Cure for a bad day by jujuluvr


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


This has to be the worst day of my life.
That was Billie Cole’s exact though as she made her way down the street to her New York apartment. She shivered as a gust of wind hit her bare arms. On top of the mess of the day, she had forgotten a jacket. Along with losing her wallet, a lecture from her boss, and the heel of her favorite pair of shoes breaking, today was just not her day.
As she rounded the corner to her building, she prayed that Josh was in a good mood. A few hours alone with her boyfriend might be just what she needed to cheer her up. But as she finally entered their small apartment, she saw him firmly planted on the couch, a beer in his hand, and his eyes glued to the TV.
Oh no. It was Monday night football.
Billie sighed as she walked into the apartment. “Hey Josh,” she greeted on her way to the bedroom. He grunted a response. Looking in the bedroom mirror, she took her hair down and ruffed it a bit, to make it look sexy. If she was gonna get some tonight, she’d have to pry his eyes from the dammed TV set. Not an easy task. She reapplied her lipstick, put on some perfume, and undid a few more buttons on her shirt to show some cleavage. Then she made her way back into the living room.
“Hey honey, could you get me another beer?” Josh called out.
Billie rolled her eyes. Reluctantly she headed to the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of Bud Lite. Then, turning on her charm, she walked back into the living room where Josh sat.
“Here sweetheart,” she held out the bottle, then sat herself down in his lap.
He tilted his head to see around her. “Thanks babe,” he opened the bottle and took a long sip. “Have a good day?”
“Not really. But you know what, you can fix that,” she said, leaning down to kiss his neck gently.
“Come on, not now Billie. I’m watching the game.”
“Josh please,” she moaned in his ear, kissing the lobe softly.
“Wait ‘till a commercial or somethin’.”
“I can’t.” Her hand slid under his shirt to rub his chest.
“Ah babe, don’t do this now,” he told her. “We can”holy shit, he just made a touchdown!” He jumped up, knocking Billie off his lap. She fell back on the couch and sat there fuming.
“Josh-“
“Not now Billie!” He said, getting a bit agitated. “Goddamn, can’t you see I’m trying to watch something? Now get me some chips like a good girl.” He sat back down.
Oh, hell no. Billie couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She gritted her teeth and grabbed the bag of chips on the counter. Then, ripping the bag open, she dumped it over and in his lap. The chips spilled over him.
Josh jumped back up, hitting the chips off his lap and onto the floor. “What the hell’s your problem?”
“You are my problem,” she said, throwing the empty bag down.
“Okay, I don’t know what happened to you today, but you need to stop the bitchy attitude before I get pissed.”
She took a deep, long breath, hoping to calm down. “All I wanted to do today was home to my boyfriend and forget all about my horrible day. But I guess that’s a long shot. I can’t even get my boyfriend to make love to me! I thought at least that would take my mind off things for awhile. But I guess I was wrong. So I’ll just leave you alone with your precious game, because you obviously care more about it than me!” With that she stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door on the way out.
She wouldn’t cry. She told herself she wouldn’t. She bit her lip as she rushed down the hall and into the elevator, down to the lobby. One she was outside, she paused. She had no idea what she was doing or where to go. She needed a drink, she knew that much. Billie suddenly remembered a small little pub a little ways down the road. She started to head in the direction of it, hoping to drown the sorrows of her day in alcohol.

*_*_*_*_*

Justin downed his third beer and leaned back. Today had been rough. Endless promotion could tire a person out. Eager to escape the flashing lights for awhile, he came across the small pub and decided on getting drunk.
He ordered his fourth beer when he saw a woman sit down at the bar a few stools away from him. She looked upset over something. He watched her as she ran a hand through her chocolate-colored hair and sigh.
“What’ll ya have, miss?” The bartender asked her.
“Give me a shot of vodka.” Billie was gonna take it slow, but now she realized that she had to go right to the hard stuff.
As the drink slid in her direction she realized that she had lost her wallet today. Damn. “Oh, I’m sorry; I forgot I don’t have my wallet. I can’t pay for the-“
“Don’t worry, I got it.” Billie watched as a man slid into the seat next to her and threw a few bills on the counter. Billie was ready to turn and tell the guy off, but when she did all she saw was a bright smile, and handsome eyes. His grin looked so innocent, so sincere, that she couldn’t help but smile back. “You didn’t have to do that.”
“Don’t worry; you look like you needed that.” She eyed the shot. Then she picked up the small glass and tipped it back like it was nothing. “Wow, I’m impressed. Not many women can handle straight vodka.”
“Well I’m not most women,” she slid the glass back to the bartender.
“You can keep them coming. Just put it on my tab.” Justin told him. He nodded. “So, I never did catch your name,” he said, turning back to the intriguing brunette.
“That’s because I never gave it.”
Justin smiled. “Well I’m Justin.”
“Billie.” The second shot arrived and she drank it, wobbling a little on the stool after she drank it.
His arm held her back to steady her. “Whoa, careful there. Why don’t you slow it down a bit? Let’s get you a mix drink. “ He ordered it from the bartender.
“Is buying drinks for me your way to get me drunk, then take advantage of me? Cause if it is, I’m not really in the mood right now.”
He looked at her incredulously. “No, of course not. When you walked in, I could tell something was bothering you. You wanna tell me about it, darlin’?”
She smiled and her heart fluttered when she heard the soft southern twang in his voice. “You’re not from New York, are you?” She ignored his question.
“No. Tennessee.”
“Oh, a country boy.” Billie smiled again. “Well, to answer your question, I’ve just had a really bad day. But thank you for the drinks though. I would have been even more
pissed if I couldn’t have drowned my sorrows in a drink,” she said, finishing off the daiquiri that Justin had ordered her. “Hey, trying to get sex from my boyfriend didn’t even work. “ She wondered why she told him that, but the drinks she had were already taking a toll on her senses. Hell, it even had her attracted to the charming southern man with a soft smile and deep blue eyes.
”Well, let me tell you from experience, sex isn’t always the best way to drown your sorrows,” he said, a bit of disappointment in her voice when he heard she had a boyfriend.
“Well neither is getting sloppy drunk. At least with sex I wouldn’t have a killer hangover in the morning,” she joked.
“He must be a real jerk.”
“Who?”
“This boyfriend you have.”
“Why do you say that?”
He slid in closer to her. “He must be blind to pass up an opportunity to have sex with you.”
It was super corny, but Billie felt herself blushing anyway. “Well, he decided that football was more important than me.” She rolled her eyes. “So Justin, why are you here? Are you an Irish drunk and spend all your time in pubs?” she grinned.
“No, but you have the Irish part right.”
“Me too. Looks like we have something in common.”
“Well we have more in common than that, I’m afraid. I’m also here, wasting the sorrows of my day away in a bottle. “
“What happened to you?” She started sipping her second daiquiri.
Justin shrugged. “Just a rough day, I guess. Lot of work.” He drank a sip of his beer.
“Too bad,” she said blindly, focusing no the way his throat muscles contracted when he swallowed.
“Eh, it comes with the job.”
“What do you do?”
He paused, unsure of how to answer. “I work in the entertainment business,” was all he replied.
“Cool.” She finished another drink.
“Whoa, you drank all that fast.”
“Well I was thirsty,” she joked. She was quickly becoming intoxicated.
“Well take it easy. I don’t want you to go puke or something since you drank all those drinks in like five minutes.”
“Don’t worry, I don’t puke. I know how to hold alcohol.” She said, standing up off the barstool to stretch out. As soon as she stood she felt dizzy, and put a hand on her stomach.
Justin put an arm on her shoulder to steady her. “Billie?”
Quietly she whispered,”I think I’m gonna be sick.”
He stood up next to her. “Come on, I’ll take you to the bathroom.” He put his arm around her and led her to the women’s restroom. Justin stood outside the door. He felt bad for her. He knew he shouldn’t have ordered her all those drinks. But then again, if he didn’t, he wouldn’t have had the chance to talk to her.
A few minutes later he heard a toilet flush and the door opened, and Billie stumbled out. “You okay? He asked her. She nodded. “Come on, let’s go sit down.” He led her to a darkened booth in the corner of the room. “Sit here,” he led her down on the soft leather, and went to the bar to get her a glass of water. “Here, drink this.” He slid in next to her on the booth.
“Justin? Are you there? I can’t see you. It’s too dark.”
He moved in closer to her. “Don’t worry, I’m here.”
She reached out for him in the dark. Her fingers touched smooth skin. Her fingers traveled farther and she came across the velvety swell of his lips. She realized then that she was touching his face. Before she was thinking about it, her lips came down and brushed against his cheek.
“What was that for?” He asked, surprised
“I just wanted to see if your skin was really as soft as it felt. It is,” she explained.
He smiled. Yep, she was definitely still drunk. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness and he saw her better, he could see the drunken glaze in her eyes.
“You know what, I wonder if your lips are as plump as they felt,” she whispered before she gently touched then with her own.
Justin’s body shot alive as she kissed him softly, then again and again. “Billie, what would your boyfriend say to this?” he asked, trying to knock some sense into her.
“What boyfriend?” She murmured in between kisses. She nibbled on his bottom lip. Justin knew he had to sober her up before he started to take advantage of the situation. But it was hard to do was her tongue started to trace lightly around his lips.
Billie giggled. “And I was worried at first that you’d come on to me. It seems the other way around,” she said, kissing his jaw and chin. “Hey, you have a chin dimple.”
“Okay, Billie, you need to drink some water. Here,” he held the glass up to her. She reluctantly took a sip, then sighed.
“I don’t want to be sober Justin, This is the most fun I’ve had all day.” She cuddled up to him in the booth and leaned against his chest. “Thank you Justin for making me forget about the horrible day I’ve had.”
“Your welcome, I guess.”
She slid her hand across his chest. “Mmmm Justin, you’ve got a nice body. You must work out a lot. Ooh, you have nice abs.”
Justin grabbed her hand before it could slide any farther. “Okay, that’s enough touching. I’ve only known you for fifteen minutes.”
“So?” She closed her eyes and let her head rest against his shoulder. “You’re Justin Timberlake, aren’t you?” She asked softly.
He looked down at her. “How’d you know?”
She shrugged. “I knew you looked familiar.” She yawned.
“You’re exhausted. I should probably take you home.”
She shook her head. “No, not yet. I don’t wanna go home. I really don’t know anything about you, Justin.” She sat up more. “Tell me about yourself.”
They spent the next thirty minutes getting to know each other. Billie listened attentively as he talked, and sobered up from the drinks quite a bit. After awhile of talking and joking with each other, Billie yawned and stretched out her arms. “What time is it?”
Justin checked his watch. “Damn, it’s only quarter to ten. The night’s still young.”
“Well what do you think we should do?”
“I dunno. I kinda like sitting here with you,” he said honestly.
“Me too. And I’m sorry for thinking you were a jerk at first.”
“Hey, don’t worry about it.”
“You’re not, by the way.”
He grinned. “Well thank you.”
“Hey, there it is!”
“There what is?
“That cute, boyish grin you have. I’ve been waiting all night to see it again.”
He shook his head. “You’re crazy.”
“So? You’re sexy.”
His heart thudded when she said that. “Same to you.”
“Ah ah, Mr. Timberlake, I’m taken. You’re not allowed to think I’m sexy.”
“Hey, you’re not allowed to think I’m sexy either! You’re the one with the boyfriend.”
“So, he’s an ass.”
“True.”
“Hey, you’ve never met him.”
“But from what you’ve told me, I already don’t like him. Any man to choose football over you isn’t worth your time, Billie.”
“Oh, why thank you.” To his surprise, leaned forward and placed a small kiss at the corner of his mouth.
His eyes widened and he looked surprised. “Hey, you’re not drunk anymore, there’s no reason for that kiss.”
“Maybe I did it because I have a soft spot for sweet, southern men?” She told him. Before he could respond, she kissed him again.
“Billie we shouldn’t be doing this,” he breathed when she broke away.
“I know.” With that she grabbed his face and kissed him hard.
Electricity shot through her body at her kiss. He sucked in his breath and clenched his fists to stop from groaning.
“You’re a good kisser Justin,” She murmured against his lips, backing away.
Justin looked down at her, panting for air. He just had the best kiss of his life, and all she could say was you’re a good kisser? Oh, they were so many things he wanted to say to her, but kissing skills weren’t on the list.
She stayed close to his face, and licked her lips. “You taste like beer.”
“Well I had six.”
“Hey, I don’t mind. I like beer. I feel stupid now, I puked after only four drinks. Normally I’m better than that. But I think it’s because I didn’t really eat anything all day.”
“Yea, you shouldn’t do that.” What was he saying? He didn’t even hear her. He was busy staring down at her lips, which he was just dying to kiss again.
“I know. But I guess having a bad day ruins your appetite.”
“Uh huh,” he breathed, not lifting his gaze. God, he was gonna die if he didn’t kiss her again.
Billie suddenly noticed his staring and felt butterflies in her stomach. Purposely she licked her lips. “Justin, how long are you gonna stare at my lips before you kiss me again?” she said boldly.
He cupped her face in his palm. His tongue flickered out to touch the corner of her mouth. “I wasn’t staring,” he breathed.
She smiled and his tongue traced her curved lips. “I think you were.”
“Well then stop talking so I can kiss you.” With that he covered her mouth with his own.
They kissed for a long time. Billie fell completely into his embrace. It felt so good to escape her troubles, if even for a few minutes. She didn’t think about anything besides Justin’s mouth on hers, his tongue caressing hers so gently.
A few of the drunks cheered them on, and a few told them to get a room. After awhile her hands started to get a little bolder, rubbing his chest and going through his hair. Justin kept his hands still, as if he was afraid to touch her. Finally his hands slid down to her shoulders, then just a little bit lower, so they were right above her breasts.
Billie smiled. She respected his morals. She threw hers out with those four drinks she had. But she wanted him to touch her. She took his hand and placed it atop her breast.
Justin broke away from the kiss, Billie noticed his lips were red and swollen looking from the kissing. “I don’t think you should do that.”
“Why not? I want you to.”
“But-“
“No, no buts. Please Justin, make me forget about my horrible day and shitty boyfriend.” She begged him.
“Billie I want to, more than anything,” He told her, moving her hand up from her breast to caressing her face. “But...we can’t have sex.”
“Why not?” She kissed down the side of his face.
“Because, I just met you...you have a boyfriend, it isn’t right...” he murmured. He was getting distracted by her gentle sucking, just under his ear. He gave into the pleasure for a few more seconds, then he pulled her head back. “Billie think about this for a second. It’s not a good idea.”
“Well I know that, but hey, my boyfriend won’t give me sex, I thought that maybe you would. I really didn’t know that I was that undesirable.”
“Billie, look at me.” He held her face in his hands and looked in her eyes. “You are a beautiful and very desirable person. And normally I would jump at the chance. But I’ve had too many girlfriends cheat on me to let you do that to your boyfriend. I know how he’ll feel and believe me, it won’t be good. Do you really love this guy?” She nodded. “Then you don’t want to break his heart. Talk to him. Tell him how you feel.”
She nodded. “You’re too good of a guy, Justin, you know that? There aren’t many men out there like you. I kinda wish I met you ten months ago instead of Josh.”
“Well I’m flattered. But you wouldn’t want to date me. All that press would eat you alive.”
“Hey, I’m a big girl, I think I could handle it.” She pouted. “I wish I didn’t like you this much Justin. Then it wouldn’t be as hard to forget about you.”
“Oh, you’ll take a few more drunk nights to get over as well. “
They smiled at each other. Just then Billie’s cell phone rang. She forgot it was attached to her back pocket. “It’s Josh.” She let it go to voicemail.
“Go talk to him.” Justin urged.
“You’re right. I guess I should go then.”
“Yea. See ya.” He said sadly.
“Wait, we can still keep in touch, can’t we? Let me have your number.”
They exchanged numbers, each of them saving them on their cell phones. “You saved my number under ‘hot stuff’?” He asked, looking at her screen.
“So? What did you save mine under?”
“Billie.”
She rolled her eyes. ”You’re boring.” Then, taking him by surprise, she leaned forward and gave him a small kiss. His eyes were wide when she pulled away. “Why do you look so surprised? Do you really think you were getting away from me without one more kiss?” She smiled at him then scooted out of the booth.
He watched her get up. “Can we maybe see each other again sometime? You know, as friends?”
“Oh, we’ll definitely meet again. One day, when were both in a horrible mood, maybe we’ll both stumble into a small pub, and our paths will cross.”
“I look forward to it.” He told her. She smiled and turned away from him. “Oh hey Billie, wait.” She turned back around in time to see him throw his leather jacket at her. “It’s cold out. I thought you might need this.”
She took the jacket and smelt it, inhaling his woodsy cologne scent. “Thanks.”
“Think of it as something to remember me by.” He gave her one more of his killer smiles before she blew him a kiss and turned to walk out of his life.
Justin leaned back in the booth and watched her walk away, wondering if he made the right decision. Then, long after she left, he got up and headed back to the bar. He needed another drink.

*_*_*_*_*

Billie walked into the apartment just after ten. She saw Josh sitting on the couch, apparently waiting for her. When he saw her he jumped up and ran to her.
“Billie! Where were you! I was worried! Oh, I’m so sorry for being an ass. Please Billie, I didn’t mean to-“
She stopped him. “Forget about it for right now. We’ll talk about it more later. You just have to get your priorities straight.”
“I know. Don’t worry, from now on you’ll be first in my life. I’m just glad you’re safe. I didn’t know where you went to.” He cupped her face and leaned in close. “Were you drinking?” he asked, smelling her breath.
She shrugged. “A little. I wasn’t too plastered.”
“Oh. Okay.” He kissed her gently, then rubbed her arms. “Billie?” He asked curiously, looking down at her.
“Hmm?”
“Where’d you get the jacket?”




The End


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki