Certain Circumstances by Dreamer


Number of reviews: 60
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 9

"Grandma, look who it is?" Maddy said excitedly, pointing over to Justin who was walking through the park. She jogged over to him.

"Hey you." She said. "You remember me?" She asked, walking in front of him.

"Ya, Maddy right?"

"You remember, uh.....um....err.....Justin." She said happily.

"Aren't you suppose to be in school?"

"Ya, but teachers want money for more boards so I don't have to go. So me and my grandma come feed the ducks in the pond. Wanna help? Please?" She asked, pulling on his hand. She had a bit of an accent he noticed and she had the exact same smile as someone he knew, but he couldn't figure out who.

"Sure, I'll help."

"Yah."

Justin sat with the girl and her grandma for nearly an hour before all of them decided they had to leave. He was invited to join them tomorrow and he thought he might. It was really relaxing and he felt free. No one had noticed him, the girl and her grandma obivously didn't know or care who he was which made things great.

He hadn't just hung out at park in such a long time. But he kind of felt like a father sitting with a little girl and her grandma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where'd you go?" Jonathan asked angrily.

"I went to the office for a bit."

"Since when do you work from twelve to ten?"

"I didn't, I went out for lunch with a friend this morning. I was only at the office for about 5 hours. Is Maddy home yet?"

"Ya, she's been home for about three hours, and she driving me insane but I don't care about that. Who'd you go with?" He slurred a bit, appearing to be a bit drunk.

"Are you drunk Jonathan?"

"Drunk? Of course I'm not drunk, woman!" He shouted, getting up from his spot on the couch and walking over to her.

"I can smell the alcohol from here, Jonathan." She commented, watching as he slauntered over to her.

"Are you calling me a liar?" He shouted, waving his hands in the air and then she saw it, a bottle of scotch in his hand.

"Mommy, whats wrong?" Maddy asked, appearing at the bottom step.

"Nothing sweetie. Just go upstairs. I'll tuck you in and read you a book, okay?" She nodded, still not reassured, then looked at her father.

"What the hell are you looking at? Get your ass upstairs!" He shouted at her and she jogged up the stairs crying.

"Don't ever speak to her like that!" Rosa yelled at him. Before she even knew it, his hand came up and slapped her across the face. She was knocked back a few steps by the force. It took her a moment to register that he had just hit her.

"How'd you like that?" He gloated.

"You beast! You're a monster. Get out of the house."

"You're kicking me out? Ya right."

"Just leave."

"Fine, I know some girls that will love my company." He smirked, loving to get her mad.

"Then go. I don't care. Leave."

"I will."

And Rosa watched him walk out. She fell to the ground and began crying. Seconds later Maddy's arms were around her.

"It's okay mommy. I love you." Rosa grabbed Maddy and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you too sweetie."

"Did that man hurt you?" That man? When did Maddy refer to her father as that man?

"I'm alright sweetie."

"He hit you mommy. We learning at school that you're not allowed to ever hit anybody."

"That's true sweetie. Don't hit people."

"But what if he hits me?" Rosa starred at Maddy.

"No sweetie. Never. You hear me. He will never hurt you." They both turned to the door as someone knocked on it.

"Who could be?" Rosa wondered allowed. Did a neighbour hear them fight.

"Open up, it's the police."

"The police?" She repeated. "Maddy did you call the police?" She nodded her head no. Rosa released her daughter, and walked over to the door. She opened it and saw two female officers standing there.

"We got a call from neighbours, reporting a domestic disturbance."

"They were concerned."

"Oh I'm so sorry about that."

"Are you okay, miss?"

"Yes, really I'm fine."

"Is your husband home?"

"No he's out."

"Okay." She said, moments later.

"But if he does something to you, don't hesitate to call us, okay?"

"Oh don't worry about me, I'm fine." She smiled, hoping it didn't look too fake. She was pretty good at putting on an act. All the women at work thought she was so lucky to be married to a hunk like Jonathan and to have such a beautiful daughter. Rosa shut the door and walked to window watching the officers leave.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki