The Other Woman by MrsKateChasez


Number of reviews: 57
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Twenty: White Wedding


They all sat in white chairs on bright green grass. The short aisle was already lined with red rose petals as Brianna, their four-year-old daughter, walked poised, scattering pink ones amongst the red. With a big smile, she waved to her father and uncle standing at the end of the aisle at the make-shift alter. Kelly’s sister proceeded down the aisle after Brianna in a strapless red gown. They all stood as Kelly glided down the aisle in a simple yet elegant gown to join Joey. She smiled brightly as her husband-to-be beamed back at her.

Blair took notice of Caitlin smiling widely at Chris as Kelly passed them. She also noted the fact that at that moment, they had joined hands. Blair’s eyes wandered through the crowd of people as Joey and Kelly exchanged vows, taking in all of the romance that hung around them. She could practically see little red hearts floating around everyone. Everyone except she and Justin. To say the least, he was upset. Angry even. Hurt perhaps? She couldn’t read him at the moment. It was as if he had turned off his emotions and/or cut her off from being able to read him. Perhaps it was the fact that he refused to look her in the eyes, fearing that she might be able to peer into his soul and see how hurt he was.

Anna caught Blair looking at she and JC. She didn’t do anything but smile, forcing Blair to smile back and quickly look back at Joey and Kelly. They had just finished their vows. They were about to be declared husband and wife, yada yada yada. Blair had been to her share of weddings.

“Uncle Justin,” Brianna squealed as she clung to his leg. “Did you see me?”

“Of course I did, baby,” he smiled and bent down to look at her. She threw her arms around his neck and squealed in delight once again.

Blair turned her attention from watching other guests to Justin and the small child clinging to him. From her seat next to Anna, she could see him from across the room.

“Did I look so pretty?” Brianna asked as she stared at him adoringly while she fidgeted with the hem of her dress.

“Don’t tell anyone I said this but,” Justin smiled and leaned in to tell her a secret, “You looked prettier than your mommy.”

Brianna’s eyes widened as her smile gleamed even more. “Really?”

“Would I lie to you?” Justin raised his eyebrows in question.

Brianna shook her head. “I won’t tell anyone,” she made a motion of zipping her lips closed and throwing away the key.

JC approached the child and Justin, who were near the dance floor. Justin had been heading for the patio by the pool to get some fresh air. Although they were outside and under a large tent which was decorated beautifully, he needed some space as well as air that no one else was breathing. He needed to get away from Blair for two seconds. He hadn’t slept well the previous night due to the fact that Blair had decided they were over, so he had been downgraded to the couch-bed in the living room space of the suite. Besides the fact that his bed didn’t feel good, his thoughts were littered with questions of why she was doing what she was doing.

“Hey, Bri,” JC smiled.

“Hi, JC,” Brianna hugged him too. “Justin said that I was prettier than Mommy today,” she confessed and quickly covered her mouth in disbelief that she had told the secret. Justin gave her a look of shock as well.

“That was our secret, Bri,” Justin pretended to scold.

“I didn’t mean to!”

JC leaned down to whisper to the little girl, “He’s right. You were so pretty today.”

Just then, Joey motioned for Brianna to join him and Kelly where they were standing. Apparently, Joey’s mother wanted a picture of the three of them. Justin told Brianna to go see her parents and that he would talk to her later. Brianna smiled and nodded excitedly before she waved and scampered across the room back to her parents.

“Gonna tell me what you’re chewing on?” JC asked, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Justin looked up at his friend after staring at the floor for a moment. He scratched his head and sighed. “Let’s go over there, alright?”

“Yeah, okay,” JC nodded and followed Justin out from under the tent and to the pool. “So what’s going on?”

Justin sat down on one of the chaise lounges and rested his head on the palms of his hands. “Blair,” was all he said, as if that was enough.

JC sat down on the chaise lounge next to him so he was facing his friend. “You’re gonna have to give me more than that.”

“We broke up,” Justin said sadly.

JC’s eyebrows furrowed as he tried to think of something to say. “That sucks, man,” was all he came up with. Good thing he was so tactful.

Justin looked at his friend with questioning eyes after hearing his words of condolences. “Yeah, thanks,” he couldn’t help but laugh.

“You guys just broke up?” JC asked, clearly confused.

“Yeah,” Justin shook his head. “She’s been acting weird for a while and last night…” he paused, “Last night she just ended it. She just said she wanted to break up.”

JC didn’t say anything.

“I love her, you know,” Justin said quietly. “Like his-and-her towels. Like I wanna be with her forever.”

“J, man, you barely know her,” JC reasoned. “You’ve been together for what, three months?”

Justin looked at JC again and stood up. He began to pace along the side of the vacant pool. He glanced over to the dimly lit tent and saw people talking and laughing. His eyes followed the crowd of people to Joey and Kelly, who were smiling happily as Joey wrapped his arm around Kelly’s shoulders. They were happy. He wanted that.

“That’s a little rushed, J. That’s all I’m sayin’.”

“Rushed?” Justin asked. “That’s what we do. Blair and I aren’t exactly traditional. We don’t have a ‘normal’ relationship.” Justin shook his head. “I’m not you, C. I love her and I know that she’s what I want for forever. I know it now and… I don’t need to be with her for five years before I ask her to be mine. What about you, C? What about Anna?”

“What about her?”

“You love her,” he said simply.

JC nodded slowly. “Yeah.”

“What’s holding you back?”

He couldn’t think of an answer.

“Forget it,” Justin said. He sat back down and put his head in his hands again. “It just sucks.”

“I know, man,” JC said, sitting down as well.

“No,” Justin said, shaking his head. “It sucks that I already bought a ring.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki