You & Me (Against the World) by Shari


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Coming home, to find the house both dark and unusually quiet. Justin walked cautiously into the living room, flipping the lights to find the room complete disarray.

Scattered vases, broken pictures, furniture thrown everywhere, panicking suddenly realizing his mother should have been home all day. He raced upstairs, to his mother’s bedroom. Standing at the door speechless as he watched Catherine and Kayla nurse his mothers’ swollen lip and purple and blue bruised, left cheek.

“ Where the hell his he?” spoke Justin, his voice trembling with angry.

“Get him out of here!” Lynn sobbingly screamed, covering her face in shame.

Doing as the Misses asked Kayla turning around, proceeding to the door she stepped out the room closing the door behind her.

“She going to be fine, she just a little shook up,”

“Kayla you got to tell me what happened?” as his eyes filled with tears.


Telling him exactly what happened Kayla knew he was going to do something stupid.” Please don’t do anything irrational, your mother needs you to be strong right now” trying to be a voice of reason during this hectic time.


Frustrated with both concern for his mom and building hatred for his stepfather. He was on the verge of losing it; he needed to get out of the house, before he’d did something he might regret later. Backing away from Kayla slowly, he turned around, to leave, slamming the door behind him.


^ ^ ^

Sneaking in though the back to door, just as the sun began rise. Justin was caught unaware, finding Kayla sitting at the kitchen counter reading.

“Good Mornin‘,” she said not looking up from her book, as Justin came inside.

“Good Morning, Justin mumbled as he walked over to the kitchen counter. “Is he here?”

“ No, he never came back,” answered Kayla still reading the book.

“ Your breakfast is in the oven,” she told him. Looking over at her, amused by her contentment in the book, he shook his head as he headed over to the oven to finding his plate of grits, eggs, and bacon. Getting a glass of orange juice, sitting down across from Kayla, he began to eat, hungrily from having missed dinner.

“ How is she?” he asked, not used to so much silence in the morning. Glancing up from his plate to wait for Kayla’s response.

“She couldn’t sleep, she was worried about you, my mother stayed with her though. She fell asleep some time early this morning.” she explained with her head still in the book.

Justin was just about to ask her why she wouldn’t she look at him, when Mrs. Robinson walked into the kitchen. “ Your mother would like to see you now,” said her mother exhausted.

“Thank you,’ said Justin standing to his feet, finishing off his orange juice before he left.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki