Arms of an Angel by LilStephy88


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


His crystal eyes watched the field. Each long blade talked to its neighbor, always having something new and interesting to say. The wind twisted his curls playfully, listening to the conversations going on. The sun blanketed him, caressing his face with warm fingers. Not often did he do this, sit and just watch. It was usually he being watched, but now that he had a feeling of this experience, he wanted to see it from the other side more often. He had been thinking about a lot latley, and now that he had this chance to sit peacefully with only the wind as his companion, he had time to sort out these thoughts.

He was always seen as the player type, bringing home girls everynight, never getting their name. He supposed he had brought this on himself, obeying with every photographer of every magazine, just to get rid of his boyband image. He felt like he was in school again, trying to be accepted by the populars, or the big kids. But he was now realizing, it wasn't what he did, how much he wore, or how much money he spent. It was his talent that people respected, and now, with it being too late to take away various photos, the respect was weakening. What mother wanted their child to watch a man they had heard admit to smoking pot, or getting his picture taking with blood running out of his mouth, a shredded shirt to top it off. Was that really him? Was it what he wanted? Sure he gained more older fans, but the younger ones who looked up to him, what was it saying?

He wasn't a player. Despite those pictures. He believed in love, who doesn't? After the chaos with Britney, he didn't know what was real and what wasn't. After seeing a few people, he didn't know what was what. He figured with Britney he was all set, their lives set on a silver platter, no extra thought involved. But now he was right back at square one with "What is love?" He supposed that when he truly found it, he'd know, right? He wouldn't turn it away...would he?

Then there was his music career. People always wrote about how he sometimes he hated his life, and wished he would have chose a different path. That's not how it is...is it? He took a deep breath and leaned back on his hands, taking in the smell of fresh grass, the shorter blades pricking his hands. Across the field he saw a young girl with who seemed to be her older sister. They were playing on a swing attached to an old tree. Maybe he did hate his life, he could be home watching his brothers grow, but he didn't hate himself for missing that. He just hated the time consumption of his job...if you could call what he did a job, to him a job was a 9-5 work day. What he did was life...or was it? If he had chosen something different, would he be happy? He doubted it. Music was his passion, what he lived for, so he couldn't be completely miserable.

He felt a tap on his shoulder, and a girl about 12 years old stood next to him, hands behind her back.

"Hi." She smiled shyly.

'Great' Justin thought. He'd been discovered, and now she would pull out a camera, take a picture of him and then run to get her friends. So much for peace...

"Hi." He smiled, pasting on a smile.

"You don't have to smile if you don't want too...it's like telling a lie." She stated, sitting next to him, pulling her legs up to her chest.

"You've got a point..." Justin agreed, letting his face relax a bit. "So, what's your name?"

"Emily." She told him, tucking some of her auburn hair behind her ears. "I saw you sitting up here, and I know you probably don't like to be bothered, but this is my spot where I come to think too. So you don't have to notice I'm here."

Justin looked at her, her light green eyes watching the sisters that he had been observing before. She had on a white spring dress, and worn white sandles on her tiny feet.

Their out here whenver the weather is beautiful like this, it's like a painting ya know?" Emily smiled.

"Yeah...hey your about 11 or 12 right?" Justin questioned.

She nodded. "People treat me a lot younger than I act though. I look at things from a different perspective, and they think somethings wrong with me."
"I know how you feel." Justin agreed. People treated him differently because he wanted to think a certain way or say what he really felt.
"I know who you are." She bluntly stated, keeping her eyes on the trees on the other side of the field. "Well, I know the other you, not the Justin thats sitting next to me."

Justin stared at her in confusion. 'Other him?' What did that mean? "What do you mean by 'other me'?"

"I mean, the Justin on tv, in the magazines, with the camera flash permanently attacthed to his eye. The Justin who sings about sex and talks about drugs. I don't know the Justin who came from Tenessee with a dream." She sighed, breathing in the air deep.

Justin was quiet, thinking about her statements. Maybe that was his problem. He was torn between to beliefs and he was lost. He was two different people, and the one he wanted to truly be was blurring with the Justin he had made up. Why was it he didn't realize this? Maybe he was to stubborn...His head tilted sideways as he saw Emily get up, brushing the grass off her dress.

"It was nice speaking with you Justin." Emily smiled, beginning to walk away.

"Hey wait, do you want an autograph or somthin?" He asked her retreating figure.

She shook her head. "Didn't you get anything from what I said? Right now, your just a Justin. Someone who I wouldn't pay attention to if I saw on the streets. Sure I noticed you now, but it's not because of who you are, it's because right now, we're at an understanding with each other. Maybe at a concert when I see the Justin who straps a microphone to himself, and sings sexy tunes to women to sell records, I'll think about an autograph. But now, your just a person I sat and had a conversation with."

She continued walking away, hoping she got through to him. And Justin watched her go, astounded by her words. She turned around one more time, and Justin saw she had a sort of glow to her. Then, to his amazement, she disappeared, glistening away as if the wind had given her up for a moments time, and then wanted her back. He couldn't believe the understanding he had now. He needed to get his life back on track, and it took the help of an angel to get him through his grief. He stood up, with one last glance of the surroundings, and began to walk back to his car. It was time he finally found who he really was, the Justin that could go both places and still be....Justin.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki