Believe by LilStephy88


Number of reviews: 2
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


"What do you mean you're kicking me out?!" Audrey yelled in disbelief.

"You heard me! You're 18 and you've been here long enough, longer then you were supposed to you brat. This orphange is to small to be harboring useless teenagers." The owner shouted.

"But I don't have anywhere to go." Audrey complained with a sigh.

"That's not my problem, you're old enough to deal with it now." The owner snarled. "Here." She said, hastily handing her a twenty dollar bill. "Go invest."

Audrey defeatedly walked outside into the damp, musty streets of New York City. She had no where to go, so she found that wondering was the only thing she could do. There was a slight breeze, giving her a small chill to go along with the fear that was beginning to kick in. She tucked a small peice of her shoulder length black hair that had gotten loose from her pony tail behind her ear nervously, looking both ways, her blue eyes catching every shadow. Where would she go? No one could live on twently dollars.

"Hey you, goth girl." Audrey heard from behind her. She whipped around to face a girl about a foot taller then herself, with cotten candy pink hair coming just under her ears, that were filled with piercings. She was wearing a long black skirt with a dark blue long sleeve shirt.

"I'm not gothic..." Audrey replied, looking down at her babyblue tanktop and jean flares.

The girl seemed to ignore her reply, walking up to her and glaring with her dark brown eyes.

"What are you doing in my ally?"

"Who said this was your ally? I didn't see any signs." Audrey snapped.

"You must be new around here. 'Cause around here there ain't no 'signs'. Territory is territory, and everyone just knows." The girl said, a smirk on her lips.

"Oh...ummm..." Audrey stuttered as she began to look around for someway to get around the girl.

"You know, I like you, kid. What is a peppy teen like yourself doing around here?"

"I got kicked out of the orphanage." Audrey said.

"They've kept you THAT long! Your what, 17...18?" The girl questioned.

Audrey nodded.

"My names Megan, last name not important. Yours?"

"Audrey."

"Well, now that we're aquainted lets go get you some better clothes, your a walking search light." Megan chuckled.

"But all I have is twenty dollars...and isn't everything closed?"

"You have money? I was just gonna take the clothes but I guess we could leave the money there. And yes, places are closed, but its easier to get away with everything at night." Megan told her, rolling her eyes.

"We're going to shop lift?" Audrey said stunned, following Megan as they walked quickly through the streets.

"Yea, duh." Megan replied, stopping in front of a door with a Hot Topic sign on it. She pulled out a key and unlocked the door, glancing around quickly to make sure no one was watching.

"You have a key!" Audrey whispered.

"Yea, again, duh. I come here a lot. And I only had to break in once. They always leave a spare key around somewhere." Megan walked inside. She turned around to Audrey as she was about to walk in. "You aren't coming in. You stay here and keep watch. I'll be out in a minute."

Audrey nodded, and leaned against the cool brick wall of the building. Megan didn't lie when she said she would only be a minute, she was out in what seemed seconds after she went in.

"Ok, come on."

They were again traveling back on the streets, turning every now and then. Left, right, then left again. Audrey tried to keep track but eventually gave up. She about ran into Megan when she finally stopped infront of a large abandoned building.

"Here we are, home sweet home." Megan smiled, and continued to walk into the building.

Audrey remained silent as they walked up a rickety staircase to a room where nothing seemed to be worth looking at. It was a musty room, kind of like in the movie Aladdin. To the right there was a mattress layed ontop of neatly stacked bricks, and to the left there was an old microwave, a rotting coffee table, and two beaten up throw pillows.

"Here take these and go change in the room over there." Megan said, throwing some clothes at Audrey.

Audrey took them into the room where there was a rusting toilet, along with a sink and tub in the same condition. She hurriedly changed into the black baggy cargo pants, and a black quater-lengthed shirt. She came out to see Megan fluffing a throw pillow.

"You better get some sleep, we're gonna have some fun tomorrow night." Megan told her.

Audrey nodded, grabbed the remaining pillow and laid on the ground. As she closed her eyes she wondered why Megan had suddenly accepted her, and Audrey didn't feel she could trust her at all. But this was a place to stay and it was better than a box somewhere outside. She drifted off to sleep, wondering if this was how the rest of her life would be.

* * * * * * * * *

"Hey kid, wake up." Megan lightly kicked Audrey in the stomach.

Audrey groaned, rolling over and slowly opening her eyes.

"What?"

"Come on, time to go have some fun." Megan grinned.

Audrey stood up, surprised she had slept all day. Megan had already began to walk down the stairs, so she shook herself awake and began to follow her. She was contemplating whether to ask Megan where they were going, but decided against it. After about ten minutes of walking they entered a parking lot to a small club.

"Common, we're going around back." Megan said.

They walked around to the back of the club where there were mostly dumpsters, but in the corner by one of the doors, there was a huge bus.

"Can we get in from back here?" Audrey asked.

"Who said we're going in?" Megan said, grinning at the bus. She whipped out two cans of spray paint and handed them to Audrey.

"What are these for?" She questioned.

"We're gonna total the bus stupid." Megan rolled her eyes.

"We could get caught!" Audrey replied shocked.

"No way, this will be fun, come on."

Megan ran toward the bus and went to the one side, Audrey following her.

"You do the other side." Megan demanded, shaking the can.

So Audrey went to the other side of the bus and glanced around to make sure no one was looking. She shook the can hesitantly and thought for a minute about what to put on the bus. At first she just lightly sprayed a couple squiggly lines, but then she put some other things as well. She was about to add more when she heard male voices coming from the other side of the bus. Her eyes widened as she froze and listened.

"Yeah, man, and it was so funny when - oh shit." One said.

"Man, what happened to the bus!"

"We'll look around, this is fresh, whoever did it can't have gotten far." She heard a deep voice say.

Shaking herself to move she began to run but immediatly ran into a large man.

"Ah, so this is the little mischeifmaker." The man glared, taking the can out of Audrey's hand.

"I got another one, she gave me a run, but I got her." Another man said.

Audrey turned around to see the man holding tightly onto Megan as she fought to get away, but eventually gave up.

"You two are in huge trouble."


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki