Longer by Chasezified


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


I see you everyday
I guess we walk the same way
To wherever we're going
Every morning and every night
Do you smile to be polite
No way of knowing
I can't explain it
But I'm not complaining
If I'm happy or sad
If only we had

*~*


Nikki sighed with relief, he was there. ‘He’ was the man that walked opposite her on what must have been his way to work. He also took ‘her’ train. Every morning (and sometimes evening), for the past 3 years. Though they’re never spoken, Nikki knew he was sweet, gentle and kind of shy. He had short, blonde hair, bright green eyes, was about 5’10" and had the sweetest smile ever. The most gorgeous thing she’d ever laid eyes on.


*~*

Just a minute longer
Than this
Just a little closer
Than this
I would get to know you
A little bit better
I could tell you
If only we had
Just a minute longer

*~*


Lance glanced over his shoulder as she walked opposite him. She had shoulder-length blonde hair, grey/blue eyes, and long legs. She caught his train into Manhattan every morning, and out on the 5:30 train. He knew she worked in a little store on 3rd avenue, a designer boutique that was apparently fabulous. He’d also found out that her name was Nikki Oatley. Nikki. Everytime he saw her that name would flash through his mind over and over, as if trying to memorise it. But why would he need help remembering a pretty name that belonged to a gorgeous girl?


*~*


They boarded their train and assumed their usual positions. Nikki standing by the right window, Lance by the left, both of them holding onto the closest seat. They pulled into a station and the train jolted forward, something that had never happened before. The impact caused Nikki to go flying into Lance’s arms, which immediately wrapped around her small waist.

"I’m sorry," Nikki blushed as she tried to regain her composure.

"That’s alright." Lance smiled a little, resulting in Nikki almost falling weak at the knees. He opened his mouth to speak again, but the train doors flew open at their stop, and Nikki rushed out and started her trek to work, while Lance strolled his way in the opposite direction.


*~*

A moment had arrived
It was just the right time
For conversation
And he asked me
What do you do?
What is your name?
Where are you from?
But before long
We're at the station

*~*


As she sat at her desk, Nikki cursed herself silently.

‘"I’m sorry?" Could that get any lamer?’ she asked herself as she tried to design a skirt for her new line. He concentration levels were at an all time low. She wished it was time to see him again, maybe they could actually get a full sentence out. She looked down at what she was drawing, "This would be so perfect for a fuckin’ Nun. Ugh! Why can’t he just let me concentrate?"


*~*

And I was so frustrated
In fact devastated.
I feel happy but sad
If only we had…

*~*


Lance sat in the studio, doodling and writing during his lunchbreak. While his friends, his workmates, talked and ate their lunch, he was lost in the memory of having Nikki in his arms.


I wonder
I wonder what you think about
do you think about me?
Maybe I'm a dreamer
but I just believe
and I know what I see.
Forever wishing
there would be another day.
Oh if only we had
I don't care happy or sad
Just a minute longer. Than this
Just a little closer. Than this
I would get to know you
A little bit better
I could tell you
If only we had
Just a minute longer


"Whatcha writin Lancie boy?" Joey asked as he passed his friend.

"Song." He answered simply.

"’Bout who?" Justin chipped in.

"Nikki."

"Nikki Who?" Josh asked.

"Oatley."

"Who?" They all asked in unison.

"Gorgeous chick on the train."

"Ooh, lemme read." Justin insisted and held his arms out for Lance’s notebook. Lance passed it over and Justin read through his little verse. He then handed the notebook to Joey, and they passed it around the group until Josh gave it his seal of approval.

"I like it. And you like her."

"Yeah.." he yawned as his voice trailed off.

"What does she do?"

"Fashion designer, on 3rd."

"Oh, I know that place."

"Cool."

"So…?" Justin frowned a little

"So what?"

"So, when are you gonna ask her out?"

"How can I ask her out J? She doesn’t even know my name."

"Then tell her your name," Joey shrugged

"It’s not that simple Joe, she may have a boyfriend, then I’d look like such an ass."

"So tomorrow, walk along side her and just say ‘Hey, I’m Lance, Here’s An Idea, Let’s Turn Around And Go Back To My Place, Where I’ll Fuck You Senseless’, how’s that?" Chris laughed, leaning back in his chair.

"Ha, ha, ha, Chris. I’m not that much of a freak."

"Yes you are, but I don’t think you should say that." Josh advised.

"Who says I’m even confronting her!?"

"Us." All four of his friends said in unison.

"I’m sure I will guys."

"If you don’t, we’ll personally go down to her store and tell her that you’re a psycho nymphomaniac that likes her and that if she doesn’t let you bone her that you’ll kill her." Joey decided, immediately getting agreement from Justin, Josh, and Chris.

"No! Don’t Joey!"

"Then confront her."

"I’m not su--"

"Yes you are. Go on Lance, you’re attracted to her, it’s worth a try. At least you’d be able to hold a conversation with her." Justin offered "Fine whatever. See you tomorrow" Lance stood up and left for his train, knowing Nikki caught the 5:30 subway too.


~*~

Just a little bit Longer
Than this (A little bit)
Just a little closer (just a little bit longer)
Than this
I would get to know you
A little bit better
I could tell you
If only we had
Just a minute longer

~*~


Nikki woke in the morning with her mind made up; she would talk to him on the train that day. She’d say ‘hey’ and ‘what do you do?’ and all those kind of small talk questions. And she wouldn’t trip over her words. She made a special effort to look good that morning. She wore her nicest jeans, a fitted black, off-the-shoulder sweater, her pointy-toed, almost-stiletto boots and styled her hair in wavvy, romantic curls. Even she had to admit she looked nice.

"Here I go," she said, taking a deep breath and locked her door as she walked out of it.

Nikki was shocked, to say the least, when she saw him waiting for something, on her side of the road. For a moment she let her imagination run off and she pictured him waiting for her. Grow Up Nikki, she told herself.

"Hi, I’m Lance…Bass." He smiled as she approached.

"H-hi, Nikki, Oatley." Argh! He’s talking to me. The most gorgeous man in the world is talking to me. Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god.

"Would you let me walk you to our train, Nikki?"

"Sure"

"Would you let me do one other thing?"

"Um, alright." Without telling her what he wanted to do, he leaned down and kissed her, thanking god that he didn’t have to wait any longer.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki