Certain Circumstances by Dreamer


Number of reviews: 60
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 8

“Wow, this place is absolutely gorgeous.” Rosa looked out over the scenery. She was standing on a hill, with Justin just behind her overlooking the beautiful beach. “I didn’t even know people were allowed to come and walk over here.”

“They weren’t.” He placed his chin on her shoulder. “Until about a year ago. This couple wanted to get married here and they protested until they got it and now it’s open. But no animals are allowed and they are huge fees for littering and stuff. Not many people come.” She smiled and rested her head on Justin’s.

“What a beautiful place to get married. I’m glad that couple got their dream wedding.” Justin sensed regret in her voice but he wasn’t too sure.

“So what’s your dream wedding?”

“My dream wedding? Hmmm…just family and friends, nice, and intimate. Doesn’t have too big, I’d prefer a smaller one, in a church that is secluded, maybe one out in a little town and lilacs would be everywhere. In my hair, on my dress, bridesmaid, decorations, center pieces but its only a dream.”

“Still it sounds beautiful and I think one day you’ll have your wedding.” He tried reassuring her, after bringing up her dream wedding her mood went to the sad side.

“What about you? What’d your wedding be like?”

“All I need is my mom, dad and a few of my closest friends and I could do it. Nothing big. I never wanted a big wedding. But family, friends and a bride and I’d be happy.”

“A bride? Are you sure there has to be one at a wedding?” She joked.

“Rosalina, are you joking with me?” He asked sarcastically.

“I think I am.” She laughed.

“Good, I like seeing you smile.” She turned her face to look at him and nearly kissed him. She forgot that his head was resting on her shoulder.

“You’re a very sweet man Justin.” She said and smiled as she watched a light blush creep up on his cheeks. “Awww that’s adorable.” She lightly pushed him away.

“Stop or else we won’t see anymore of the beach.” He warned, holding out his hand for her.

“Lips are sealed.” She even locked them and took Justin’s hand. He held her hand tightly as they walked down the beach. He explained some facts of history little tales and legends about the beach as they passed certain places. They only saw two other people on the beach. An old elder couple.

“You see them, they walk along this beach everyday after they’ve had lunch. In the late teens a bunch of teenagers would come here to party and that’s how they met. It’s like reliving their younger years.” Her eyes soften watching the older couple. The woman had a circle shaped object in her hand.

“What is she holding? Do you know?” Rosa wondered, trying to look closer.

“It’s a rock. She collected rocks all her life and he picked one out and worked on it for months until dented into it was ‘down by the beach’.”

“That’s so beautiful, how do you know all this?” Justin pulled her a little closer.

“One day like 10 months ago I was just walking here and saw them. They were sitting along the shore and then left and I noticed she left something behind.” Rosa gasped and covered her mouth.

“Her rock?”

“Yep so I picked it up and returned then they told me the story about how they met and stuff. I don’t know anyone else who been together and still loves each other as much as them.”

“How long has it been?”

“Almost 75 years. Since they were 15.”

“My God, a lifetime. I wish I …” She drifted off watching them hold hands walking down the beach.

“The local newspaper is going to do an article on them when they hit 75 years. It’s just a couple more months.”

“That’s a very rare kind of thing to find. Now divorce is growing and people average 2 to 3 weddings their whole life. And fatherlessness is a growing problem. Relationships are very complicated things.” She whispered, Justin wasn’t sure if she was just talking to herself or if she was actually speaking to him.

“Is that why you don’t want to start a relationship with me because you think they are too complicated?” He asked softly. “Because inside of me I feel it and I know you feel it to.”

“I do feel it.” She admitted. “But I can’t.”

“Why not Rosa? I’ve known you a week and I’ve developed a connection with you that I haven’t felt from anybody.”

“Is it because I’m English?” She tried to joke but it didn’t work.

“Rosa, why are you fighting this? Just let it be, let us be.”

“I can’t.” She whispered fiercely.

“Why not?”

“Because um due to … uh certain … circumstances. I can’t because of certain circumstances.”

“What certain circumstances? Just tell me.”

“I can’t Justin. Please we can’t push this. I even told you in the beginning it had to be friends.”

“But I can’t. I know we all have our secrets but as our relationship progresses we’ll let those out.”

“You’ll hate me.”

“I won’t, look one thing I’ve been keeping from you is my occupation and I’ll tell you right now. I’m a singer in a very popular boyband.”

“You sing?”

“Yes.”

“In a boyband?”

“Yes.”

“I would never have imagined. Whoa.” Justin smiled as she looked totally surprised. “But doesn’t that mean you travel lots and you’ll never be around?”

“If we will want to be together I can arrange to have us see each other, we won’t need to worry about but Rosa please I have to know why you don’t want to be with me.”

“If I tell you, you’ll become extremely upset with me and never wish to see me again. So as long as we don’t have a relationship, I don’t really see the need to tell you. So unless you wish to hate me, friendship is all we can have.”

“Fine, I’ll let it go. It’s obvious that you don’t want to be with me. It’s like your married or something.” He mumbled looking at the ground. It’s a good thing too or he would have seen the way her face paled.

“Justin please don’t think of it that way. I do feel it too I just can’t act on it. So lets enjoy the rest of this friend thing.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki