Last Flight Out by MrsKateChasez


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Last Flight Out By, Kate

“It’s my deepest sadness to inform you,” the pilot’s voice crackled over the intercom then died out. The lights flickered then shut off completely. I gripped my new husband’s hand so tightly my knuckles turned white; I’d never been so scared in my life.

The pilot walked out to the cabin and stopped. “We’ve lost all power and the engines have failed.”

I looked at my husband with tears in my eyes as I continued to grip his hand. It was inevitable: everyone was going to die, the plane was crashing. This was the last time I’d see him, ever. The last time I had seen my family was at my wedding. This was it, the end of my life. I was really dying and I was not even thirty years old yet. I can’t die now, not yet! I still have my entire life ahead of me. This isn’t fair! Why didn’t they check the engines? Why was this happening to me, to us? It’s not our time, this isn’t supposed to happen to people like us. We’re too young; we haven’t lived yet. We’ve just been married!

I’m going to miss out on all of the things I’d looked forward to for as long as I can remember. I’m never going to have children; I’m never going to be a parent. No one will ever call me Mommy; I won’t ever feel that unconditional love my mother told me so much about. I will never be a grandmother. I will never experience having my children’s children come to visit so I can spoil them rotten and tell them all kinds of stories about growing up. I will never grow old with the love of my life by my side, I will die, right now, only twenty seven years old, on an airplane, filled with panic and horror.

I’m never going to see my parents again. My mom, my mommy, I will never see her again. Does she knew how much I love her? Does she knew how much she taught me, how much she means to me? She’ll never know just how much I love her, she’ll never know that she truly was my hero. And my father, he’ll never know how much I love him. My whole family, I’m never going to see them again. They’ll probably hear about this plane crash on the news and mourn, wishing they’d tried harder to convince Aaron and I to take the flight out the next morning instead of tonight.

Why on earth didn’t we listen to them? Why didn’t we schedule the flight the following morning? It was stupid to leave tonight. Look what happened! The plane is crashing! We are dying! We’ll probably burst into flames as we hit the ground. The impact alone will kill us. If not, we’ll drown to death in the freezing ocean.

I never got to say goodbye to my family or my friends; they think we’re coming back in two weeks with tons of pictures, little do they know that they’ll never see either one of us again, Lance or myself.

I just hope everyone knows how much I love them.

“Sarah,” Lance said, wrapping his arms tightly around me. “I love you.”

“I love you.” I told my husband as we continued to plummet towards the ground to our death.

With tears in both of our eyes, we held each other. We lived and breathed our vows; I loved him all the days of my life, as did he with me. Our love, though, is eternal.

The End.
Author’s Note: I thought I would put this one up because I wanted to post it somewhere. I changed it a little bit so it could be *NSYNC. I wrote this one for my Creative Writing class last year and, I don’t know, I guess it really struck a chord with me. It’s really kind of sad, but I like it. I just thought I’d fill you in on why and where I’d gotten this whole idea from. It’s supposed to be one of those kinds of stories where it’s a story within a story and the whole thing is supposed to take place in less than 6 seconds, but with this one, because the plane is crashing, it has to take longer than 6 seconds. Oh well. I got a good grade on it J lol. Okay, thanks. If you could, can you please leave a little note just saying if you liked it or not? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks, *Kate*



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki