Number of reviews: 8
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


Devon was just getting comfortable on the couch when Justin walked in. He smiled at her and showed her a video tape.

"Whats that?" She asked.

"It's a surprise. Close your eyes." he popped the video in the vcr.

Devon rolled her eyes, but did what was asked of her. She felt Justin plop on the couch beside her.

"Okay, you can open 'em."

She opened her eyes and looked at Justin. He quickly gave her a kiss on the lips, and pushed play on the remote. Instantly Devon saw a small version of Justin and herself. She felt his arm creep around her neck and they watched in silence.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
._. My homie since knee high
We came up on the south side
Where you had to beat the street lights home
We got into some street fights
But the next day we be right back at it all ._.

5 year olds Devon and Justin were running down the street playing tag with some near by neighborhood kids. Devon was 'It', and she was running after Justin. Devon ran up behind him and pulled on his pants leg. He fell over and she tumbled onto him. They started laughing hysterically.

"Hey, that's no fair you cheated!" He started tickling her.
Devon was crying because she was laughing so hard. "Nuh uh, you run like a girl!" Now Justin was on top of her and he was tickling her harder.

"I don't run like a girl! Take it back!"

"NO! you .. do ..run ..like ..a -STOP IT!" She was laughing uncontrollably.

He was laughing at her. She was trying to get away, but he was stronger than her. "Not 'til you say I don't run like a girl."

Now all the kids were surrounded around them. Justin was still tickling her, and Devon was at the point where she could pee her pants at any time. "OKAY!! You don't run like a girl. Now, please, stop it!"

Justin jumped off her and hit the air with his fist in victory. Devon got up and rolled her eyes at him. It was getting dark and the street lights were about to come on.

"We should get home." Justin said as they started walking down the street.

Devon didn't say anything just walked with him. Justin turned to look at her. Her chocolate brown arms were folded tightly across her chest and she was pouting. Justin had to stop himself from laughing.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Devon just continued walking without looking at him.

"Devie, what's wrong?" He asked again.

Still, nothing. He walked her up to her door. He lived right next door, so she would normally wait until he got to her door. But she turned the knob, heading into the house. Justin stopped her before she could get all the way in the house. He closed her door.

"Devon, what's wrong with you?"

Devon started crying. "You made me look stupid in front of everyone."

Justin started cracking up with laughter. Devon didn't find it funny at all. She turned towards him and kicked him in the leg. Pain rushed over his face and he grabbed his leg in agony.
Devon started laughing.

"It's not funny, Devon!! ...I wasn't trying to make you mad, but you're the one who said I run like a girl." He was now rubbing the spot where she kicked him.

"You do! I wasn't lying, but you didn't have to tickle me in front of them! I don't like it! And you know that."

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He hugged her. He walked over to his porch.

"So, tomorrow ..i'll meet you at the park?"
He smiled. "Like everyday. Goodnight, Devon." It faded into black as they entered the house.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Devon was laughing. Justin turned to look at her.

"What's so funny?"

She waited until she could talk. "How you always apologized,
even though I was acting very childish at the time."

He smiled at her. "Yeah, but don't you have something to apologize for?"

Devon shrugged. "No, what?"

Justin gave her a shocked look. "That kick! It hurted like hell, and you just up and laughed at me."

Devon chuckled. "Oh, that, well ...no i'm not sorry about that."

"WHAT?! I had a bruise on my leg because of you."

Devon shrugged again. "Oh well, I rather see you run with a limp instead of like a girl."

"For the hundreth time ..I DO NOT RUN LIKE A GIRL!"

"Riiight, and I have a penis." She smiled at him.

He laughed at her. "Fine, whatever ...you'll apologize one of these days"

'That's what you think' She thought to herself.

He smiled. "And don't think I don't know what you're thinking either, baby"
*~*~*~**~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*~*~
._. Wherever there was me, there was you
And we were like crew
Straight from junior high school
Then you messed it all up
Started pushing up
Kissed me on the cheek
And I fell in love ._.

13 year olds Devon and Justin were standing at the cafeteria doors. Devon was nervous and Justin could sense it.

"You ready?" He asked her.

Devon gave him a small smile. "I guess, but what if they don't like me in there?"

"Devon, who couldn't like you?" He asked her seriously.

"Everyone except you." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"I'm serious though. There's no reason for them to not like you," He took her hand. "and if they don't, i'll beat them up."

Devon laughed. She felt better. Like she always did when she was around him. They walked into the cafeteria. Everyone asked Justin to seat next to them. Because unlike Devon he was the popular one. She was in her awkward stage, where everything isn't portioned right just yet. So, she was basically the outcast. But he never ignored her. Whereever she was, he was right by her side. They sat down next to a couple of girls and boys. Devon could instantly see that those girls had crushes on Justin, just by their death glares. Justin had his arm around Devon. Devon wanted so badly to say "Do you have a freakin' PROBLEM". But they were Justin's friends, and she didn't want to cause trouble.

"Hey J, you gonna try out for basketball?" One of the guys asked him.

Justin smacked his hand. "You know it," He looked over at
Devon. "are you okay?" He whispered in her ear.
She just nodded.

"Hey Justin, why do you hang around HER? She's not exactly popular." One of his girl friends asked.

Justin gave her a mean glare. "Well it's simple," he looked back at Devon. "she's my girl." and with that said he gave her a kiss on the cheek, and went back to talking to his guy friends.

Devon was shocked, he never kissed her. Even something as small as a kiss on the cheek he never did. She stared at him. For some reason she was feeling stuff that she never felt towards him. She actually felt giddy, because he kissed her. She was rubbing the spot where he kissed her. She vowed to never wash her cheek again.
*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Devon laughed remembering that. "J, that's when I realized I was in love with you."

"You mean to tell me it took you that long to realize you were in love with this?" He ran a hand through his hair.

"Yes, Mr. I think i'm the shit ...it did take me that long. Not everyone was up your ass you know."

He laughed. "I know, baby. I was just kiddin, but on a serious note I always knew I was in love with you."

"You liar, you don't have to say that shit, Justin. You know you can get into my pants anyway."

"Well no shit, like you ever could resist THIS."

Devon rolled her eyes and pushed him.
*~*~~*~*~*~~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~
._. Shorty's a little taller now
Into big things, he's a baller now
His heart never changed
I can see he's still down
I can't forget him (No no no no)
More than his voice is changing now
All that I see is rearranging now (Now)
It just ain't the same
Catchin feelings now
I should tell him (Yea) ._.

Devon was surrounded by all her friends and family as she blew out all her 16 candles. Of course Devon invited Justin, but he was away with his new group *NSYNC. Why did God have to bless him with such a beautiful voice? He promised he'd make it to her party, but he was about 2 hours late already.

"Devon, he'll make it. He wouldn't disappoint you." Her momma tried to cheer her up.

Devon gave everyone a fake smile. "Yeah, I know momma. But listen ya'll, i'm so happy ya'll could make it, but I need a couple of minutes to myself." She ran to her room and slammed her door.

She laid down on her bed and pressed her head against her pillow. He never had time for her anymore. Damn that group! Just as she was about to take her frustration out on her pillow in walked Justin. Devon looked at him. He had totally changed since the last time she saw him. He was much taller, and he had dyed his hair. Devon sat up. Justin gave her an apologetic look. She looked down at his hands, he was holding her present. It was a small box. She thought it was earrings or something.

"Devon, i'm so -"

"Yeah, I know ...don't you think I get tired of hearing 'i'm sorry' all the damn time?"

He set the box down on her desk and sat next to her. "Devon, I really AM sorry. I was suppose to get here earlier. But some things happened, and I had to take care of them."

Tears started to roll down her face. "Yeah, because everything is just SO much more important than I am now huh?"

"Devon, I can NOT believe you're acting like this. What the hell is wrong with you?!" He was yelling at her now.

Devon shook her head. "Nothing!" She wanted so desperately to tell him that she was in love with him. But she knew he didn't feel the same way. "Okay I just wanted my "bestfriend" to be here like he said he was gonna be! This was my sweet 16, Justin. And you couldn't even break away from whatever you were doing to make it here on time. No matter what, whenever you want me to be somewhere I am! And you can't do that for me anymore."

"Devon, it's not like that! If I could be here when you want me to I WOULD! Normally you'd understand this, but lately you've been a real bitch about things."

She couldn't believe he was being this way towards her. Maybe she should tell him. Just so he'd know she had a reason for acting this way. But her shyness wouldn't let her.

"Well, you know what Justin ..you can just get out!"

Justin walked up to her and placed his arms around her waist and hugged her. "Baby, i'm so sorry. I really did try to make it here on time. And I was pissed that I was late. Please don't be mad at me."

If she was gonna tell him, now would be the time. But she she couldn't do it. "It's okay, Justin. I'm sorry I was just overreacting. I'm glad you're here now."

He looked at her and smiled. He got up and grabbed her present. He sat back down and handed it to her. She slowly unwrapped it and opened it. Her eyes grew huge. It was a ring with a small diamond.

"It's a promise ring ...which means I promise to always be here for you whenever you need me. I love you, Devon." He kissed her on the cheek.

"Justin, I have something to tell you."

He put the ring on her finger. He looked into her eyes. "What is it?"

"I um ..."

"You what?"

"I .." She couldn't tell him. "have a crush on J.C!" She blurted out.

Justin gave her a weird look. "Really, J.C?"

She nodded.

He didn't say anything. Just sat there.

"So ...pretty soon you're gonna be rich. Hopefully next year
you'll get me a car." She joked.

He laughed and hugged her.
*~*~*~~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"I still can't believe you had a crush on J.C of all people!"
I didn't you dork! ..I was gonna tell you that I was in love with you, but I couldnt."

"What?! You were gonna tell me! Devon, I went out with Britney because I really thought you liked J.C. You would've saved me alot of drama from a blonde headed bitch."

"Yeah, but then you wouldn't have come out with Cry Me A River. And that's just funny shit right there."

"You still shouldve told me!"

"I did eventually. Quit your whining, you big baby."
*~**~*~*~*~*~**~**~*~**~**~**~**~**~***~*~*~*~*~*~*~***~**~*~**
._. Oooh, when the boy next door (Next door)
Don't want to be my homeboy no more
Saw something that he never saw before
I think he wants to be my baby, baby
Oooh, been with him all my life (My life)
Now I see him in a whole new light
Something about it feels so right (That's why)
I think he wants to be my baby, baby ._.

Justin and Devon were sitting at the kitchen table eating the rest of her cake. Justin was staring at her, but she was too busy feeding her face to notice.

"So, J.C?"

Devon sighed. "For the hundreth time, yes J.C."

He put his fork down. "Really, because he doesn't seem like your type."

She gave him a look. "Oh really, and what is my type?"
Justin shifted in his seat. "I dunno, but definitely NOT J.C"
Devon just laughed at him and went back to eating her cake.

"Devon, I love you."

Devon didn't turn to look at him but said, "Yeah, I love you, too."

"No, Devon, I loveee you."

Devon laughed. "I loveee you, too."

"Devon," he took her hand. She looked at him. "I think, no I know, that i'm in love with you."

Devon snatched her hand away from his. "What?!"

"I know, it's weird, but I can't help how I feel."

Devon had to lie. She could never tell Justin how she really felt. "Justin, i'm sorry but we can only be friends."

"I know I just wanted to tell you .."

They ate in silence.
*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~*~*~*~*~~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"You made me sit there like a dumbass. When you knew you liked me, too."

Devon kissed him. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't tell you right then."

He looked at her. "Now I have to go to therapy, because Britney has scarred me for life. And all because you were too shy to tell me how you really feel."

Devon rolled her eyes. "You don't go to therapy! Stop being so dramatic. I swear you're just like a drag queen."

Justin looked shocked. "A drag queen wished it looked this good. Ya'll aren't ready to see me as a girl. Believe me."
Devon cracked up.
*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**
._. Every night when we get home
Undercover talking on the phone
Here comes my mother
It's way too late
Might get in trouble
My heart can't wait (So much to say)
Writing till my hand cramps up
4 pages saying I'm in love (I got a crush)
Can't get you off my mind (Can you pick me up baby)
I'm sure I'll be fine when I look into your eyes ._.

"Hello?" Devon answered her phone.

"Hey baby, what's up?" She heard Justin's voice.

She smiled. "Nothing just about to go to bed." She got up under her covers.

"Yeah, so am I. I miss you."

"I miss you, too ...when are you coming back home?"

"Shortly, i'm coming to help you pack. Damn I can't believe you're goin to college."

"Yeah, me either. Time flies by doesn't it?"

"It sure does."

"So Justin, how's Britney?"

"Oh, she's fine." Justin said not really wanting to talk about her. And Devon not really wanting him to.

They heard a click. "Devon, you need to be goin' to bed soon." her mother said.

Devon sighed. "YES momma, I do know that." they heard another click.

Justin laughed. "Well, i'm tired anyway. So, i'm gonna let you go to sleep. I love you, Devon."

"I love you, too. Goodnight." They hung up.

Devon couldn't go to sleep after talking to him. So she cut on her lamp next to her desk and sat down. She decided to write Justin a letter. Telling him about all her feelings towards him. She was surprised when she got finished, it was 4 pages long.

._. Shorty's a little taller now
Into big things, he's a baller now
His heart never changed
I can see he's still down
I can't forget him
More than his voice is changing now
All that I see is rearranging now
It just ain't the same
Catchin feelings now
I should tell him (Gotta tell him that I love him) ._.

Justin was able to come help her back for college. They were just getting the chance to sit down. Devon noticed Justin was staring at her way more than normal.

"What?"

"I got your letter."

Devon blushed. "Oh."

"Devon, you really have all those feelings for me?"

"Yes, Justin, I can honestly say that I am in love with you."

"Then why Devon, why did you wait so long to tell me?"

Devon shifted around alittle. "I don't know, shy I guess."
"You know, i'm still in love with you." He said as he moved closer towards her.

Just as he was about to kiss her Devon stopped him. "That might be so, but you're also going out with Britney. And you don't cheat, and I don't cheat."

He sighed and sat back. "Yeah, I know ..but I do love you, baby." He kissed her on the cheek.
*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~
"It's like we were meant to be, you know that?" Justin asked.

Devon shrugged. "That might have been for you. But for me ...I just wanted to be 'Justin Timberlake's girlfriend'"

He bit his lip and stood up. He gave her a look, and then got down on one knee. "Well, would you settle for being Justin Timberlake's wife?" He asked as he showed her a diamond engagement ring.

Devon put her hand over her mouth. "Oh my gosh! Are you serious?"

He laughed. "I would say i'm very serious. No matter what happened Devon ..we always found our way back to each other ..you're my best friend ..and you always will be, but I want you to be my wife as well."

"How can I say no to that? Of course I will, Justin." He slid the ring on her finger and pulled her up for a hug.

"But I have to be honest, once J.C strolls in here with a diamond bigger than this, i'm gone." She joked.

He laughed and kissed her. "Baby, please, you wouldn't leave all of this."

"You dork, I love you, you always be my homeboy."

"I love you too, baby. I love you, too."

**Lyrics by JoJo



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki