Stand Here With Me by JoBlonde


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


My chin dropped as my eyes focused on the beautifully wrapped box. A silver bow was placed on tope, and as they handed the box to me, it glittered in the kitchen light. They urged me to open it and I carefully unwrapped it.


Inside was a pair of small diamond ear rings with a silver chain, and a diamond pendant on the chain. A smile spread across my face -- they were beautiful.


"We thought we'd bet you something, because we weren't very good company this morning," Lance spoke up.


I ran my finger over the diamonds as JC continued, "We're really excited for you, Tru...and we're sorry about this morning." I hugged them all, "It's okay, you guys...I'm just moody--that's all."


I turned to hug Kyle, and I noticed bags under his eyes, "You look tired, baby-- maybe you shouhld go lay down."


He yawned and nodded, kissing my cheek quickly and heading slowly up the stairs. I looked around at everyone else and suggested that we watch a movie. We headed into the living room and spread out across the room, Justin and I on the couch, Lance on the love seat, and JC in the recliner.


The Wedding Planner began and I smiled, curling up under my blanket. On mine and Kyle's one year anniversary of our first date, he had taken me to see it-- I had loved it ever since.


By the time the movie was over, I was half asleep, and I had to stumble with the guys up the stairs to our rooms. I walked into my room to see Kyle sprawled across the bed asleep. My heart ached for him, and I knew he didn't feel well, so I curled up beside him and decided to take him to the doctor the next day if he still didn't feel good.


The next morning, nothing had changed. Kyle was still just as tired, and claimed he could sleep all day if I would let him, but as much as I wanted to let him sleep, I took him to the hospital.


"Baby, you need to go...I don't want you getting really sick."


He only nodded, too worn out to argue. I gave him a reassuring smile as we entered the hospital and a sinking feeling entered my stomach. What if something really was wrong?


I pushed the feeling aside and waited for us to be called on. I had gotten settled in with a stack of magazines and a cup of coffee when we were called. A few tests were done and the doctor sat us down together. Kyle squeezed my hand and I smiled up at him.


"Things are as I suspected," said the doctor professionally, "And I'm afraid I have to let you know that you, Mr. Petrucci, have cancer."


Oh, of all the things I could have heard right then, this one was the worst.


"What?" We stammered.


"You have lung cancer, Mr. Petrucci...and I'm afraid there's not much we can do about it. We can try chemo therapy...but you'll be just as tired all of the time, and I can't promise you it will work."


My heart dropped to my feet and I felt tears coming to my eyes. "We'll need some time to think about this, doctor," I heard Kyle say...his voice was shaking, and I couldn't bring myself to look at him.


"Lung cancer," I heard him whisper, "How did this happen?"


All I could do was shake my head. What were we going to do?


(A/N...I know some of this story may not be accurate, I'm just relying on what I remember happening with my grandparents. Correct me if I'm wrong and I'll gladly change anything.)



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki