All of Me by riley


Number of reviews: 6
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The phone rang four times before Madison had answered it. “Hello?” She said, tiredly.

“Maddy, it’s Joel.” The voice said.

“Why are you calling so late?” She asked, sitting up in bed, glancing at the deep sleeper next to her.

“She called.” He said.

She was about to respond “who”, but then realized it could only be that one person. “Why?” She asked quietly, getting out of bed, walking into the bathroom, closing the door and turning the light on. “When did this happen?”

“She’s out, Maddy. She’s clean.”

“She says a lot of things, Joel. She isn’t clean.”

Madison heard him sigh, “Maddy, she wants to see us.”

“No.”

“Maddy-”

“Joel, listen to me. Our mother did fifteen years in prison! And then she’s been in rehab up until god knows when. She’s a liar, and a fucking drug addict.”

“She’s our mother.” He said.

“Joel, she stopped being our mother a long time ago. How could you even think twice about this? She’s a mess.”

“She made a mistake, Maddy. A lot of them, you’re right. But she told she has a job, and a place of her own.”

Madison rolled her eyes, “Joel, you’re too smart to be listening to her.”

“I sent her pictures of your wedding.” He admitted.

“Joel! Why would you do that?”

“She has the right to see your god damn picture, Maddy. She’s been through just as much as we have.” He said.

“Don’t even say that Joel.”

“Its true. She was sick, Maddy, it wasn’t her fault.”

She leaned against the wall, “being sick wasn’t her fault. It was starting with all that shit in the first place. My life now doesn’t and will not revolve around her, ever again. I’m tired now. I’m going back to bed.” She said, hanging up the phone.

She stepped out of the bathroom, and crawled back into bed, placing the phone back on its cradle. She cuddled up next to Justin, laying her head on his chest, and he stirred. “Who was that?” He asked, half asleep.

“Just Joel.” She said, “girl troubles. Go back to sleep.”

“Love you.” He muttered.

“I love you too.” She whispered.

Ever since she met Justin, she had never wanted her past to interfere with their relationship. The fact was, she grew up in a one bedroom apartment with her mother and brother, her father leaving when she was two. Celeste, her mother, had gotten involved with the wrong people at the wrong time. Raising two kids quickly dropped on her ‘things to-do’ list, and drugs and different men became rather high.

Joel and Madison were shoveled through foster homes when their mother was arrested for cocaine possession, and child mistreatment. It wasn’t until Madison had turned sixteen when she went to live with her father’s brother, Jake. Two years later, she was accepted into NYU.

Tears formed in her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. Her hold on Justin tightened. “I’ve come this far now…” She whispered, and then felt his arms tighten around her.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki