Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 3






~~~**

He buttoned the button on his suit jacket, as he made his way into the funeral home. He walked inside, and immediately was met by Molly’s smiling face. His eyes went over her picture, and he felt tears prick his eyes. In black letters under her picture were the words:

‘In loving memory of Molly Elizabeth Kirkpatrick.’

The words stung his heart. Memory. That’s all she was now. A memory. He sighed, as he pushed himself to walk past her picture. He walked through the doors of the first room, and was met by silence, though it was filled with people. He looked around, and noticed Justin and Emily sitting by themselves in a pew a few feet away from him; he could clearly see the tears streaming down Emily’s face, as Justin held her in his arms. He let a small smile at the picture of the two. They were so deeply in love, just to scared to tell the other.

He looked away from the ‘couple’ and his eyes locked with Kate. She stood in front of the coffin. The coffin that held Molly. She was just looking at her, not moving. Her hair was down around her shoulders, a black knee length skirt and black blouse made her outfit. She looked so much older than she really was. Her face was set. Her lips in a straight line. A red rose in her hand.

JC found it really hard for him to move, as he watched Kate place the rose in the coffin, between Molly’s folded hands. He stood there and stared at her. To hard to move his eyes from her.

Kate slowly shut her eyes, she opened them again as a single tear rolled down her cheek, she slowly turned away, to see JC staring at her. She looked at him for a few seconds before walking away, her head down. JC made a move to go after her, but his eyes soon landed on the coffin, and he suddenly found it very hard to breathe, as he looked at Molly’s still form.

~~~**

JC sat at the first pew, his arm wrapped around Kate, in a protective hold. Her mom sat next to her, while Justin and Emily were on the other side of him. Chris sat on the other side of his mom, Taylor in his lap, with Joey and Lance next to him. It had been just yesterday since the big fight between Kate, Emily, and Chris. And the two sisters had of yet to speak to Chris.

Tons of family and Friends sat in the pews behind them. But, the room was silent. No one daring to make a noise. JC looked down at Kate, and noticed her gaze directed in Molly’s way. He gave her a squeeze, in which she looked up at him. His eyes asked the question he was wanting to ask her. She looked at him for a few seconds before shaking her head, and leaning it on his shoulder.


~~~**

Kate sat there, her heart being ripped away from her, piece by piece. Her gaze resting to Molly. She just couldn’t comprehend that she was really gone. Her older sister, her mentor, her companion, her best friend. She slowly lifted her gaze up to JC when she felt him squeeze her shoulder. Her eyes met his, and for the one moment in time, she felt safe, with his arms around her.

Before Molly had died, JC had been one of her best friends, but since the death, he’s been her rock. He’s kept her together, and when she needed him; he was there before the blink of an eye. And looking at him at that exact moment, she felt selfish. JC had also lost something in the whole ordeal; he lost the love of his life. He lost his first child, though he had yet to know that. Kate knew she had to tell him, but she seemed to be the only one to know about Molly’s pregnancy, and so she figured she’d wait a while before telling him. It would only make the pain in his heart worse.

She lowered her head, to rest on his shoulder, as her gaze returned to Molly. She lifted her head again when she noticed movement next to her. She saw Chris set Taylor in the spot he had just been sitting, and made his way to the front of the room, in front of Molly’s coffin. He was quiet for a minute, as everyone looked at him. Chris cleared his throat, and you could clearly see his brown eyes get watery.

“Mol- Molly was my baby sister. She wasn’t the youngest one, but she was always my baby sister. Her and Katie. Then Em came along, and a few years later Taylor. I don’t think my sister’s ever knew how much I love them, and Molly; I never got the chance to be the big brother I wanted to be for her. She was still young when I left for Nsync. Mid teens, I’d say. But, even then I was in Orlando, while her, mom, Em, an- and Katie, were still in Pennsylvania. I never got to be there for her when she went to prom, or when she graduated, or any of the games she cheered at. But, she never held that against me. And then, her world got turned upside down. Her and the girls, they couldn’t leave the house without disguises. I did that to them. They never got mad at me for it.” Chris stopped as he wiped a tear away.

“ Molly Elizabeth was born January 15, 1978. I was only about 6. But I still remember when my mom placed her in my arms. She was so tiny. She opened her eyes, and looked right at me with these big brown eyes, and I fell. I fell so hard. From that day forth, she was my baby sister. Two years later, Katie came in the world. When Molly was younger, she used to think of Kate as her doll. As they got older, the two got closer. They weren’t considered sisters, in their minds, they were best friends.”

Kate looked at her brother, tears falling down her cheeks.

“ I remember, when mom had told us she was pregnant again, with Emily. Molly, I’ve never seen her smile so big. She was about five I think, Katie three, I remember them being so excited. Helping mom prepare for the new arrival, although, we didn’t have a lot of money; Molly wanted everything to be perfect. Emily came, and again she had a new doll.”

Emily looked over at Kate, and saw that she was in the same state as herself. She brought her hand up, to wipe away the tears, as she looked back at her brother.

“ Molly, she loved her family more than anything. She was probably the closes to Katie though. Those two, those two caused a lot of trouble together.” Chris laughed, as he brought a shaky hand up to wipe his tears. “ They were inseparable. I was often jealous of their relationship. I’m not even as close to my other sisters as Molly was to them. She made her family, her life. Anyone, and I mean anyone who the girls accepted, she accepted with open arms. She even brought home her boyfriends, and would only continue the relationship, if the girls gave her the ‘ok’.” Chris let a small smile seek through at his next thought.

“ I remember when she met Josh.” JC lifted his head, and Chris immediately had his attention. “ She was 16, he 17. I had brought him over to meet the girls, I introduced them, and when I looked at Molz, she just had this dreamy look in her eyes. And, from that day forth, I knew, I knew my friend had stolen my sister’s heart. They didn’t start dating for a while, almost four years. Those two together, they were perfect for each other. They kept it private, very little people knew. But, before I knew it, they had been together for four years, and Molly called me up, asking me give her away at her wedding.” Kate felt something wet hit her hand. She looked up, to see tears streaming down JC’s cheeks, she gently place her hand underneath his chin, and tilted it, so that he was looking at her. She raised her hand and gently wiped his tears away.

“ I went to a club the night the accident happened. I was with Joey, and we were driving home. I was driving and I noticed a bunch of flashing lights up ahead. I realized it was an accident. I slowed down as I passed, and then I saw it. Molly’s car, flipped over, completely smashed. I jumped out of the car, praying that it wasn’t her, but then I saw her on the stretcher. I barley recognized her. I knew seeing her, that she wasn’t going to make it. But, I still had that tiny hope.

“ One of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do was call Kate. She was the hardest to call. I remember her running into the hospital, searching for anyone. She finally spotted me, and I remember her asking if Molly was ok. I couldn’t even look her in the eyes. I knew Molly was going to die. I just had this gut instinct. I always hated instincts, cause somehow there always right. I remember walking into Molly’s room, and she looked so fragile. Sh- she ju- just” Chris voice cracked, as his tears started flowing more heavily. He cleared his throat again, and began to fidget with his coat buttons.

“ She just looked at me with those eyes that made me fall in love with my sister the first time I saw her. She didn’t look like my baby sister, she just, she didn’t look like my baby sister.” Chris choked as he started to sob, he fell to his knees and sobbed into his hands. Kate jumped up, and walked over to her brother’s side, and held him as he cried, as she cried; as they cried together.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki