Certain Circumstances by Dreamer


Number of reviews: 60
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 11

"Grandma, looks who back?" Maddy explained happily as she saw Justin walk towards in the park. "Hi Justin."

"Hey Maddy, how are you today?"

"I'm good. Just feeding ducks. You came back?"

"Well I just had so much fun with you two days ago, I wanted to do it again." She smiled brightly.

"C'mon," she grabbed his hand, "lets gets some food." Pulling him over to the bench where her grandma was seated.

"Well how nice of you to join us again Justin." She smiled politely.

"No problem, Maddy is just a bundle of fun."

"Guess what Justin?"

"What?"

"My mommy said she might come to feed the duckies today. You can meet her."

"That's great Maddy, what's her name?"

"Oh look a duck?" She pointed, getting completely distracted as a duck laned in the pond. "Let's go." She got up quickly running over to the end of the pond.

Her grandma just sat on the bench watching in amazement as Maddy got a long so great with this stranger. She had never seen Maddy act so openly with a man. She wasn't afraid of him, she like to spend time with him and was happy when he was around.

"Don't hit the duck." She heard Maddy giggled and wonder why she wasn't like this with Jonathan. He was her father, he raised her. Maddy came running towards her.

"More bread, they're hungry today." She exclaimed happily as she skipped towards her. Her grandma handed her a handful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosa rushed towards the park. She didn't have to be at work for another hour and was looking forward to spending some time with Maddy at the park. They used to do this all the time until she began working until 7 and was no longer around when she got home from school.

They would always walk and cut through the park so they could feed the ducks. Ducks were always there as if they had figured out somehow that they would get fed.

As she got closer to the bench, she saw Justin leaned over. She slowly stopped walking and as she took her last step, she stepped on a little branch. It broke, Justin looked up and saw her. He slowly stood, taking in her appearance of a rather sophisticated business woman, dressed in a woman suit, clad in white with black pin stripped. Her blazer ended right below her waist and the flowery material of her black shirt peaked through at her neck line. Her hair was lightly waved and it appeared she had no makeup on except for masscra and lip gloss.

"Hey." He said softly as he approached her. She was still stunned to silence that Justin was here, and her daughter was very close.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, fearing Maddy would jump out and she would lose him forever. But she never had him. She was married. She intended to stay married.

"Feeding ducks." He grinned and her heart lightened against him. "I met the most adorable girl the other day and her and her grandma feed the ducks so I've been joining them."

"Wh-What?" She stuttered. "A gi-girl and her gr-grandma?"

"Ya, she's the cutest thing. You'd love her. Come I'll introduce you." He took her hand and slowly began pulling her. But she resisted.

"No. I can't." She yanked her hand away.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, the concern evident in his voice.

"I have to tell you. You'll hate me, I guareentee it but you must know."

"Know what? The reason we can't be together?" He asked urgently. She nodded. "Well listening."

"Justin, that little girl....she's....she's....." Rosa and Jsutin both looked at Maddy as she shouted.

"Mommy." And ran up to Rosa. Instantly Rosa bent low and hugged her.

"What?" The shock hadn't disappeared yet. "I don't understand."

"Justin this is my mommy." He looked down at Maddy smiling face, up to Rosa guilty face.

"She....is she adopted?" She took a moment to answer but by then he had figured it out.

"No." She whispered. "That's not it."

"What else can there be?" He asked fiercely, praying to GOd that this could not be her own daaughter that she had produced with another man.

"Hunny, go sit with Grandma Louisa, okay?" Maddy nodded, then skipped over to her grandma.

"Grandma? I thought your mom lived in England."

"She does." Rosa answered quietly. "I'm...i'm married." She finally said looking away from him.

"You're what?" He yelled. She held up her left hand reveiling an engagement and a wedding ring. "How? I...I can't believe this. How could you do this?" He spoke but seemed as if he was just trying to get things out, not specically speaking to her.

"I'm sorry." He bagan walking away as she followed him.

"Get away from me." He growled but she couldn't.

"I can't....I'm so sorry. Let me explain." She begged.

"Explain?" He shouted. "How could you just lead me on? You're married? Married!" He emphasised the word. He turned around quickly almost ramming in to her. "And you have a six year old daughter!"

"I'm sorry. It was an accident."

"Accident? You knew I had feelings for you and you couldn't even have the decenticy to tell me. You're married with a kid."

"I didn't want to lose what we had."

"What did we have?" He barked back. "A relationship? No, less than that. A friendship? No, more than that. Please explain to me what the fuck did we have?"

"A connection, please listen to me." She reached out to grasp his arm but he pulled away.

"An affair? I think that's what most people would call it." Tears filled her eyes.

"Please. You don't understand." But he couldn't understand, he was just so mad at her for keeping this a secret. For allowing him to keep persisting on a relationship when she was already in a marriage.

"How long have you been married Rosa?" His voice cold but still so full of anger.

"Almost 7 years." She said brokenly, as tears escaped her eyes. The only person she had even to form a connection, a bond and feelings for was walking out on her. Though she understood she just couldn't let him leave.

"You're disgusting. My sympathies to your daughter." He remarked before he strode off. Her legs buckled and she quickly made her way to the bench before she collasped.

But once she sat, tears poured out of her body. Why had he life had to be so complicated? Maddy had definitely been the light of her life? But why was she in this marriage? She had felt things for Justin, things she had never felt with Joanthan.

Why did he have to leave? She needed to explain how Jonathan treated her....maybe he would have helped her out.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki