Stand Here With Me by JoBlonde


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


As we were driving home, Kyle looked over at me, his eyes full of worry, "Tru...I don't know what to do.."


I felt tears coming to my eyes again and I sniffed, "Baby...I'll go with you either way. I just want you to feel like you're doing the right thing...Don't do what you think I would want."


He sighed, "We have a baby on the way....I'm gonna be a daddy...and I might not be here for that."


"Oh, baby...please don't talk like that...you're gonna be okay."


Kyle lowered his eyes, "I don't want to live the rest of my life tired all of the time, Tru...I want to live it to the fullest...and I can't do that by taking all of these tests every week. I can't live my life the way I want to live it, if I have to live in a doctor's office."


I nodded, knowing he was right, but my heart tearing in two. "I'll go with whatever you want to do, Kyle...you know that...I love you."


We pulled up to the house and drearily got out of the car, trodding up the stairs. "How are we gonna tell them?" I asked shakily.


Kyle just sighed, running a hand through his hair and shaking his head. "They have to know."


As we walked in, I was met with a smiling Justin as he opened the door before we could unlock it. "So how is he?" He asked me. I tried to force a smile to match his, but all I managed was a grimace. The words were forming in my head, how I was going to tell everyone, but all I could do was cry. I felt myself crumble into Justin's arms as we sunk to the floor. Kyle closed the door and sat with me and Justin, rubbing my back comfortingly.


Justin looked at Kyle, knowing something was wrong. We got everyone gathered into the living room and I slowly wiped at my eyes, not wanting to worry anyone. My attempts failed and I noticed concern on everyone's faces as they took a seat.


"Well," Kyle began, "We went to the doctor this morning..and..."


I felt the tears come to my eyes again as the words left Kyle's mouth.


"I have cancer...lung cancer."


That was all it took to get me started again, and I felt Kyle's arm go around my shoulders comfortingly. I leaned into his embrace and sighed. I heard gasps coming from the guys as everything set in. I could tell Justin was crying, because I could feel his body shaking against mine.


"How?" he whispered.


"You know my mom always smoked more than a pack a day, J....I guess all of that is hitting me now."


"Isn't there something they could do?" He asked.


Kyle nodded slowly, "Yes...but I'm not going to."


"What are you talking about?" Justin asked, shocked, "You have to."


"Justin, it might not even work, and if it does, I'm going to spend all of my time in the hospital...that's not how I want to spend the rest of my life."


"You have a child on the way, man...You can't just leave Tru here like that!" With that, Justin headed out of the room and up the stairs. I looked around tearfully at everyone else. They had tears in their eyes as Kyle slowly got up and walked up the stairs to talk to Justin.


"It will be okay, Tru....I promise," JC said, hugging me. I cried into his shoulder, getting rid of everything I had pent up inside.


*~*


Kyle walked into Justin's room and saw him sitting on the bed, his head in his hands. "You can't do this to me man," Kyle said softly, "I need you to stand here with me...on my side."


Justin just shook his head, his body shaking with him as he cried, "But you have so much going for you, Ky..." he sniffed, "You need to try...for Tru's sake."


Kyle sat next to Justin, turning him to look him in the eyes, "Justin, I need you to promise me something. If something happens to me, I want you to be there for Tru. I have a savings set aside, and--"


"Don't talk like that!"


"--I know Tru can't raise the baby on her own, and that's why I'm asking you to help her. You're like a brother to me, and I know I can trust you...Promise me, Justin."


"I-...I Promise."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki