Simple Possibilities by Tennessee Lovers


Number of reviews: 8
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Taylor laced her arm through Riley's. "Aren't you excited, girl? A real video shoot! This is going to be so cool!" she exclaimed, sliding her sunglasses over her eyes as they stepped outside the hotel.

"It's definitely going to be an interesting afternoon." Riley glanced at her watch. The girls were running a little later than they'd hoped. Taylor had needed a little loner than usual to get ready due to her excessive fun the previous evening.

"Interesting is right. We're gonna be watching five hot boys fun around and get filmed all day. I can't wait!" Taylor said excitedly as she raised her hand to hail a cab.

The girls pulled up to the beach front location and stepped out. They surveyed the large group of people gathered around a set of cameras and the five men of *NSYNC relaxing on lounge chairs. Riley and Taylor began to approach the men when a large bodyguard stopped them.

"Sorry ladies, this is a closed set."

"Oh, we're, well actually I'm a friend of Justin's," Riley explained.

The bodyguard shook his head. "Sorry. Heard that one before. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"But Justin invited me down here last night!" Riley exclaimed. "Can I just talk to him for a minute?" Desperately trying to explain, Riley noticed Mike moving over toward them. "Mike!"

"Hey Riley! You here to see Justin?" he questioned, walking over to them.

"You know her?" Lonnie questioned, looking at his partner.

"Yeah. She's a friend of J's. Come on in ladies." Mike offered each girl an arm and led them down to where the men of *NSYNC were gathered. "JT! You've got guests!"

Justin's head turned at the sound of his nickname, his face lighting up at the sight of Riley. "Hey girl!" he exclaimed, placing his feet on the sand and walking over to them. "You made it! I wasn't sure you were coming!"

"Oh we're just running a little late. Someone," Riley said, elbowing Taylor, "was a little hung-over from last night."

Taylor blushed before extending her hand to Justin. "I'm the one with the hangover."

Justin clasped his hand in hers and smiled. "Trust me, we all know about hangovers. At least you're doing better than my girlfriend. She didn't even make it out of the hotel room this morning." Upon finishing, Justin turned to Riley and pulled her into a friendly hug. "Good to see you," he smiled genuinely.

"You too Justin. So Nichole's not here?" Justin shook his head. "That's too bad. Taylor really wanted to chat modeling with her."

"Believe me, today is not the day to talk modeling with Nichole. The poor girl can barely open her eyes," Justin commented, pulling up two lounge chairs for the girls to sit on. "Ladies, these are the rest of the members of *NSYNC. JC, Lance, Joey and Chris, this is Taylor and Riley." The girls extended their hands to each of the men, smiling as they shook hands.

"Good to see you again, Chris," Riley said, sitting on the lounge chair next to Justin.

"Pleasure's all mine sweetie. Looks like you and J are the ones that faired the best from last night."

"She always manages to fair well. Must be the teacher in her. She's always sensible when it comes to the alcohol. Me on the other hand? Not so sensible," Taylor replied.

"Sounds like my kind of party girl," Joey grinned.

"Hey guys! We need you back on set!" the director called from behind the camera.

"I guess we've got to do a little more filming," Justin said, as all five stood, "make yourselves comfortable. Watch the shoot, get something to eat or drink," he said pointing to the tent just behind them that appeared to be fully stocked with refreshments, "we'll catch you on our next break, okay?"

"Sounds good," Riley smiled as she and her friend watched the men make their way down toward the water.

***

"So Timberlake, what's the deal with you and this Riley girl?" Joey asked as they stood patiently in the surf.

"Nothin' man, why?"

The other four men looked at the youngest member of the band with suspicion. They'd known him long enough to know that this wasn't just nothing.

JC shook his head, reaching over to place a hand on Justin's left shoulder. "This isn't nothing Justin."

Justin looked to JC with wide eyes before scanning the other three men around him. "What do y'all think it is? We're just friends. We've bumped into each other a few times, we saw each other at Crobar last night and I invited her here today. Guys, I'm with Nichole; I'm happy with Nichole… blissfully happy. I have no complaints. Y'all know I've got a lot of female friends. What's the harm in adding another?"

"He's got a point. The boy's got more female friends than anyone I know," Lance commented, trying to ease then tension off of Justin. But the other members weren't buying it. There was definitely something going on with Justin and Riley and they figured it was only a matter of time before it made it's way to the surface.

***

"So, Riley," Taylor started, leaning back on the lounge chair and covering her eyes with her sunglasses, "what going on with you and Justin Timberlake?" she questioned, being sure to use his last name for emphasis.

"Me and Justin? Tay, that's the most ridiculous thing you've ever asked me! There's absolutely nothing going on with me and Justin! You heard him, he's got a girlfriend that he's happy with. I've seen them together. Trust me, they're happy. We're friends, that's it. Actually," Riley paused to organize her thoughts, "I'm not even sure if we're technically friends yet. Acquaintances I guess."

"So you're saying you don't find him attractive at all?"

Riley pulled her sunglasses from her eyes and sat up to look Taylor straight in the face. "Tay I'm not blind. There's no denying the man's beautiful. And he's got a great personality. He's sweet, funny and the perfect gentleman. So, yes, I am attracted to him, but what woman in their right mind isn't?" She turned from her friend and looked down the beach to the guys. Justin turned and caught her eye and smiled before turning back to listen to the director. "We're just acquaintances with the possibility of becoming friends, okay?"

Taylor shook her head. "Whatever you say Ry."

"What's with the tone? You don't believe me?"

"It's not that I don't believe you sweetie, it's that I'm not so sure that's what he's thinking."

"What does that mean?"

"You're telling me you didn't see the way his whole face lit up when we got here? Or the way he nearly had to tear himself away from you when the director called them back to shoot? Or the way he's watching you right now?" Taylor questioned, noticing that Justin's attention and once again been drawn away from his task at hand and was focused on her best friend.

Riley turned her head just as Justin's turned back to JC who had obviously been trying to get his attention. "You're nuts Taylor. There's nothing going on now and nothing's going on in the future. Think about it. He's mister high and mighty, rich and famous popstar with the drop dead gorgeous girlfriend. What in the hell does he want with an average looking, small town, horseback riding teacher?"

"Stranger things have been known to happen Riley. Believe me."

***

"Baby? I'm back!" Justin called upon entering the hotel room. He could tell from the second he stepped inside that not much had changed since he'd left earlier that morning. The entire suite remained dark, the television off and he'd gotten no verbal response to his entrance. "Nic? You still here sweetie?" He made his way into the bedroom and noticed the small bundle of blankets curled up with a pillow strategically placed over her head. He slid onto the bed carefully, reaching a hand out to move the pillow. "Hey you," he said softly, leaning over her to press a kiss to her temple.

"Hi," Nichole groaned.

"How you feelin'?" he questioned, brushing the few stray hairs from her face.

"Like shit. How do I look?" she asked, attempting to push herself into a sitting position.

Justin assisted her, pulling her into his arms and supporting her body. "Honestly? Not so good. Have you had a shower or anything today?"

Nichole shook her head. "I haven't moved since you left."

Justin kissed her head and pulled her closer. "Why don't I go run you a nice, hot bath and then we'll order some room service and just relax?"

Nichole turned and smiled into his shirt. "You're so good to me. That sounds amazing," she said softly.

"That's because I love you baby," he whispered, tilting her head and kissing her lips. "Stay here, I'll be right back to get you okay?"

Nichole nodded, watching her boyfriend move to the bathroom to tend to her needs. "I love you," she called after him.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki