Stand Here With Me by JoBlonde


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin and Kyle headed back down the stairs to where JC, Lance, and I were sitting on the couch quietly, trying to reach a sense of normalcy, flipping through channels.


"Why don't we all go rent a movie, or something?" Kyle suggested slowly.


I turned to look up at him and tried to smile, "Okay.." was all I could manage.


We piled into the cars, Justin and I sharing a car once again, "Tru...I know it's got to be hard on you...lord knows it's hard on me too...but I promise you, everything will be okay. You have my word."


He was speaking from the heart, I knew, but somehow I couldn't believe his words, "How can you say it will be okay?" I questioned quietly, "My husband is dying...the love of my life won't be here my whole life...I don't see how anything can be okay."


Justin just nodded, turning to look out of the window. I felt bad for snapping at him, but everything was crashing down at once...I couldn't find an upside anwhere.


We pulled into the video store parking lot and everyone shuffled in and picked out a movie. Most of them were comedies, trying to lighten the mood. We finally agreed on a disney movie, and I convinced Justin to let us rent Longshot. I thought maybe making fun of Justin, JC, and Lance would lighten the mood some.


Upon arriving at home, Kyle was already tired, so he and I laid down on the couch while everyone else sprawled out across the room. Before the previews of the first movie were over, Kyle was asleep and breathing peacefully against my back. It was the fact that he wasn't always going to be there right behind me that hurt the most.


We all fell asleep making fun of Longshot and woke up a few hours later, starving. I popped some soup in the microwave and Justin helped me get bowls out and silverware. It was while I was pouring soup into the bowls when I spoke up.


"Justin...I'm sorry about earlier....I shouldn't have snapped at you....If God wants Kevin to be up there with him, there's nothing I can do to change his mind."


He shook his head, "It's okay Tru...I know what you're going through..."


He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, and my buried myself in his grasp, not wanting to let go. I knew what he had said earlier was right...he wouldn't leave me alone, and would be by my side through everything.


Kyle woke up a few minutes later and I handed him his soup. He took it, smiling, and we all sat around to watch the football game that was coming on. It was really late by the time the game was off and we all headed to bed.


Kyle and I curled up on the bed, almost too tired to talk.


"Sweets," Kyle said softly.


"Yeah, Kyle?"


"I love you..."


I felt tears come to my eyes as I kissed him softly, "I love you too."


He kissed me again, slowly running his fingers through my hair. I always loved it when he did that. He pulled away, looking into my eyes and smiling, "Goodnight, Sweets."


"Sweet dreams."



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki