Now or Never by SKITZ


Number of reviews: 1
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


**Introduction**

A smile parted her lips as she watched her older brother and his friends play a game of basketball. It was the same routine for her. On Saturday mornings she would wake up and get ready, leaving with her brother and spending the day with him. He was the only one she trusted because he knew what was going on; he wasn’t blind to what was happening to them, to their family. It was being divided. Their parents argued frequently and she wondered how much longer it would take for them to cut short their marriage that they had promised to last forever.

She smirked and said, “Eighteen years. It took them eighteen years to realize that they weren’t meant for each other.”

She knew her parents would be filing for divorce soon, she didn’t care. She’s learned to live with it. It was bound to happen anyway. They treated each other like crap now, their love was gone. She’s noticed it since she had turned into a teenager. Their love was gone and she was positive that it was never coming back. Divorce was just perfect for them.
She loved it when she could hang out with her brother, she could just forget about everything that was going on. He didn’t allow her to think of anything negative. He was always looking at the brighter side of things.

She broke away from her thoughts when she heard her brother calling out her name.

“Yeah Robert?” she asked standing up and dusting off her clothes.

He gave her a smile. “I need you to head home now; the guys and I have something important to do.”

“Can’t I come with?” she asked.

He shook his head ‘no.’ “No, you can’t.” he told her. “Elizabeth, just head home alright. I’ll help you with your homework when I get back and then we could go for ice cream.”

“I’m not a little girl Robert.”

He smirked. “I know but you’re still my baby sister.”

She smiled at him and then turned to leave, heading home.


Stuffing her cold hands into her jean pockets, she continued on her way down the sidewalk, she didn’t know exactly where she was going. She knew Robert had told her to stay home, but she couldn’t. Her parents were arguing again and she just needed to get away. She didn’t want to stay and listen to them.

They were going on and on, yelling at each other, calling each other names, and going on saying that their marriage was just a mistake.

She wondered if their children were mistakes as well.

“Three kids and a broken marriage,” she said out loud, “sounds like they’ve made a lot of mistakes then.”

She looked up when bright headlights came into view, blinding her for a bit. Her eyes widened when she saw that the car was out of control, swerving left and right. A lump formed in her throat as she prayed for the poor soul that was behind the wheel and a second later the car had crashed into a tree. She rushed over to help.

Peeking into the driver’s seat, her eyes widened when she saw that it was Robert, her older brother. Tears formed in her eyes as she pulled the door open and pulled him out of the wreck. Laying him down on the wet pavement, she tried to wake him, but he was out. He had no pulse.

The neighbors gathered outside their houses, some formed a circle around the two siblings.

“Somebody call 911,” she yelled as her tears fell.

She hugged her brother to close to her.

“It’s going to be okay Robert, it’s going to be okay,” she told him, but she knew it was useless. He was gone.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki