Sinking Companion by justified115


Number of reviews: 42
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter 2

“Ugh… God. Sometimes I wish I was back living with my aunt.” Laney said, recalling the events from the night before to her co-worker, Brenda.

“I don’t get it. He’s like a perfect, extremely sexy angel on TV, and then an ass to you? It really doesn’t make sense.” Brenda replied, shaking her head.

“Do you really think he’s sexy?” Laney asked, a disgusted look crossing her face.

“Hell yeah. I never really saw it when he was younger, but now he’s damn sexy. With the goatee and everything. But hey, his band mates aren’t that bad either.” Brenda laughed. She pushed a lock of blonde hair away from her face, and looked down at her magazine.

“Can’t disagree with you there. JC has aged pretty well over the years.” Laney said, grinning.

“Then why don’t you ask him out or something? You guys are friends. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind taking your pretty ass around somewhere.” Brenda said, raising her eyebrows up and down. Laney snorted, and looked at Brenda.

Although many people told her so, Laney had never thought of herself as pretty. With straight brown hair, she and Justin didn’t look related at all. The only thing that Laney shared with Justin was his piercing blue eyes. Justin’s, of course, were loved by women all across the country. Laney’s were hidden behind a pair of reading glasses. In school, she wasn’t an outcast, but she definitely wasn’t popular. The only time MOST people acknowledged her was to ask her about her brother.

“C’mon Brenda! We’ve been good friends now for a while, and I keep telling you. JC wouldn’t care how pretty or hot I was. He would just consider me “his bud’s sis”. This is not the name I want from him.”

“What do you want? Him to call you like sexy chicken fingers or something?” Brenda asked, trying her best to be serious. Laney looked at her for a moment, trying to figure out whether she was kidding around. When she looked in her eyes, she burst out laughing knowing right away.

“You know, Brenda. One day I’m gonna be too tired to figure out whether you’re serious or not. And I’ll believe you. So don’t do that.” Laney replied, still chuckling.

“All right, well I gotta go finish up this inventory thing or whatever. If I don’t see you before you leave, I’ll talk to you later.” Brenda laughed. She nodded quickly before turning around the corner towards the back.

Laney looked up at the clock. It read 4:39.

“21 more minutes.” Laney groaned, standing up straight, ringing up the next customer.


“Oh come on. You’re pregnant with his kid! Don’t leave him! Argh…” Laney yelled at the TV. She was watching her soap opera, in which she taped while she was at work.

“Oh. This shit again? Gimme the remote Laney.” Justin mumbled, as he barged in, plopping on the couch. He grabbed it from next to her feet, and pushed the stop button.

“What in the world are you doing?” Laney cried, suddenly realizing Justin’s presence.

“Why don’t you just say hell? “What in the world” sounds so…not normal.” Justin replied, not even bothering to answer her question.

“I’ll talk however I want to talk, jerk, but back to my question. Why the heck did you turn my show off?” Laney asked.

“Because I work all day, and I want to come home and watch TV. Not some perverted freak’s version of entertainment.” Justin sighed.

“Work? You don’t work!” Laney laughed obnoxiously, “You sit around all day and sing out of your nose.” Justin rolled his eyes, and tried to ignore her.

“Oh I see, you’re trying to ignore me huh? Aren’t I right? I worked a lot harder than you did today buddy. And most days I do, so don’t give me that “I need to sit and watch TV” bull. You sit all day. If you have a problem with my show, then you can get off your arrogant butt, and watch the other 5 TVs you have in this enormous house.” Laney yelled, taking a deep breath.

Justin took a deep breath, trying not to lose his patience, which was quickly fading.

“You’re getting mad now huh? I can see it in your face. Don’t even try to hide it. You’re a rich little brat, and you’re getting mad that I won’t get up and watch another TV. Well get over it, cause I was in here first. If you would like to watch something other than my soap, than get off you’re lazy “Give me everything I want”, arrogant, butt and make use of other televisions you have in this house. All right?

Justin stood up, and threw the remote across the room. Laney, startled, jumped back, and looked at Justin surprisingly.

“You know what Laney? I can do whatever the fuck I want in my house. As I said, MY HOUSE! Don’t go bossing me around. As I’ve said time and time again, you may live here, but that doesn’t give you the right to boss me around!” Justin shouted, his face turning red.

“But-“ Laney started, before Justin cut her off.

“AND… it doesn’t give you the right to insult me. You’re lucky your ass lives in this house. People are surprised I still let you live here!”

“WHAT!” Laney screeched, “Are you kidding me? People are surprised? Don’t give me that crap. I’m surprised most of your “friends” still even freakin’ hang around with your bigheaded, jerky, attitude! “This isn’t what I ordered! I wanted NO RICE in my meal! I see a piece of rice in there. GET IT OUT OR I’LL GET YOU FIRED!” Laney shouted, trying to mimic Justin as well as possible.

“What the hell are you talking about? You’re such a bitch. Why is that Brenda girl even your friend? Why does she call you? She’s a hot piece of ass, and she wants to hand around with your ugly face all day? That doesn’t make sense.” Justin replied, getting angrier by the second.

“I don’t get it. You have so much going for you, which I find disgusting, and you spend your precious time offending me? What about those millions of other 18 year old girls you haven’t slept with yet? Why don’t you go give them some fun? Then drop them off on the side of the road like you do the rest? Oh, I forgot… because there are just too many messed up girls that think you’re God. Well, aren’t they wrong!” Laney screamed.

“You know what, Laney? I’m gonna leave. I’ll be back in an hour. By the time I get back, you better be in your room with the door locked, so I don’t come in and give you an even harder time? Alright?” Justin asked, as he walked over to the front door. He opened it up, grabbed his keys, and slammed the door. Laney cringed as the house shook from the impact of the slamming door. As much as she didn’t like her brother, she didn’t like all the fighting either. And most nights, this was how their days ended.



Justin shook his head as drove along the highway. What nerve did she have to give him all this stress? He had enough with the new album. Why did she have to be another tough roadblock? He wanted to be nice to her, but things had never been good between them. Why was it always difficult? She was a pain in the ass to him, but she seemed nice to everyone else. Did she have something against him? Was it something he did? Or something he said? Or something he accomplished? He could never understand her. Justin came back to reality, and focused on the road, finding somewhere to think.

He sped up along the road, and pulled off onto an exit. He drove around for a few minutes, before pulling onto the side of the road, parking, and leaning his head back onto the headrest. He sighed heavily, and closed his eyes. He hardly ever got any sleep, and some of it had to do with Laney. He never knew what to do with her. He didn’t want to kick her out, but she wasn’t helping him in any situation. But she was his sister, he couldn’t do that. His mother would have a fit if she were still here. He knew it was the right thing to do, keeping her with him, but sometimes she was too much.

Justin began to drift off, thinking of better times. He remembered when his parents where still alive how much fun they had as a family, but Laney always seemed to stay back. He noticed she had a close relationship with their mother, but it was one of the only relationships she had had.

As Justin was beginning to calm down, he saw a bright light, even beneath the darkness of his eye lids. He opened his eyes, and saw the bright light coming closer through his rear view mirror. As he turned around in his seat, the light suddenly shined on him, and he felt a sudden thrust of the car, before everything went black.



Laney groggily climbed up the steps, wanting to reach her bed quickly. As she got on the top of the stairs, she heard the phone ring. She padded across the carpet in her room, and flopped down on her bed, picking up the phone in the process.

“Hello?” she mumbled into the phone. Once Justin had left, Laney picked up a book, and decided to escape from her reality, and become involved in someone else’s problems. A while had passed, by the time Laney looked at the clock. Justin had been gone for 2 ½ hours, and though Laney was somewhat anxious with him being out so late, she decided to head up to bed. But of course, the phone just had to ring, as she was settling down. Her eyelids were heavy from reading just a few minutes earlier, but she tried to concentrate on the strong voice on the other end.

“Hello… is this Laney Timberlake?” a man asked.

“Yes…” Laney replied, becoming slightly confused.

“Are you the sister of Mr. Justin Timberlake?” he asked. Laney heard small voices in the background, but she wasn’t able to make out what they were saying.

“Yes sir. I am. May I ask what the problem is?” Laney asked, not wanting to hear the real answer.

“Your brother was hit by another car, as he was parked on the side of the road. The impact of the other car sent him forward and he collided with a tree ahead, but”

“Wait… is he all right? Did he get hurt? I mean, is he alive? Is he conscious? Who was in the other car? Was it a drunk driver?” Laney asked, stumbling out question after question. Thoughts were coming to her so fast, and were flooding her brain, making her mind become all jumbled and mixed up.

“Right now he’s at the local hospital. He is unconscious, but the doctors aren’t sure of anything. There are a few of his band mates, as they said, here waiting for him. They asked me to call for you.”

“The guys are there? How’d they get the message? Was he talking to them? Is he going to die? What’s going on?” Laney said. Her brain couldn’t comprehend the situation, and she was suddenly becoming dizzy.

“Well, I’m not sure of too much information now, but I would suggest you make it out here as soon as possible.” the man advised.

“All right, thank you.” Laney replied, hanging up the phone. She froze for a couple of seconds, taking everything in before racing down the flight of steps and running out the front door.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki