You & Me (Against the World) by Shari


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon, with clear skies, and nothing but occasional breeze, children were everywhere enjoying the nice weather. Little girls playing dolls and skipping rope, while the boys played Army Commandos and Cops & Robbers while the teenagers hung out at the arcade, the malt shop and the movies.

That exactly where Justin and his buddies where hanging out at the malt shop, watching the girls as they walked in and out of the movie theater across the street.

“So J…I heard Rachel Jacobs give you her number at the party Thursday, come on man we want details.” spoke the outspoken one in the group, Eddie. As the others sat back anticipating Justin answer.

“Come on guys you know a gentleman never tells.” he says in a smooth tone as he got up from the booth, and walked over to the counter to order another shake.

As Justin sat back down with is shake in hand, all them noticed a group of black girls walking to the ticket counter at the movies.

“ They have some nerve,” said Richard with a look of disgust on his face and turned back around.

“Just because of that Supreme Court Decision, they think they can run this town,” said Tyler.

“Come on you can’t talk about J’s play toy like that,” said Eddie, causing all the boys to laugh at once all except Justin who was the least bit amused.

“She’s not my anything, she’s my mother’s maid,” he said defensively

“Come on J, it us, you can tell the truth. We’ve all seen the way you look at her. I mean she is sort of cute if you like black girls” Eddie said putting is arm around Justin’s shoulder.


^ ^ ^

Across the street, Kayla and her girls found their seats, and began their usual gossip before the movie started. “We’re glad you were able to make it, it about time Mrs.Harless gave you and your mom a break,” said Charlene.

“I know we haven’t been out as a group in ages” added Lisa

“It’s good to be out with my girls for once” added Kayla as the lights began to dim indicating the movie was about to begin.

As the coming attractions begin rolling, Charlene lean over towards Kayla. “ So K when was the last time you heard from Jackson?” she whispered. Knowing that Charlene was the gossip queen in the urban community she decided not to tell her the whole truth. “ Yeah, his uncle told me he’d be back next week,” she whispered as the movie began.

^ ^ ^

It was really late, as Kayla sneaked into the house, forty-five minutes after curfew. Taking off her coat and shoes, she tiptoed down the entrance hall, and in to the living room with out making a sound, an advance of sweeping the same rooms day in and day out for the pass three months.

“ A little late aren’t we,” said Justin as he watched Kayla sneak around the corner to her room. Shocked to hear his voice, Kayla turned around slowly turning on a small oil lamp in the corner.

“Evening Kayla” Justin said leaned over the kitchen counter in nothing but a pair of khaki shorts.

“Evening, “ she responded in a shy tone, as she eyes search for a focus point, something other then Justin’s tone, muscular upper body.

Chuckling at her apparent nervousness, Justin finished his glass of milk. Straight up, he turns making his way over to Kayla. Stopping next to her he leaned towards her ear, so close he could smell the scent of her lavender shampoo in her hair. “ Your secret’s safe with me” he whispered in her ear, before going back upstairs.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki