The Other Woman by MrsKateChasez


Number of reviews: 57
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Sixteen: Head Over Feet


After hearing him tell her he loved her, Blair invited Justin inside but told him to wait at the door. She went into the bathroom and grabbed a couple towels for him to dry off with, after all she didn’t want him dripping water though her house. Justin, after receiving the towels, decided that he might as well just take his shirt off. After removing his socks and shoes, and his shirt, he proceeded into the house and stopped at the kitchen table. He sat down and waited for Blair to say something.

Blair stood quite a distance away from him with her hands on her hips. She didn’t even know where to begin or what to say. There was no doubt that she was still upset for what he missed.

“Please say something, Blair,” Justin said.

Blair didn’t say anything right away. “Just because you told me you love me doesn’t mean that you’re off the hook for missing that appointment.”

Justin looked to the floor. “I know.”

“You promised me, Justin,” Blair said, sitting down in a chair and scooted it so she was in front of him, sitting face-to-face. “You promised me you would be there.”

“I tried, Blair,” Justin said. “Really, I did.”

“Obviously you didn’t try hard enough,” she said coldly. “Because when I got to your house I saw you sucking face with another woman.”

“That was my ex-girlfriend…” Justin said, not really knowing where he was going with that.

“That’s supposed to make me feel better about the fact that you missed the appointment that told us whether we’re having a boy or a girl?” Blair asked. “Wow, she must be really special.” Blair rolled her eyes and shook her head. She stood from her chair and started for the kitchen.

Justin grabbed her wrist to stop her. “Listen, I said I was sorry,” he said.

“I know, and I heard you,” Blair said, sitting back down and leaning towards him. “I can deal with you being conceited and egotistical, I can deal with you being a workaholic, but I cannot deal with you being a liar.”

“I never lied to you.”

“Oh, going back on a promise doesn’t make you a liar?” she asked him sarcastically, leaning back in her chair and throwing her arms in the air. “Silly me, I thought wrong.”

She had a point. Justin licked his lips and scratched his neck. Okay, so he really was scum, and perhaps telling her he loved her was a mistake…. He just couldn’t help it. He had been right about it all along, and after seeing Angela again he knew that it was Blair in his heart. Somehow, she had snuggled her way into his life and made him fall in love with her. The lucky thing about it, though, was that every time he saw her, he felt as though he were falling all over again. He loved her sparkly blue eyes and her bright blonde hair that shined perfectly when light touched it. He liked the way her bangs hung in her face and the way she pushed them out of her eyes. He liked the way she touched his foot when they slept. He liked the way her hand fit in his, and the way just having her in his house made coming home that much better.

“What’s that face for?” Blair asked, interrupting Justin’s thoughts. “Why are you looking at me like that? I’m sitting here insulting you and you’re there making googley eyes at me.”

“I was wondering if telling you I loved you was a mistake,” Justin told her. He was okay with honesty, now it was her turn to come to terms with honesty.

Blair licked her lips and looked away from him. “And what conclusions have you made?”

“Well,” Justin said, taking a deep breath, “I haven’t decided. What do you think?”

Hearing Justin tell her he loved her was something she didn’t want to hear, especially when she was so mad at him. As much as she thought she loved him, she wasn’t ready to hear those words. She wanted to wait longer before hearing the three words she had been thinking about very carefully for the past few days. She thought she loved him too, in spite of herself.

“I don’t know,” she shrugged.

They were silent for a while. They needed time to think. Blair had a million things rushing through her head. Did she love him? Why? What about him was so damn appealing? What about him took her heart prisoner and made her a fool for him? Justin still wasn’t sure if he had made a mistake.

“The yellow folder’s in my car,” he said, breaking the silence.

“Did you look inside of it?”

“Yeah,” Justin nodded. “I saw the pictures.”

“It’s a girl,” Blair said quietly, looking into Justin’s eyes. “We’re gonna have a girl.”

Justin couldn’t hide his smile, which only made Blair smile too. “As long as she’s healthy,” they said together, then laughed at themselves.

There was another silence. This time, the silence lasted longer. Blair couldn’t bring herself to words. She was having a hard time fitting them together. She never had been good at puzzles. Blair raised her eyebrows at Justin, who was just staring at her. He blinked and looked away from her and started to pick at his fingernails.

“You didn’t make a mistake,” Blair said, grabbing Justin’s attention again. “But I’m still mad at you. It’s all your fault that I can sit here and feel myself hating you for lying to me and then feel myself falling for you all over again at the same time. I…” she stumbled and took a breath, trying to clear her head. “You’ve made me a fool for you and, in spite of myself, I like it. I love how you make me feel, and that includes making me not feel stupid when I sit here and stumble over my words as I fall head over feet in love with you.” Blair took a deep breath, making sure to avoid Justin’s eyes. “This is totally hypocritical of me, but--”

Justin wrapped his arms around her, and before she could protest or finish her phrase, he had pressed his lips to hers. Everything was out in the open.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki