Golden Road by xkcfanx


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The next day Emma rode into town to Potter’s corner and picked up a few things for dinner that night. As Emma got off the horse she saw Justin working away. “Hi ma’am,” Justin greeted.
“Hi Justin, is Alan here? I would like to know if he got my order for those potatoes?”

“No he ain’t here. I can go and get ‘em for you,” he offered. Justin set down the box and walked into the store dusting off his pants.

“They should be right here,” he walked behind the counter. He accidentally knocked over a jar of gumballs. Emma laughed,” Sorry… I’m… just… clumsy,” he stuttered.

“Are they there?” she asked.

“Yes they are. Emma let me ring ‘em up for you. One sack of potatoes that will be $.50,” she handed him the $.50.

“Thank you Justin.” Emma smiled as she was getting ready to turn around she turned around and looked at Justin,” Wait, would you like to join me for dinner? It’s lonely. It’s the best I can do since my husband punched you,” she offered. Justin smiled and nodded his head

“Sounds good,”

“Around 7 would be fine.” She turned back around and walked out of the store. She saw Alan.

“I see you got your potatoes. Have a nice day Emma,”

“You too Alan” Emma climbed onto the horse and rode home.

***

Emma heard the galloping of a horse outside the house. She sat down the steak on the table and walked over to the window. She saw Justin. He had been wearing the same thing he was wearing before black button pants and a T-shirt. Emma quickly fixed her hair and opened the door for Justin.

“Hi Emma…”

“Hi Justin come in. I just set supper on the table,” Justin walked in.

“ Thanks ma’am” Justin took off his coat and walked towards the table. He leaned over and smelt the aroma of the steak laying their on the plate in the dinning area,” What time was Chris going to be coming back?” Justin asked.

“I don’t remember what the sheriff told me why?” Justin lightly kissed Emma on the lips,” That’s why,” he whispered.

“No, Justin I couldn’t do that to Chris. I am sorry,”

“Don’t you feel this between us?”

“Justin, yes I do, but I couldn’t. I am married to Chris and as his wife I stay loyal to my husband,” she said. Justin didn’t like what he was hearing. He grabbed a hold of Emma’s arm,” Justin let go please!” she exclaimed. He still didn’t let go,” Justin please let me go,” Emma started to get scared. Justin kissed her again, forcing his tongue into her mouth. She couldn’t help but he dragged into it. Moments later Emma heard a gunshot and felt Justin’s body come forward pushing her down and for Justin to fall on top of her. Emma finally pushed Justin off of her. She saw the blood coming from Justin. She wondered who shot the gun.

“Emma! Emma! Are you okay?” she recognized the voice”Chris.

“Chris!!! I am so glad you are here,” she tightly hugged him,” How much of that did you see?” she asked.

“All of it. You invited that jerk over here,”

“I was just bein nice Chris. You punched him.”

“He was lookin at you,”

“Let’s just not worry about that right now. We need to call the sheriff and explain to him what happened,” she suggested.

“Wait, is he still alive?” Chris walked over to Justin and turned him over. He put his two fingers up to his neck. No pulse,” He’s gone,” Chris walked back over to Emma and pulling her in for a hug,” Come on Emma lets go get the sheriff,” Chris and Emma walked out of the house and they got onto the horse and they rode into town. This was a day that the little small town of Golden Road, Texas would never forget.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki