Golden Road by xkcfanx


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Later on that night Chris and Emma unloaded all of their things and put them into the house. Their house was really small only a 1-bedroom house it was all they could afford. It had already been furnished one green sofa, one large armoire and the dinning room table that stood there alone underneath the crystal chandelier.
“Emma?”

“Yes?” she came from the bathroom.

“Do you love me?” he asked. Emma’s face went confused.

“Chris of course I love you.”

“Well I have been thinking a lot about when we were at Uncles store and the way Justin smiled at you and you smiled at him…is there something going on?” Emma walked over to Chris and lightly planted a kiss on his lips.

“Of course not. I only love you,” she lied. There was attraction. The light curly blond hair and the blue eyes. She couldn’t help it. Chris kissed her forehead.

“I will be back I am going to the bar,”

*** Chris rode into town. The town was all lit up. He stopped in front of Records Bad. He got off his horse and walked in. As he walked in he looked around at the old dusty saloon. The smell of whiskey filled the room. Chris never drank in his life his father wouldn’t allow it. He looked straight ahead and saw Justin sitting there talking to the bar tender.

“Who does he think he is? Lookin at my wife? She is with me…. I am going to go over there and settle this for once and for all,” Chris thought to himself as he started to walk towards Justin,” Maybe I should just sit down next to him and have a drink or two…yea that sounds good. And if he even tries to start any sh!t I will give him a piece of my mind,” Chris sat down next to Justin. He turned towards him.

“Chris right?” Chris slightly smiled and nodded,” I didn’t think you would be the type of drinker,”

“Pa, never let me drink. He wasn’t a drinkin man. But I thought what the hell,”

“What will it be sir?” the bartender asked.

“Uh… a whiskey….” Chris said lifting up one eyebrow.

“So how are you liking this small little town?” Justin asked. Chris shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know. Only been here for a day…”

“Yea, that’s right. So where you work?”

“I ain’t workin. I am going to be going to the Dixie University here in 2 weeks. I am becomin a doctor,” he said.

“Oh, well good luck,” there was a moment of silence.

“A doctor? This guy is full of sh!t a doctor? I am more of a man than he is….” Justin thought to himself.

***

Chris has had a few drinks by this time. Half drunk. Chris had the smell of whiskey on his breath and clothes smelled the same.

“You lookin at my wife,”

“What?”

“You lookin at my wife at uncle’s store,”

“No, I was not. Chris your drunk. You should go home,”

“No! You lookin at my wife.” Chris lifted up his arm and swung and hit Justin in the nose. Justin fell to the ground holding his nose. Justin whipped away the blood coming from his nose and got up and tried to punch Chris but he ducked and he hit the guy next to him.

“Fight! Fight!” A man yelled. Moments later the sheriff of the small town came walking in.

“Now sir what seems to be the problem?” he questioned.

“The boy got and hot me for no reason sheriff,” the sheriff turned to Chris. He could smell the stench of whiskey on his clothes.

“Now sir why you hit this here man?”

“He was lookin at my wife,”

“That’s no reason to hit someone sir. And you are drunk. How many drinks did you have?”

“He had around 6 sir. He never drank before,” Justin interrupted.

“I am sorry sir, but I am going to have to throw you in jail for the day,” Chris wobbled around with the glass still in his hand and stumbled out of the bar.

***

Emma sat alone in the darkened house alone. It was almost midnight and Chris still hadn’t come home yet. She was starting to get worried. She heard a horse come riding to the house. She looked out the window- no Chris. Emma walked over to the door and opened it up and it was the sheriff.

“Why hello sheriff what seems to be the problem?” she asked.

“Your husband Chris got into a fight at the bar with some guy named Justin. He is going to be in jail until tomorrow around 7.” He explained.

“Thank you for letting me know sheriff.”

“Your welcome Mrs. Kirkpatrick.”


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki