Love Always? by Jorie611


Number of reviews: 8
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Finally, after trying so hard to get JC up the stairs, dressed, and into the car, Kaylyn and JC were at the hospital. It was almost 11:00 P.M. and the couple was waiting for a doctor in a room. JC could barely sit up and was laying on the examination table. Kaylyn looked at him feeling really bad about his condition. Kaylyn heard footsteps and could hear a doctor in the hall talking to a nurse. She was hoping they were coming into the room to check on JC. A moment later, a tall, dark haired older male doctor stepped in.

"Hi, I'm Dr.Patterson." he said with a pleasant smile.

"Hi doctor, I'm Kaylyn Chasez and this sick patient is my husband Josh."

"Hi doctor." JC asnwered quietly.

"Well it' god to meet you, but not under these circumstances. The nurse told me you had taken his temperature and it was 103 and that when she took it here it raised a little to 103.4. So that concerns me."

"Me too doctor. He hasn't eaten anything all day. He onlydrank maybe 8 glasses of orange juice and spilled two of them because his muscles are weak.He just laid on the same couch the whole day and puked a couple of times and thats when I decided he needed to come here." Kaylyn told the doctor.

"Is this all true, Mr. Chasez?' Dr.Patterson questioned.

"Yeah, and I also had some nausea and dizzy spells. I feel just so hot and super weak." JC answered

"Well can you sit up for me?" JC slowly moved himself and sat upright as best as he could.

"Okay, that's good. Let me go get a wheelchair because we need to move you to another room. I'd like to admit you. Your temperature is most alarming and your symptoms tell me you have a pretty nasty flu. I would really like to keep watch over you and get you back to normal." Dr.Patterson said.

"Oh man. Are you serious?"JC asked.

"Dead serious, sir. You should get an IV in as soon as we get you situated to your room."

Kaylyn didn't like all she had just heard and she knew the IV would be traumatic for JC. She was going to have to tell the doctor and the nurse who would put it in of her husband's fear.

"Don't worry Mrs. Chasez, we'll try t get him healthy again as soon as possible."

"Thanks doctor."

"Let me leave you two for a coupkle of minutes and I'll be back." Dr Patterson said and walked out of the room.

"Kay, why is this happening?" JC asked.

"I don't know, but just stay calm. I'm right here and I won't leave you. Okay."

"Okay. I love you , Butterfly."

"I love you too Josh. "

"Come closer." Kaylyn walked over to him and put her faces inches just inches from his. JC moved his head to fill the little gap and kissed her cheek.

"I wish I could taste your lips, but I have the flu. That sucks!" JC said.

"Yeah, keep those Joshy germs away from me."

"Joshy germs!? You must be sick already." Kaylyn laughed.

"Oh yeah, I must have been delirious when I said "I do" to you." JC pinched her arm.

"Hey that wasn't nice."

"Well your little joke wasn't nice either." Kaylyn knew he was in discomfort, but really wanted to hug him. So she did. JC smiled at her contact.

"You're the cutest patient I've ever seen and I promise I'll try my best to keep you happy during your stay here. I love you so much." Kaylyn said sincerely.

JC looked into her eyes. "You make me happy all the time. "

*******************************************

A little after midnight and JC was now in a hospital bed and and had his eyes closed. Kaylyn was sitting in a chair right next to him.The nurse still had to come and put the IV in. She knew that JC was probably thinking about it and had his eys closed because he didn't want to see it. Kaylyn pulled the bed sheet over him and and then kissed his forehead.

"You doing okay, baby?" she asked.

"I'm okay. Can they just get this over with already?" JC answered.

"Someone's getting tired of waiting for that needle." JC opened his eyes and stared at her evilly.

"Shut it. Please no more of that word." Kaylyn nodded her head.

"Okay, sorry, but it was just so tempting. I won't say it again." JC smiled.

"Good, now let me go back to my happy place before the nurse gets here." Kay took his hand into hers and brought it to her cheek.

"Where's your happy place?"

"You and I, looking at the stars together in Hawaii on our honeymoon." Kaylyn felt a tear slip down her face.

"That was a beautiful night. I can't believe it's been 4 month already."

"Well when I'm with you Butterfly, time goes by fast because you put so much fun in my life."

"Well you do the same. You're one unpredictable man. I had no idea I'd be in the hospital with you tonight."

"Don't say hospital. I'm suppose to be in my happy place."

"Oh okay, sorry. Do you want me to tell you when the nurse get's here?"

" Oh, I'll know when she gets here. You're the one who'll need to pray their hand stays in tact." Kaylyn laughed.

"Just be quiet now. Think about us in Hawaii."

"Well I sure feel like it, with this damn fever."

"I said be quiet. One more word and I'm gonna tell the nurse not to go gentle on you."

SIlence.

Kaylyn laughed and knew he had gotten the message.

****************************************************

Five minutes later the nurse came in and was ready to put the IV in.

"You're Mrs. Chasez, I presume. I'm Nurse Hathaway." said a petite blonde.

"Yes, that's me. Well I'm glad you're finally here to get this over with."

"Why's that?"

"He's a wuss." The nurse looked at JC from head to toe.

"Him?" Kaylyn smiled.

"Yeah, he has a bad fear of needles." Nurse Hathaway smiled.

"That's kind of cute. I'll try to make this as painles as possible for him."

"Yeah, a grown man with a fear of needles is cute. Yet, I'm the wife who has to watch him freak out. I feel bad for him."

"It'll be okay. Mr.Chasez, you ready for me to give you an IV?"

"NO!" JC yelled with is eyes still shut.

"You need some fluid in you if you wanna get out of this joint."the nurse explained.

"Let me die here then."

"JOSH!" Kaylyn admonished him.

"You won't even feel it. One little prick and it'll be in your hand. " Nurse Hathaway said.

"The it'll be in my hand and I'll have to stare at it and then kill myslef ripping it out."

"Josh, sweetie , just let the nurse do her job and let's get you feeling better. One needle prick is less painful than a 103 dgree fever." Kaylyn said caressing his hand.

"No."

"What if I promise to hld your hand super tight and keep the needle out of your sight."

"Well that deal doesn't seem so bad, I guess."

"Nurse Hathaway, I think he's ready." The nurse smiled and prepared the needle.

"Close your eyes and squeeze my hand all you want. Once it's in your hand I'll cover your hand up with a blanket."

"You promise."

"Promise."

Nurse Hathaway rubbed some alcohol on JC hand where she would put the needle in. Then she was ready.

"On the count of three it's going in. One!"

JC tightened his grip on Kaylyn.

"Two!" Kaylyn had a spare hospital blanket ready to cover his hand up and felt the tightening grip.

"Three!"

The needle went in."

"Aaahhhhhh! Holy cap that hurts!" JC screamed.

"Sssh, it's okay Jace." Kaylyn cooed.

"Well it looks like it'll stay in unless he tears it out. Good job Mr.Chasez. I'll be back later to check on you and the doctor probably will too. If you need anything please come get me Mrs.Chasez and if any emergency arises hit the emergency button.Get some rest." Nurse Hathaway said and then exited the room.

Kaylyn had covered JC's hand for him and he opened his eyes. She noticed that they were watery. Kaylyn took her thmb and wiped his eyes for him.

"Don't be a cry baby." she said smiling.

"Kay, it hurt and I freaking hate you know what."JC said

"I know baby, but it's over now. You still have a nasty fever and the fluid in your IV will help you hydrate. I'm right here, so go to sleep."

"I love you and thanks for holding my hand."

"No problem. I promised I would."

Then she kissed his forehead and watched him fall alseep.




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki