it made me come up with an idea. Hope you like!



Hopefully this is the last time we’ll do this shit. I’m getting real tired of it to be honest with you. I’m standing off to the side pretty much making sure that everything is ok. So far everything is in the cards for us, there really isn’t anyone here but the employees. Perfect us, bad for them. Under these thick black ski masks are quite possibly some of the most good looking guys around. No I’m not gay, but I’m not going to lie and say that we’re not handsome. If you actually seen us without these masks you’d think we in some boy band. A few pop locks and thrusts it could work. Instead we’re here doing the last thing that could come to mind if you’ve ever seen us.

“Put the money in the bag bitch!” J.C. screamed. Normally he’s not like that towards women. This is just some kind of intimidation process to scare the lady. If this were a different circumstance he’d probably wine and dine her.

“Anyone coming?” I check behind us, still nothing. Its early morning, so there’s not really a crowd out.

“Nope.” J.C. turned back around and kept his eyes dead on her. Frantically she’s moving along basically throwing the money in the old burlap sack. You would think with the money we have we could afford something more than some burlap sack. Blame it on being extremely cheap ok? Constantly I’m turning around waiting, watching, wondering exactly how long this is going to last. My heart is beating so hard that it could jump right out of my chest and walk down the street. I’m sure my blood pressure is so high. And the sweat that’s pouring under this mask from my head is suffocating me. I am too young for this shit. I should be somewhere doing something people my age normally would do. Maybe college, a legit job, you know something average. But no, I’m here for what could either be my 8th or 9th bank robbery. I lost count after awhile because it stresses you the fuck out that you can’t think of something simple as that. Nervously I’m holding onto the gun knowing very well that I’m not going to use it. Never have, never will, I’m too much of a chump for all that. Suddenly while we’re standing there there’s a huge crash outside of the bank.

“What the fuck was that?” Joey says muffled under his mask. I try to look back to see what’s going on but I can’t see anything. People are starting to clamor around whatever is going down out there and if we catch any of that attention our 3 month period of robbing banks are going to be kaput. “Come on man let’s just get the hell out of here!”

Like a smart cookie, J.C. grabs the back and we hightail it out of there. Yet I can’t help but wonder what exactly happened. What felt like forever must’ve been only 10 seconds. As we’re running out to the getaway car I see someone on the ground. Apparently someone’s been hit by a car because all I can see are sprawled out legs. They aren’t dead because they’re moving but somehow even with that little vision, that’s not what stops me. There standing by the curb is a young woman. Well not too young maybe 18-19, younger than myself, you can still see a little of the baby fat around her face that’s her long chestnut brown hair frames. Her honey kissed skin glows beneath the early morning sun that’s beaming down upon all of this. Killing me because this hot ass mask and black get up is retaining heat but at the moment I’m not paying any attention to that. I’m only paying attention to the pretty girl looking straight at me. She’s actually supremely gorgeous. She’s just standing there looking right at me as if I‘m made of 100% iron and her eyes made of magnets. From where I’m standing I can see her almond shaped eyes slowly shifting. Once over to us, to the bank and back at the victim on the ground, then back at me. She does it again, us, bank, victim, us. I know she knows what’s going on.

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you



“Dude get in the car!” Chris yells from the drivers side of the car. Quickly I jump in and the old 1987 gray four door chevy pulls off. But I can’t help but turn back around and look. And before mine eyes she’s still there staring. Red lights from the EMS truck surround her. Everything is moving in slow motion like a movie. Wow, that was different. Never have we had witnesses so then that makes me wonder. Will she turn us in? Or will she pretend that she saw nothing? Only time will tell…..

~*~
“A bizarre event in front of the TFC bank on Jefferson. While the bank was being robbed, an elderly woman was struck by a car! This has been the 9th robbery in the surrounding area. Because of the accident there weren’t any witnesses, however if you were in the area and have seen anything please contact--” I shut the television off and laid back against the hard pillow of the motel bedroom. Hmm, so it was our 9th robbery? Interesting.

Sleep began to beckon for me and I answered. Slowly but surely I closed my eyes allowing the tiredness my body ached for from today’s activities (hey robbing a bank can be tiring sometimes!) to wash away. But then the strangest thing happened. I saw her, her brown eyes, her skin and her brown hair gently flowing away from her face. The way she was looking at me, even in my dreams caused goose bumps all over my body. Eep, never had that before. She’s just there, not saying anything but just staring. Her eyes are screaming to me. They’re telling me what I’m doing is wrong. Chuh, I know that too! But its something about the way she’s staring that’s confirming it all. This isn’t the life that I want for myself. Going bank to bank, scaring the tellers, stealing, walking the thin life of freedom and jail. For a while now I’ve been thinking about stopping this. Not too sure that any of the other guys are out but you know, I think I am. Wait not think, I know I am. I just can’t handle it anymore. What if one day this shit gets deadly? Like a shoot out? I’m too pretty to get shot. Don’t need any bullets marring this body of mine. Now I know what you’re thinking, ‘oh just because some girl looks at you, you’re out?’ Actually sounds like something J.C. or Chris would say. Lance would be more undestanding. He has a conscience as well as my own. Joey? Not too sure. Probably think the same as J.C. and Chris. But you didn’t see the way she looked at me. Neither did they. That simple look just kind of cemented something that’s been dancing around in the back of my mind for the last four times we did this. It’s over.

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why i need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is You



~*~

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you




By the time the guys come for me I’ll be gone. I took my chunk of what I got from yesterday and bounced. I’m not going to lie, it was kind of hard walking out of that dingy hotel. Walking from the hotel wasn’t a problem, walking away from my boys was the dilemma. I’ve known them for sooooo long and been through so much shit with them that imagining life without them is actually kind of hard. But if I stay, my life will go down a downward spiral that I know for a fact I don’t want nor need. I haven’t been home in so long. I haven’t seen my family since God knows when. This will be the perfect opportunity to perhaps get on the ball of things. Start anew, get a decent apartment with the money that I have, a few classes at a community college. Sounds good right? While I’m walking along towards the bus station, I get a hankering deep down in my belly. Dang when was the last time I ate? Apparently my stomach is asking the same question because its growling like a mofo.

“Better stop and get something to eat” I said to myself. So far the only places around here are these frilly café places. Something to attract the visitors from out of state I guess. Making my way closer to one of those café’s I just told you about, I head down to the one that looks kind of busy. Must be pretty good if they have all those folks waltzing in and out of there. Just might grab myself a blueberry muffin or something. Might as well start eating healthy as well right? But as I’m making my way there I stop in my tracks. There sitting at one of the black wire tables outside is that girl! How is this possible? I saw her yesterday morning and all night in my dreams and there she is sitting reading a book while drinking a frap. A cool breeze flows amongst us, blowing her hair back just like it did yesterday. What do I do? What do I do? Should I turn back around or should I approach her? And if I approach her what do I say? Dude do I feel like a chump. I’ve never been scared of girls…I mean women, well no she’s young so girls, why now? My throat goes dry and no matter how many times I try to moisten it, it doesn’t work. Along with my dry throat, my palms go sweaty and the hunger that once occupied my stomach are now occupied with butterflies. Butterflies? What the fuck? Just when I thought I couldn’t get anymore nervous she looks up at me. Our eyes connect just like they did yesterday and literally I feel my heart stop. Dang with the way my heart has been acting, beating out of control, stopping…I should be dead. We know each other just from our eyes. I’m sure that she does because the look of recognition is on her face. She knows exactly who I am and what I did yet she didn’t say one word. Wow. Magically (I still don’t know how it happened to this day) my feet moved me. Moved me right to her. Now I’m standing before her, closer than I could imagine. Gradually she stands up, looking up at me with the same look she gave me yesterday. All night I wondered about her and now here she is, so close I can feel her breast against my chest. Between you and me, I actually like that feeling. Hey I am a man after all. Then there’s the other feeling that boiling within. That feeling is gratitude because if I hadn’t seen her yesterday I can’t be exactly sure that I’d be leaving that life that I so desperately didn’t need. Quite possibly she’s the reason for me turning my life around. Where I should be shouting out loud THANK YOU!!! The only word I can mutter is:

“Hi.”

“Hi” she replied in just above a whisper. Maybe this is the start of something positive in my life. Her.

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki