Certain Circumstances by Dreamer


Number of reviews: 60
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 5

“Oh, wow, did you see that one?” She pointed far into the distance. He laughed.

“Rosa, every time lightening strikes I don’t close my eyes, I do see it, you don’t have to ask every time.” She smiled.

“I’m just making sure.” She defended. They sat on a bench on the balcony connecting to his room. She was curled up into a ball nestled into his chest with his arm around her. “Aren’t they just so fascinating to watch?”

“Ya, they are pretty cool, I never really pay attention to storms or rain for the matter. I just stay inside.”

“I love rain. Well I love nature and storms just have so much power and force, they intrigue me.” Thunder sounded throughout the entire sky. “Whoa, that was the loudest one yet.”

“Do you think its getting worse?”

“Possibly but it won’t be too bad.”

“How do you know? Are you mother nature?” He asked smiling.

“Maybe but really, when I was younger I was told that after lighting strikes count the seconds until you hear thunder and that’s how many miles the storm is away. My father told me that. We would always watch the storms together.”

“Well doesn’t it rain a lot in England?” She nodded her head no. “It doesn’t? Really? I thought it rained everyday.”

“No that’s a big miss conception people have about England. We did get nice weather. We never got any burning hot days like in Orlando but it was nice.”

“I’ve been to London a few times, but I didn’t get much time to roam the city.”

“Why didn’t you roam? It’s a very beautiful place; I go once a year for 6 weeks.”

“Um well when I went I was very busy, I uh just didn’t have time.” He explained quickly.

“I understand, work related issues?” Justin nodded. “Ya I know what you mean, I was in Vancouver just last month and my schedule was so packed the only thing I toured was the airport.” Justin laughed. “I’m going to travel the world someday. Maybe when I’m 30 or so. I want to see everything, go everywhere. China, Italy, Portugal, Spain, France, Scotland, Poland, Croatia, Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, Russia, Argentina, Cuba, Peru, and even Iraq.”

“That’s a long list.”

“And there’s so much more, I can just imagine all the beautiful things I will be seeing.” She smiled brightly.

“But come on Iraq? Even with everything that’s happened with them and the US?”

“Yes, I don’t really think Bush should have gone to war especially since it accomplished nothing at all.”

“Saddam Hussein is dead.”

“So they think. They don’t really know if he is and they don’t know if he isn’t. It’s all so political. It was Bushes war against Saddam, America should have fought it and not involve any other countries.”

“But with other countries involved, it’s like a guarantied win and it’s much faster.”

“But what did the US do when the world needed their help? US didn’t join World War 1 until a ship full of American civilians was sunk and they didn’t join World War 2 until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. They didn’t care that the world needed help; they watched their back and their back alone. No one else was involved; Bush should have left them all alone.”

“Okay, okay point taken. I never looked at it from that point of view.”

“I just thought about it a lot. So it seems the storm cleared up.” She pointed out, watching as the sun came out behind the clouds.

“Ya.” He yawned and stretched out his arms.

“So…” She began.

“So what would you like to do now?”

“Um…” She looked down at her watch, “Oh wow it’s almost eleven. I’m sorry but I really need to get going.” She took the blanket off her and stood up and stretched. Justin did the same.

“Okay.” He agreed. “I’ll drive you home.”

~~~~~

“Oh, don’t even bother going into the drive way.” She said and Justin stopped the car.

“So Rosa, I had a really good time today.” He said turning to face her.

“As did I.” She agreed, unbuckling her seat belt.

“And maybe I could call you and we could hang out again … as friends?” He asked.

“I’d really enjoy that.” She opened her purse and scribbled down her number. “Here, it’s my cell number; you can always reach me there.” She handed it to him.

“Thanks, so bye.” She opened the car door.

“Bye Justin.” She closed it quietly and walked up to the door, waving one last time before entering.

“Louisa you’re still here?” Rosa asked, surprised to see her sitting in the living room.

“Yes my dear, Jonathan said he was going to work very late tonight.”

“You should have called me, I would have come home.”

“No, don’t worry sweetie, I did not mind in the least.”

“How was she?” Rosa asked looking around.

“An angel, but she’s still awake. She just can’t seem to sleep.”

“Would you like a ride home or you could stay the night, I don’t mind.”

“No hunny, Gerald is coming to get me any minute.” Rosa nodded. She heard a soft knock on the door and Gerald walked in.

“Hello Gerald, how are you?” Rosa asked, kissing the old man on the cheek.

“Very well, I’m here looking for my wife.” Rosa smiled.

“I’m right here Gerald.” She walked into the hallway and turned towards Rosa. “He acts as if I’ve left him or something.” Rosa laughed and watched the two walk out.

“Drive safe.” She reminded them. She heard quick foot steps coming down the stairs and turned just in time as two little arms flew around her.

“Mommy.” She cheered.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki