Escape From Reality by nic1779


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


They ate in silence, Lila still not asking why he was there, and he not offering an explanation. When they were done, she cleared the table, and he went to work washing the dishes. "You dont have to do those" she said, setting more dishes on the counter. "I know, but I want to" he told her, concentrating on the plate in his hands. "Why would you want to do dishes. You can't possiby miss doing those chores" she said with a laugh. "And what if I do?" he asked her, and her eyes rose to meet his, and she didnt say anything about it again. In truth, he did miss doing simple chores such as washing dishes, or doing laundry. He never got a chance to do those things at home. His maid would never hear of it, and as much as he wanted to get rid of her, the company wouldnt allow him too. He was thier goldenboy, America;s heartthrob, the man every young girl dreamed about, and what would happen if he cut himself on a piece of glass, or burnt himself on a stove....those were risks not worth taking as far as Jive and Jonny were concerned, and so Justin lived his life like a chinadoll. Something for everyone to look at and aww over, but something never to be touched. And thats where Lila came into the picture.

During thier first "date"together, the two knew they would never make it as a couple, yet they were so compatible that a strong friendship soon formed. Unlike everyone else in the world, the other four men of the group excluded, Lila saw him for who he was. Whenever the steady rise to stardom would start to go to his head, Lila was right there to knock him back down a few notches and help keep him grounded. With her quick wit and sarcastic sense of humor, she could always remind him of where he came from. She was there when the guys first got together, there when they signed thier contracts, there when they recorded and released thier first album. She was there while he was touring Europe, patiently waiting by the phone for his call every night, listening to him at 5 in the morning as he told her all they had done that day. She was there for the release of thier album in America, there for the taping of the Disney Special that started it all. She had been there through all the good times as well as the bad, her friendship to him remaining strong through it all. She was even there when he was starting to soar up the charts, and slowly starting to stray from her life. His daily calls became weekly. His weekly calls fading into monthly. And his monthly calls finally fading out all together.

She was gathering up her keys, heading out for a long needed night on the town with the girls, when the phone started ringing. She was going to let it go through to the machine, but something told her to just go ahead and answer it. "Hello?" "Hey LiLi" his voice came softly over the line, her nickname flowing smoothly from his lips as if he had just left. "Heyyy popstar" she said with a sigh, tossing her keys backdown on the table, and folding her legs up underneath her on the couch. "You busy?" he asked her. "Nope..whats up?" she asked, knowing her plans were quickly being pushed aside for him, and not for the first time. "Not too much, havent talked to ya in awhile" he said. "Yeah...its been three months J" she said softly, her heart aching as she listened to his voice. She had been telling herself for the last three months that he would call tomorrow...and as tomorrow came she told herself the same lie, until she finally gave up hope, trying to forget about the man who had become her best friend. And now here he was, calling her up, just like nothing had ever happened. "Has it been that long already? I'm sorry LiLi...things have been crazy" he told her. "I know, I only have to pick up a newspaper or turn on the television to know that" she told him, and he chuckled. "So I guess you were right afterall" he said after a moment. "I guess I was popstar" she said, and he again chuckled at the nickname. If anyone else had called him that he would yell, hating the term referring to him, but from her, he knew it was nothing more than a term of endearment. They talked for several hours that night, Lila completly forgetting the plans she made previously. Finally the two of them were both trying to keep from falling asleep on the phone. "I need to go to bed J" Lila said with a yawn. "Me too Li...love ya girl...and I'll call...when I can" he told her...his hesitation not going unnoticed by Lila. "I know J...night popstar" she said. "Night LiLi" he said back, and they hung up, Lila knowing she wouldnt be hearing from him again.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki