Golden Road by xkcfanx


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N this has a western theme to it....


The year was 1890. The long road was now awaiting the Kirkpatrick Family. Chris was finally setting out on his own to go to Golden Road, Texas to become a doctor. He always wanted to become one ever since he was little… helping people was something he would enjoy doing. Chris and Emma walked out the door of his parent’s house and walked down to the horse carriage.
“Chris, please reconsider goin’ west?” the dark haired lady said. She wore a long white dress that went down to her ankles.

“Ma, I gotta go. Pa don’t approve. Its time for me to move out on my own with Emma. Ma” Chris said loading up the rest of the suitcases into the carriage.

“Be careful ya hear?”

“I just wish pa was here,” he wished looking out towards the field where he saw the horses working their hardest to get their crops set out before the Spring came along.

“Oh, Chris your father is just as stubborn as you. He will miss you please keep on touch and take care of Emma,” she tightly hugged Chris and kissed him on the cheek,” Now you take care of my boy! Don’t let him get into any trouble,” she ordered.

“Yes ma’am he’s in good hands.” Emma hugged Mrs. Kirkpatrick and climbed into the horse carriage. Chris kissed his mom on the cheek. Chris glanced out of the corner of his eye. He saw his dad. The tall dark haired man that stood there before him. He dusted off his pants as he walked toward Chris.

“Now son I still don’t like you becomin a doctor. Stay here and work with me,” he said.

“No, pa I wont. I want to go to Texas and become a doctor,” he protested. His dad gave him a glare and walked away.

“Oh Chris, don’t worry he’ll come around we better get going,” Emma suggested.

“Bye Ma, take care of pa,” Chris climbed into the carriage and he took a hold of the reins and slapped the horses and they started to move. This would be the first time Chris has left his family. They always stuck together, but this was something that just had to be done. Emma took a hold of Chris’ arm and laid her head on her shoulder. The sun soon started to set over the hills. The night grew upon the Kirkpatrick family.

“We’ll stay here tonight,” Chris said. Emma smiled. Emma knew Chris would only sleep for an hour or two before they would be off on the open road. Chris stopped the horses on a near by forest and made camp for the night.

*** Emma awoke to the bright sun beating down on her face.

“Chris where are we?” Emma asked.

“Just outside of Golden Road. We should be there in 15 minutes,” he replied giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Where will we live?”

“My Uncle Alan got us a house. I don’t know where it is located. Uncle will tell us,” he explained.

“Do you know where you’re working?”

“Don’t worry Emma. Everything will be okay,” he assured her.

“I just don’t anything to go wrong,”

“I know Emma I know.” Chris saw the little town quickly approaching. He just now wondered if this was REALLY the right thing for them to be doing after all.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki