Simple Possibilities by Tennessee Lovers


Number of reviews: 8
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin rolled over onto his back and stretched his arms over his head, inhaling a deep breath and then letting it out. He curled further into the comforting bed sheets and smiled to himself. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d been this relaxed. If he thought hard enough, he imagined it would probably be sometime around the age of eleven before all of the madness had begun.

He was by no means feeling sorry for himself. He loved his job; he loved the fact that he got to spend his days and nights doing exactly what he was meant to do. It was simply the side effects of the madness that got to him sometimes. The constant photographers, the need to keep up with the trends, having to use back entrances, being sure he didn’t say or do anything that would come back to bite him in the ***.

There was a soft knock on the bedroom door, pulling him out of his thoughts. “Come on in,” he called, pushing himself into a sitting position.

“Hey you,” Riley smiled as she stepped into the bedroom. “I didn’t wake you, did I?”

Justin shook his head. “Nope,” he replied, patting the space on the bed next to him. “How did you sleep?”

“Good, you?” She questioned, settling beside him.

“So well. I don’t think I’ve slept this well in a long time. Thank you so…” Riley cut off Justin’s gratitude with a single finger over his lips.

“Timberlake, what did I tell you about thanking me? And besides, that dinner and IPod was more than enough last night. I did this because we’re friends and I wanted to help a friend in need.”

Justin simply smiled. “So what’s on the agenda today?”

“Well, it’s a beautiful day outside and I thought we could spend it lounging by the lake. My mom’s packing us a picnic as we speak. That sound okay to you?”

“Sounds great. Let me go put on my suit and I’ll meet you downstairs. How’s that sound?”

“Perfect. Meet you there,” Riley smiled as she traveled out of the room and down to the kitchen.

***
“Okay honey, I think you’ve got everything you could possibly need. Did you get towels and a blanket?”

“They’re already in the trunk, mom. Thanks so much for getting the food ready,” Riley smiled.

“No problem Ry.” Mrs. Chansky paused, momentarily in thought. “He’s a sweet boy and he seems really at home and relaxed up here.”

Riley followed her mother’s line of thought. “He does, doesn’t he? I think being away from the press helps. And no one knows he’s here, so he really is free from it all.”

“Sometimes we all need to get away. Hey Justin!” Mrs. Chansky called to the dirty blonde entering her kitchen.

“Morning Mrs. Chan… I mean Kelsey,” he blushed, taking a seat at the island across from the Chansky women.

Kelsey smiled at the man across from her. “Did you sleep okay?”

“Like a baby. It’s so peaceful and relaxing up here. Thank you so much for letting me stay here.”

Riley shook her head at her friend. “I cannot get him to stop saying thank you, mom! I keep telling him there’s no need for thanks, but he keeps saying it!”
“That’s because he’s such a gentleman, sweetie. I think it’s just a part of who he is,” she commented.

Justin stuck his tongue out at Riley before replying, “thank you Kelsey. At least someone understands me.”

“Okay Mr. Pain in the ***, let’s go.” Riley picked up the picnic basket and headed for the front door. “We’ll be back later tonight mom!”

“Have fun you two!”

“Thank you again for letting me stay and for making us all this food,” Justin called on his way out the door.

Kelsey watched her front door closed and smiled to herself. You’d never know that man was a worldwide superstar with his humility, manners and down to Earth personality. She enjoyed having him around and based on the way her daughter had been acting, she enjoyed his company as well.

***
Riley sprawled out on the blanket, adjusting her bikini and exhaling loudly. She turned to her left and took in the muscular, sleeping form of the popstar next to her and smiled. He looked so comfortable, so peaceful you’d never have known the torment and hell he’d been through a mere two days earlier. Allowing her thoughts to wander, Riley couldn’t figure out what on Earth would drive a woman to cheat on this man. He was sweet, charming, funny, caring, intelligent, sexy… god was he sexy. Her eyes roamed over his chiseled upper body, lingering a few extra seconds on the six pack she knew he’d worked long and hard for. Her eyes drifted up to the short curls that he’d grown back. He’d told her numerous times how much they drove him crazy, but Nichole had always loved them so for her, he’d grown them back. She wondered if now that Nichole was over he’d take the razor to the curls she too enjoyed.

Justin cracked an eye open and started to grin. “Eyeing the goods Ry?” he chuckled.

Riley blushed, feigning shock before smacking him in the aforementioned six pack with his waded up tee shirt. “You’re so cocky.”

“Yeah, but you still think I’m sexy,” he said, propping himself up on his elbows and accentuating his pectoral muscles.

“Actually, if I really think about it, compared to say, any of the Backstreet Boys, you’re toast,” she replied, unable to hold in her giggles.

Justin’s jaw dropped open. “Oh you’re so getting it for that!” He lunged at her and began tickling her relentlessly.
“No! Justin, no! Stop! I can’t… I can’t breathe!”

“Good. Then you won’t make anymore heinous comments about the BSB guys being sexier than me!”

“Did I say BSB? I meant 98 Degrees!” Riley cried out, falling into a new set of giggles.

“Oh that’s it,” Justin said before scooping up Riley and heading for the lake in front of them.

Realizing what he was planning and knowing she had no way of stopping him, Riley simply prepared herself for entering the water. Before giving her a good toss into the lake, Justin paused momentarily to grin down at her, giving Riley a momentary hope that she wasn’t about to get drenched. Her hope came crashing down when she felt herself flying through the air before meeting the slightly cold water.

When she surfaced she was met with a **** eating grin on her friend’s face. “You know, I let you come up here to relax, get away from all the stress in your life, let you stay in my home free of charge, eat my mom’s good cooking and what do I get in return? Being rudely tossed into a lake!”

“Aww, sweetie, I didn’t mean it! I just couldn’t help myself. You looked way too hot for your own good! I thought you needed some cooling off!” Justin replied, making his way toward Riley. He reached out, placing his hands on her shoulders. “I’m sorry. Can you ever forgive me?”

Riley didn’t respond verbally, she simply swung her leg out beneath the water knocking both of Justin’s legs out from under him. When he’d successfully lost his balance, she placed both her hands atop his curly head and gave him a big push.

Justin came up sputtering seconds later, wiping his eyes and face of the excess water. “That was so uncalled for!” He lunged at her, shoving her beneath the water.

“So was that!” Riley exclaimed, grabbing Justin around the waist and attempting to pull him under.

“Oh no you don’t girl!” Justin sunk beneath the water and grabbed Riley around the ankles dragging her down.

Not expecting to get pulled under that time, Riley surfaced gasping for breath. Justin’s eyes grew wide as she coughed, trying to get the water out of her lungs.

“Oh god Ry. I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” Justin questioned, closing the distance between them.

Riley nodded, still coughing. Justin approached, brushing the hair out of her eyes and wiping the water from her face. Her coughing subsided and Riley noticed that Justin’s hands hadn’t left the sides of her face. She was now totally aware of the fact that Justin’s firm body was pressed up against hers and his face was slowly moving to meet hers. His eyes moved from her eyes to her lips and back to her eyes. In the split second she considered what was going to happen, she knew it was wrong. He was on the rebound, he was needy and he simply wanted some affection. But before she could push him away and voice those very concerns, his soft lips were on hers and her body betrayed her. His hands pulled her face closer to his as they both sunk into this first kiss. Riley wound her arms around his waist and unknowingly pulled him closer. The couple remained in this liplock for well over a minute before Riley’s senses finally kicked back into reality. She removed her arms from his waist and gave his chest a shove, pulling her lips from his.

“Just… Justin we can’t,” she said, dropping her eyes to the surface of the water. When she lifted her eyes to finally meet his, they met his crinkled forehead and clouded blue eyes.

“I’m sorry,” he said softly turning from her.

Riley reached out for his arm, stopping him. “Justin listen.” His blue eyes lifted to meet hers, the hurt and pain radiating from them. “It’s not that I didn’t like it J. If I said I didn’t enjoy that it would be a complete and total lie. But you’re on the rebound sweetie. You’re hurting and you’re confused and I don’t want to make things worse.”

“Riley, you’re the only thing that’s made me feel better about this whole thing.”

“I think right now, you’re confusing friendship with something else. I don’t… I don’t want to hurt you Justin, but right now, I just don’t think this is the best idea.”

Justin’s thoughts swirled in his head. Once again, he hadn’t thought his actions through before making them, he’d just acted. And look where that had gotten him every other time. He couldn’t deny the fact that Riley was beautiful. And she was everything he wanted in a woman. But she was right. It was too soon. He was still hurting and he missed the feeling of a woman in his arms, so he’d made a move on the first available woman he’d found and now he’d managed to screw up a friendship he treasured.

Riley picked up on the regret in his eyes and smiled at him. “This isn’t going to screw things up with us Justin,” she said softly, placing her hand on his arm, “I promise you that. We’re friends. Really good friends, I think, and I don’t want anything to mess that up, so please don’t let it.”

Justin exhaled the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding and smiled down at the woman in front of him. “Thank you Ry. I’m sorry I risked messing this up. I don’t want anything like this to come between us. Just… thank you for understanding.”

“We’ve all been there. It hurts like hell but I’m here to help you through it whether you like it or not!”

Justin pulled her to him, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Thank you,” he whispered over her skin.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki