CPR: Part I & II by PCJC24


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Disclaimer: Don't know or own them. And this is not slash, nor is there a pairing. I took a CPR class and was inspired to write this.

CPR: Part I

The chilly wind blew against the young man’s face as he walked to the hotel’s back entrance. His curly, light brown hair fell over his eyes, as he got closer to his destination. He was humming a song under his breath and inside hoping none of his fans would be waiting there for him, especially this late at night. He was in a musical band that was currently was on a lengthy hiatus. Days, weeks, months, and even years slowly start to pass by as he ventured off on his solo musical career. It seemed as if his idea of a solo career was not what he expected. There were some bonus aspects of the job, but he felt that having his four best friends with him to experience his life and their lives was the best part. He sighed to himself; he knew the reason why he was thinking about his old lifestyle. His best friends and band mates were upstairs in his hotel suite waiting for him.

However, all he wanted to do was to go to bed and watch late night TV with his friends. They have not seen each other in such a long time, but it was as if their group still was together. It appeared like the five puzzle pieces were broken apart, only to be put together again by themselves. Their friendships were the same as they always had been, nothing drastic changed between the five of them.

He was almost to the back door of the hotel, only a few more steps to go until the door would be seen clearly. As he came closer, he gasped at what he shockingly saw. One of his band mates was lying on the freezing cold ground; his eyes were closed with no motion, no rising and falling of his chest. His lips were tinted a pale shade of blue, his moist skin was white as the snow he was laying on. His tousled dark hair was in knots, his hands were sinking into the snow underneath him, the rest of his body was unresponsive; it almost made him want to cry. All of his thoughts about his solo occupation and his band slipped his mind; the only thing in his head was his lifeless friend. He dropped his bag and immediately rushed to the older man.

“JC? Are you okay?” he asked worriedly as he kneeling in the snow, his dark jeans starting so soak as he shook JC’s shoulders lightly. He caressed JC’s cold to the touch face softly, hoping for some kind of response, any kind of response, but there was none. That was starting to frighten him and to top it off there was absolutely no one around to call 911. He had his cell phone in his bag, but he knew that should give JC two quick breaths before calling himself.

He listened and felt for JC’s breaths against his cheek and ear on a count of eight. When he felt nothing, he tilted JC’s head back. He lifted his chin, put one hand on his forehead, opened mouth, and closed his nose with his thumb and index finger. He tremblingly covered JC’s mouth with his, breathing once and then again. He trailed his finger from JC’s adam’s apple to where his pulse should be found, but there was nothing. Justin screamed desperately to an on going passer to call 911 because there was a man, his best friend in the whole entire would, who was lying here unconscious. The woman came closer almost unbelievingly and called when she saw the pale young man lying on the floor motionless.

He unbuttoned JC’s winter jacket and took it off as quickly as he could, tossing it aside. He then lifted JC’s sweater up, so there was an easier access to his chest. He did 15 compressions to JC’s chest, his fingers practically shaking over him as he pumped the heel of his hands into his motionless chest. After he did the first set of chest compressions, he tilted JC’s head back again to open the airway. He squeezed the older man’s nose shut and put his mouth over JC’s mouth, giving him two more breaths.

He pumped JC’s chest fifteen times for the third and fourth set and then gave JC two additional breaths. Justin brought the side of his face close to JC's to listen for breathing as he gently felt for a pulse. There was one, but JC still was not breathing. He tilted JC’s head back again, and gave him one good rescue breath. He counted to five, and then gave another one. He did four more of these, until JC gently sputtered awake, opening his eyes briefly to look at the younger blonde man, his savior as he coughed. He let out a relieved sigh, when he saw those clueless blue eyes looking up at him and hearing the weak coughs coming out of his mouth. He gently lifted JC up to get him somewhere warmer. He cradled the weak man in his arms, as the woman who was still on the phone with 911, opened the door for the two of them. He glanced at her in thanks, before he gently laid JC on the carpeted floor of the warm hotel. He pulled down JC’s sweater, shivering as he felt his cold stomach and back in the process. He put JC’s left arm bent back and his right arm bent over his chest, as he gently turned JC over into the recovery position. Then he moved his right leg over the left to complete the position for JC’s safety.

JC looked at him, trying to speak, but Justin just shushed him and rubbed his back delicately.

“You’re going to be okay,” he said, trying to hide the emotion in his voice, as he stroked JC’s unruly curls. JC looked quietly back at Justin, hot tears spilling down his cheeks as he shivered and breathed roughly into the warm hotel air. Justin put JC’s winter jacket over his body to help keep him warm, to slowly thaw out the frozen man.

“The ambulance is coming,” he said softly, hopefully comfortingly as he kissed JC’s warm forehead. Right then, the police arrive, moving quickly inside to help him. However, when they got there, they realized there was nothing they could do, but wait for the ambulance to come, so they could give him the oxygen that he needed desperately.

“Justin,” JC gasped out his name, when the ambulance finally came. The paramedics rushed inside, moving Justin away from the victim. They immediately put an oxygen mask on JC’s mouth, as he began to breathe more steadily. JC made refusal noises that were muffled by the oxygen mask, wanting Justin to be near him.

“It’s going to be alright, you need this oxygen,” they said, as he continued to moan and cry weakly. Justin came closer and silently looked down at JC who was taking in breaths of pure oxygen. Justin put his hand in JC’s hand, squeezing gently, as the tears dripped down his nose onto JC’s now lukewarm skin.

In minutes, JC’s breathing regulated, and they were off in the ambulance to the hospital to figure out what made JC, such a young and hopefully healthy person, stop breathing. Justin was so thankful that he took that CPR course now. He didn’t think he would had to use it, but then he was put into this heartbreaking situation. To think, he saved his best friend, his brother and, now more than ever he was grateful that his mom persuaded him to come with her to that class.

Tell me what you think!? :-D


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki