You & Me (Against the World) by Shari


Number of reviews: 14
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


 

 

 

Author’s Note: Sorry its taking me so long to update You & Me, but everyone that has entered college will agree with me to just how much of a change it is. It’s taken me some time to get the hang of things and I’m back, and I  will continue to update when time allows. If you like what you read, let me know.                                                                        ~Shari 


 
Sitting  there alone at the edge of Crescent Lake, Justin sat utterly confused as just what to do next. This last week as been the most complex and the most frustration week of his life. Filled with numerous lies to cover up his step-father sudden disappearance   and his mother’s bed-restricting illness. Which was yet another thing that Justin had to deal with along with his mom refusing to  let him or anyone besides Catherine within five feet of her. Not to mention the  newest development of her not eating. He knew how proud his mother was about her social status and even more proud of her seemingly happy home. But for the life of him he couldn’t understand why was his mother continuously putting up with Paul’s violence. It was times like these he wished that his real dad, was still alive. Giving up on analyzing  his mother intentions he lets out a sigh of angst, as he what the sunset.
 
 
Back at the home, Catherine slowly descended the stairs with yet another full tray of Lynn’s favorites that she had  refused. Entering the kitchen, she lets out sigh of frustration as she placed the tray out the counter.
 
“No luck,” asked Kayla, who was sweeping up the kitchen floor.
 
“ Nothing, not even a sip of water.” Catherine told her, as she took as seat at the kitchen table.
 
“ So what are we going to do mama? she’s making herself sick.”
 
“I’m not sure,” pondered Catherine, who was know checking the clock.
 
“That boy isn’t home yet,” Catherine remarked just at the clock turned eleven o’ clock.
 
“ No ma’am do you want me to fix him a plate and save it for him.” asked Kayla.
 
“No! He knows the routine, dinner is served at six every night. If he’s hungry when he comes in he’ll just have to fix himself a sandwich.” Catherine shouts, releasing some of her pinned up frustration.
 
“Sorry, baby. I guess I’m just a little tired.” She told  Kayla as she rubbing her tired eyes.
 
“It’s okay mama, Ms. Harless situation has us all a little tense. How about you go on to bed and I wrap up dinner.” Offered Kayla, walking over to the kitchen counter.
 
“Thank you,  baby. Just may sure you lock up before going to bed,”
 
“Nite mama,” Kayla called out to he mother as she walked down the hall.
 
 
 
Back out at Crescent Lake, Justin  sat in deep thought, unaware to the world around him.  As Kayla walked up beside him, causing him to jump. “Gees, you scared me. What are you doing here?” He asked arrogantly.
 
“ I came here to bring you something to eat,” she said tossing him a wrapped turkey  sandwich into his lap. Not liking his attitude to her presences, she turns and begins the steep climb back up the hill to the path.
 
“ How did you know I was here?” Justin asks, quickly unwrapping the sandwich and then taking a huge bite.
 
“You not the only one that comes out here to get away from their hectic life.” She told him in a matter-of- fact tone. As she took as seat a few feet away from him.
 
“ Hectic lifestyle, what would you know about hectic. All you do is pick up after us, in which you get generously  paid for.” He chuckles to himself as takes another bite of his sandwich.
 
“ Your pathetic. You of all people should know that things are not always what they seem.” She scoffed, standing to leave.
 
Immediately regretting what he said, he stands. Turning around, he could watches her  charge up the hill, obviously upset .  Seeing that this predicament he was currently in at the moment wasn’t just going to go away, and that he need all the help he could get. He decides to apologize, that if he could catch up with her.
 
 
Catching up with her finally as she rounding the corner of the back porch, he grabs her by the wrist. Only to have it snatched away from him, “ Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that, I have no right to judge you or your life.” He says trying to catch his breath.
 
“ Damn right, you don’t have a clue to what me and my mother when though before coming here.” She spat out, walking into the house, apparently still upset.
 
“Your right.” He commented, a little taken back by her boldness. He cautiously  entering behind her, “ Look I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” I was just upset, how about  we start again.” He offers extends in his hand. Seeing that sincerity in his eye, Kayla let it go and took his hand.
 
“See that wasn’t so hard,” he sighed, with a grin of relief. As she sheepishly grinned herself.
 
“Well goodnight, Mr. Timberlake,” she said dropping her hand as she turned to leave.
 

“ Good night, Kayla. And it’s  Justin.”

 


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki