Certain Circumstances by Dreamer


Number of reviews: 60
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 24

“Madaline, get down here this instant. We have to leave.” She rushed into her room trying to get her bracelet on. She had been so busy getting Maddy and herself ready for this wedding; she hadn’t even seen Justin all morning. He better be ready or else she’d kill him. She looked herself over in the mirror again. Her curls were still nicely in place, her face flushed from rushing, the dress was a beautiful royal blue dress, which clung to her curves and stopped at her knee. Her eyes focused on her bare throat. A necklace!

She rushed over to her jewellery box and looked through, skimming for something silver, why did she only bring gold? Oh God, she wasn’t going to go to this wedding.

“Knock, knock.” Justin called out, and her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him in a dark grey suit, a white dress shirt loosely tucked into his pants. He looked good enough to eat at the moment. She completely forgot what she needed. His hair was gelled nicely, and his smile prepared to make the bride decide to leave her groom.

“Wow.” He whispered, breaking her from her tranz. He truly looked as if he were admiring her beauty. “You look stunning.” She turned around, blushing like a school girl. God, why was she acting like she was 14? She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and remembered what she was looking for….a necklace.

“Thank you but I am in dyer need of a necklace. I can’t believe I only brought gold. What was I thinking?” Her hands scrambled through her jewellery box, still trying to find anything silver.

“I noticed you only brought gold.”

“I’m such a fool. I can not have a bare neck; this neckline is too deep to go bare.”

“Well I also took the initiative to get you a piece of jewellery that would match your beautiful dress.” She was so caught up in finding a necklace, his words didn’t really register with her and she didn’t even realize the jewellery box he was nearly holding in front of her face. “Rosa.” He called her name firmly. That caught her attention; she stopped and stared at the box.

“What is that?” She wondered.

“A gift. Open it.” He held it out to her and she carefully opened the box, her breath getting caught in her throat. Her hands lightly grazed the beautiful diamonds, on a silver chain, with a pair of dangly silver earrings.

“No Justin, I couldn’t.” She lightly pushed the box towards his chest. “It must have been terribly expensive; I can’t let you do that.”

“Well then it’s a good thing your not letting me, because I’m letting me. It’s a gift Rosa, and I’d be offended if you didn’t take it.” She turned around, standing a foot away from his chest, starring up at his face.

“But Justin, you’ve already done so much for me…too much in my opinion. I conscience simply wouldn’t rest if I accepted this gift from you.” She argued, but by the look in his eyes she knew she was about to lose this discussion.

“Rosa, I feel you have done so much for me…too much if you ask me. Now,” he removed the necklace from the case, tuned her so she could look in the mirror and placed it around her neck, “you need a necklace and this isn’t returnable.” She opened her mouth to argue that fib but he stopped her. “And it just happens to look breath taking on you. This necklace and you eyes are a deadly combination; I don’t believe anyone will be watching the bride today.” A flush rose to her cheeks.

“Justin, stop. I’m blushing. All this flattery is meshing with my dress.”

“So you’ll accept it?” He asked with a grin.

“I do.” She whispered, feeling slightly odd saying those two words to him. “Accept this necklace from you.” She hurriedly added.

“Okay, let’s get Maddy and head over to the church before we’ll late.” They didn’t have to find her, she ran into the room excited to have her.

“Justin, look at my pretty dress.” She was dressed in a light pink dress but he didn’t have time so notice as she ran into his arms. He instantly picked her up and she giggled. She lightly swatted at his nose then laughed. Rosa watched her daughter interact with Justin and was simply blown away, the connection they had. The way he had won over her daughter so easily. Why couldn’t she have had a child with a man like Justin? A man that would appreciate her and her daughter? Maybe she and Justin could try and be something more than what they were now, but if it didn’t work out she would never forgive herself if it didn’t work and their friendship ended. Maddy would also never forgive her and how crushed Maddy would be.

“Juju you look so handsome, like my Ken doll. Mommy doesn’t Justin look handsome?” Rosa shook her head and smiled at her daughter.

“Yes he does. He looks very handsome sweetie.”

“Ohhh mommy.” Maddy slowly reached over to lightly touch Rosa’s necklace. “It’s so glittery mommy. I like it.”

“Justin bought it for mommy.”

“Didn’t mommy thank you Juju?” He paused for a minute, thinking.

“Actually I don’t think she did.” Justin teased.

“Mommy.” Maddy gasped.

“I know Maddy, wasn’t that rude of mommy?” Justin smiled, looking at Rosa who had crossed her arms across her chest, a sly grin on her face.

“Very rude.” Maddy agreed. “What can she do?”

“I don’t know Maddy. What do you think your mommy should do to say thank you?” Rosa raised an eyebrow at Justin as Maddy placed her index finger on her chin concentrating hard. She raised her hand in the air.

“I got it.” She exclaimed.

“What is this brilliant idea?” Justin asked. Maddy slightly blushed and then leaned in and whispered it in Justin ear. His eyes widened a bit but he smiled. “I think you might have to tell your mommy that idea.” Justin brought her closer to Rosa and Maddy leaned in and whispered her idea in Rosa’s ear.

“A kiss? Maddy!” Rosa said surprised.

“I think it’s the only way mommy.” She said, an innocent looked remained on her face but Rosa knew her daughter was trying to play cupid. No more watching Sailor Moon for her. Serena and Darien would influencing her too much. Rosa was about to refuse when Justin spoke.

“It’s simply the only way Rosa. There’s no other possibility.” He smirked.

“Yes I agree.” Maddy nodded her head.

“Fine.” Rosa threw her hands up in the air in defeat. “If it is the only way, I guess we must.” Maddy giggled, as Rosa placed her hand on Justin’s neck and the two kissed quickly and innocently. “Pleased Maddy?”

“Yes.” She giggled.

“Now we must get going. Is Justin going to have to carry you the entire time or are you capable of walking?”

“I can walk.” She declared, as Justin placed her back on the grabbed. She playfully tapped her small heels on the ground before linking her right hand through Rosa’s and her left hand through Justin’s.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki