Escape From Reality by nic1779


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The movie ended and Justin and Lila left the theater, tears still streaming down thier face from laughing so hard. "Oh my god...I never knew Joey could be so funny!" Lila said, and Justin broke into another fit of laughter. "What was with the high squeaky voice in the beginning? Oh my god that just killed me" Justin said, the two of them having to lean on each other for support. "Ooompa!!" Lila said loudly, causing more than one person to turn and stare, and the two collapsed on a bench, laughing too hard to stay standing. "Wow, that was just too much fun" Justin said when he finally caught his breath. "Yeah it was...can we call and harrass him when we get home?" Lila asked him, and Justin nodded, again laughing as he thought of the conversation that was going to come out of that call. "So where too now popstar?" Lila asked. "I dunno, what do you think?" Justin asked. "Umm...how about if I drop you off home, and then go grocery shopping for dinner?" she asked. "Sounds good to me, I'm starved, most of my popcorn went to waste" he said, glaring evilly at Lila, and she again burst into laughter, remembering the view of him sitting there with popcorn falling out of his hair.

A little while later, Lila pulled into her complex, gathered up the groceries and headed upstairs. She opened the door, and stopped, it was too quiet. "J?" she called out, moving slowly over the threshold and into the apartment. "Popstar? What are you up too?" she asked catiously, not quite sure if she really wanted to know. She deposited the groceries in the kitchen, and continued to search for Justin. Finally she spotted him, and she burst into laughter. "Oh my god...what the hell are you doing?" she asked between laughs. "Shhh...they might hear you" he said softly, pointing upwards, and she again broke into a fit of laughter. Justin sat on the couch, staring back at her, with an aluminum foil "helmet" on. "Here, put this on...quick" he told her, holding a second one out towards her. "You have got to be kidding me" she said, looking at him with a hand on her hip. "You dont want them to know what your thinking..right? Shit I dont even wanna know what your thinking half the time, we dont need them getting corrupted" he told her with a straight face. She laughed, and then realized what he said, and she gave him a dirty look, finally causing him to breakdown and laugh. "Just humor me and put the damn thing on please?" Justin asked, holding the hat back out to her. Finally she sighed and took the ridiculous hat from him and put it on her own head. "Happy?" she asked. "Yup" he told her with a grin, and with another sigh, she went to start dinner.

A short time later, they were making themselves comfortable on the floor, steaming plates of spagetti in front of them. "Can we call Joey now?" Lila asked. "Uhh...hes probably still playing the basketball game, but we can try" Justin said, checking his watch and then grabbing his phone. He hit the memory dial number and handed the phone over to Lila. It rang three times, and then was answered by a very out of breath Joey. "Justin where the fuck are you?" "Sorry to disappoint you Joey but this isnt Justin" Lila told him, smiling. "Whoa..who the hell is this and where's the little man that phone belongs too?" "Little man is bigger than you Joe and relax...its Lila" she said. "Holy shit..Li?? Thats really you?" Joey asked, relaxing now. "Yup its really me babe" she said, and he chuckled. "Thank god, you had me thinking some crazy fan had kidnapped him or something...is everything ok?" Joey asked her. "Yeah things are great. I just wanted to call and congratulate you on your movie" "My movie?" Joey asked, confused. "Yeah, Greek Wedding, we went and saw it today." "Oh, you and J went?" "Yeah, it was great, too damn funny" she told him, and he chuckled. "Glad you liked it baby...hey could I talk to Justin for a minute?" Joey asked her. "Of course, here he is, love ya joey!" she told him, and handed the phone over to Justin.

"Yo" Justin said, taking the phone from Lila. "Thank god you're ok J...we've been worried sick about you...what the hell are you doing?" Joey asked. "Umm...at the moment I am wearing my alien helmet and eating spagetti" Justin told him nonchalantly. "Alien helmet?" Joey questioned. "Yeah, you have to see Signs to understand" "Signs??" "Yeah, the movie Signs" Justin told him. "Ohh, ok...the movie...whatever anyways I meant what are you doing running away?" Joey asked him, getting back onto the subject. Justin remained quiet a moment, raising from the floor and disappearing into the bedroom before he spoke again. "I'm not running away, I just needed a break Joe" "We all need a break once in awhile Justin, but noone else has took off in the middle of the night when we have plans for the following day...shit plans for the following week" Joey told him, and Justin sighed. "I know that...but not everyone else is trying to juggle the group as well as a solo album either. Look, the game went ok tonight right?" Justin asked, praying it had. "Yeah but what about the show tomorrow?" Joey asked. "I dunno Joe..I'll call in or something" Justin told him. "Whatever...you are ok though right little man?" "Yeah Joe, now I am. I just needed to escape things for a little while, and this was the only place I could think of going" Justin told him. "Just be careful J...and call in tomorrow please, we need you to make an appearance to talk about the album" "I know, I will...and pleae tell everyone not to worry?" Justin asked. "Of course little man, talk to you tomorrow" Joey told him, and they hung up.

Justin stayed in the room for a little while longer, rying to sort things out in his head, before finally going back into the dining room. "Feel like a walk LiLi?" Justin asked, helping Lila clear the remaining dishes from the table. "Sure thing popstar" Lila said, pulling off her hat, and moving towards the door. "No wait, leave the hat on" Justin said with a grin. "What is your obsession with the hats? C'mon J I humored you inside, but now we are going outside, where there are other people...I live here remember? I see these people everyday" Lila whined. "So what Lila? Noones going to care, and if they do too damn bad" Justin told her, grabbing her hand, and pulling her towards the door, pausing long enough to place the hat back on her head before he threw open the door, stepping out into the warm Florida evening.

The couple walked in comfortable silence, both lost in thier own thoughts. 'Lila, hello dear" came an elderly voice, and Lila looked up to see her nieghbor, Mrs. Jones. "Hi Mrs. J, how are you tonight?" Lila asked, smiling softly at the elderly woman. "Just fine dear, and you? Whats that thing on your head?" the woman asked. "Oh this thing?," Lila asked, glancing over at Justin, who had a hand covering the smile on his face, "Why Mrs. J, this is only the latest trend, everyones wearing them these days" Lila said, elbowing Justin in the ribs as his chuckles grew louder. "Oh really deary? Well you just have to make me one of those, I'm always doing whatever I can to stay with the times" the older woman said, chuckling. "Well here Mrs. J,you can have mine, I'll get a new one later" Lila said, handing the hat to the woman, ignoring the pang of guilt she felt as the woman put it on. "Oh thank you dear!" Mrs. Jones said, and with that she slowly started making her way home, hat sitting proudly on her head.

"That was so mean"Justin whispered as they walked in the other direction. "Oh, and the fact that you made me wear it outside to begin with wasnt? This is all your fault you know" Lila shot back. "I didnt make some poor old lady who doesnt know any better wear one though" "No, just left me no choice but to wear one...if I hadnt been forced to wear one outside, then she never would have seen it and she never would have just walked away with one" Lila pointed out, and Justin started chuckling. "What the hell is so funny?" Lila asked him, stopping to turn around. "We just convinced an old lady that tin foil is the new craze. We are SO bad" Justin told her, and she started to laugh as well, the two of them linking arms as they made thier way back to the apartment.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki