The Other Woman by MrsKateChasez


Number of reviews: 57
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Four: The Right Thing


Blair didn’t care if Justin decided to be a part of her life or her baby’s life. She didn’t need him. She could take care of herself as well as the little one. Heck, she’d babysat most of her life anyway. Her sisters had kids and she was their favorite aunt. This would be a piece of cake. Honestly, she always had been the independent one of her two sisters. It was ridiculous to think that she couldn’t do it. She would just have to do a little research, some homework if you will. She’d have to read some books about what to expect now that she was expecting. She would have to start to pay more attention to the money she saved so she would have enough to support the new addition. She would have to make sure she had enough money for diapers, clothes, food, a crib, basically everything baby.

Blair was scared. She was always so good at putting up the brave front, but deep down she was scared. She was scared to face the upcoming six months by herself. She didn’t know whether she truly wanted Justin to be part of their lives or if she didn’t. What was she trying to prove? Just because her parents were outraged by the fact that she was pregnant with a child whose father even she barely knew and she was still so young didn’t mean anything. Just because her parents weren’t really willing to help her didn’t mean she couldn’t do it. She could raise this baby by herself, really. She could.

What would a superstar want with an average twenty-four year old girl? A pregnant twenty-four year old girl? Just because he was the one who made her pregnant didn’t mean he’d do the right thing and help her through this emotional roller coaster. Blair was already beginning to feel the effects of the hormones in her body not to mention the pain in her back. She could use someone offering to get her a heating pad to put on it. She could also use someone offering her comforting words while she went through the change in hormones. She was not a fan of crying out of nowhere or puking in the morning when she woke up. She hated the morning sickness… and the heartburn.

It was then that Blair decided she did want Justin to be a part of her baby’s life. It wasn’t fair for a child not to have a father. This baby deserved two parents who loved him or her. Just because she wanted Justin to be a part in the pregnancy didn’t mean she would change who she was. She would still remain strong and independent. She wasn’t going to let him come in and change everything just because he was Justin-freaking-Timberlake. She wasn’t going to let him offer her money to make him less embarrassed. She would be no one’s pity project.

Blair sighed as she sat down on the couch. She tossed her cell phone on the cushion next to her and flipped on the television. Of course, just as she was beginning to finally feel comfortable, her phone rang. She checked out the caller ID on her cell phone and saw it was Justin. She debated for a moment whether or not to answer it. She decided to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Blair, hey.” He sounded a bit distracted.

Blair muted the television without saying a word. She rested her free hand on her still small belly. She was somewhat excited to feel a real bump there.

“I’m sorry about earlier.”

“Oh,” she said, “That’s okay, I guess.”

“Listen, I don’t know what to do,” Justin fell down on the couch and rested his hand over his eyes. “I’m so overwhelmed and I don’t mean to sound like an asshole, but I’m-- I’m sinking in quicksand here.”

“I know,” she nodded. She really did remember that feeling. It had sort of come back after telling him. “But it’ll get better, I promise. You listen to me. I’m just as confused and overwhelmed as you are, so we’re stuck in the same boat.”

“My girlfriend left me.”

Blair really did feel bad about that.

“I’m having a hard time, Blair, dealing with all of this. I have no idea what I’m doing.”

“And I do?” she asked, “Justin, I’m the one who’s pregnant. I’m the one who has another human being living inside of me. Like that isn’t strange? I feel sick from the moment I wake up to the time I fall asleep. It comes and goes and I have to deal with that every day. I have to eat for not just one but two people. I’ve got to make sure I’ve got the right amount of vitamins and nutrients in my body so this baby doesn’t die. I’m the one who bursts into tears because I’ve squished a spider on the sidewalk. I’m the one who’s back hurts like hell. I’m the one who’s doing this by herself.”

“I wanna do the right thing, Blair.”

“What is the right thing, Justin?”

Justin shook his head. “I don’t know anymore,” he said softly. “Cheating on Angie sure wasn’t. Getting you pregnant sure wasn’t. Ditching my friends wasn’t. Treating people around me like shit wasn’t.”

“Then I don’t know what to tell you.”

“Do you want me to help you?”

“What?”

“Do you want me to help you,” he repeated. When she didn’t say anything, he tried to elaborate. “Like help with the pregnant stuff. Like-- I don’t know. Just help.”

Here it goes. “Yes.” And then she started to cry.

Justin uncovered his eyes. “Whoa, why are you crying?”

“Hormones,” Blair cried, trying to dry her eyes on her hand.

“Are you okay?”

Blair sniffled and tried to calm herself down. “I’m… I’m fine,” she let out a loud sob.

“You’re not sounding okay, do you need anything?”

“I’m scared,” she continued to sob while trying to dry her eyes.

“Is there anything I can do for you?”

Blair just sat on the couch and sobbed for a couple minutes while Justin waited helplessly on the phone. He had never felt so helpless in his life. He didn’t even know where this woman lived. He didn’t even know her last name! If only he knew where she was, he’d be in his car on his way there.

“Will you come sit with me, Justin?” Blair asked softly as she continued to cry.

“Just give me your address.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki