Simple Possibilities by Tennessee Lovers


Number of reviews: 8
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Justin had called Riley when he got to JFK airport informing her that the only flight that he could get was one that would get into Albany at 11:30. He was tired. Tired from crying. Tired from stress. Tired from work. He rubbed his eyes again, looking at his watch. It was nearing 1 in the morning, and he sat waiting for Riley.

"You better soften up on trying to be really inconspicuous, Justin. I almost didn't recognize you." Riley smiled, referring to the baseball cap pulled over his short curls, and his hoodie pulled up over that.

Justin looked up at the sound of her voice, a genuine smile falling over his features. She was really a sight for sore eyes. Though her blonde locks were thrown up in a messy ponytail, and she was clad in an oversized Syracuse sweatshirt, sweats and flip flops, she was all he needed to see right now.

Justin got up from his seat, stretching his arms out to her pulling her into a tight hug; something he really needed right now, “You don’t know how good it is to see you.” he sighed next to her ear, squeezing her body to his. Justin pulled away, resting his hands on her shoulders, “Now, you promise you have no problem with this, Ry?” His blue eyes squarely looked into her green ones.

Riley smiled up at him, patting his hands that were still on her shoulders, “Justin, I swear. You need a break…a real break.” He smiled back down at her. She was right. He really did need a real break. He need to get away from the fame. Even back home in Memphis, there would always be some photographers lingering around. And at home all he wanted do was get away from being tabloid worthy Justin Timberlake. He knew he’d be in trouble on Monday, but he didn’t care. He reached in his pocket, turned off his cell phone not even thinking twice. He needed this.

He threw is duffle over his shoulder, “Ok then, let’s go.” He smiled, as the two exited the airport terminal toward Riley’s car.

**

“I don’t think I’ve ever driven in a Jetta before.” Justin laughed, looking over at Riley in he driver’s seat.

Riley let out a giggle, “Well you’re missing out. Ferraris don’t compare, ok?”

Justin laughed whole-heartedly, “So Escalades don’t compare either, huh?”

“Definitely not. Escalade? What is that?” Riley laughed, turning up the radio and changing the station, letting out a small squeal when “Summer of 69” came through the speakers.

“I love this song!” As if planned, the two simultaneously looked at each other.
“Well, go ahead, Ry. Turn it up!” Justin pointed to the radio. They laughed, Riley turning up the volume a little more.

“Me and some guys from school, had a band and we tried real hard. Jimmy quit, Joey got married. Should’ve known, we’d never get far.” Riley smiled over at Justin who started singing out loud to the song, “Come on, girl. You love the song, sing it!”

She stuck her tongue out at him, and began bouncing in the seat, singing out loud to the next verse of the song, “When I look back now, the summer seemed to last forever. And if I had the choice, I’d always wanna be there…” Justin smiled over at her before the two of them screamed, “Those were the best days of my life!”

The two laughed, Justin flashing Riley a bright smile, looking out the window watching the surroundings change when Riley took the exit off the highway.

“Man, it’s dark up here.” Justin chuckled.

“It’s great though. At night, you can see every thing up in the sky.”

“So, do you have anything special planned for this Timberlake fugitive weekend?”

Riley smiled to herself, “Well tomorrow is Friday, so I have the perfect idea.”

Justin gave her a dramatic anxious look, “I’m scared.”

She shook her head, letting out another laugh, “Trust me. You’ll have fun.”

Justin and Riley talked about little things the rest of the way to her house, and they reminded each other of the times in Miami that had taken place a month and a half before. Justin’s eyes relaxed at the scenery around him. Although at the moment it was dark and he’d probably get a better view of everything the next morning, he felt free with no worries on his mind. Riley pulled into the long driveway, parking her car behind her father’s Explorer.

Riley turned to Justin who was still looking out the window, becoming acquainted with his new surroundings, “We’re here. Now we have a fugitive back door entrance, which would probably be the best way to go.” She didn’t want to wake everyone else in the house, knowing clearly that if she were to go through the front door, Zeppelin would start barking up a storm.

Justin pulled his duffle from the back seat, following Riley toward the back entrance to her house. While she dug through her purse for the house keys, Justin looked down toward the dock, and out at the lake.

“Ry, It is beautiful up here.” Justin turned back to her.
“Told you.” Riley smiled quickly up at him, opening the door to the house. She let her eyes adjust to the darkness of the back foyer, leading Justin inside. “I think my parents are awake.” She looked at him, her voice just above a whispering tone. She pointed toward the kitchen where she saw the lights were turned on.

“Did we wake them up?” Justin asked in the same tone.

“I doubt it. They were probably waiting for us to get back.”

Riley smiled walking into the kitchen, her eyes falling on her mother and father sitting at the island in the kitchen. Kelsey and Erik smiled at their daughter and the tall curly haired man behind her. “We told you we were going to wait up for you, Riley.” Kelsey got up from her seat, embracing her daughter in a hug, Erik getting up and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

“How was the drive?” Erik smiled down at her, then looking over at Justin.

“Not bad.” Riley retorted, turning back to Justin, “Mom, Dad, this is Justin.” she smiled, watching Justin’s smile grow from ear to ear, his hand outstretching to her mother and father.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Justin.” Kelsey smiled, “I’m Kelsey, so don’t even think about calling me Mrs. Chansky.” Justin laughed, “And this is Erik.”

Justin took Riley‘s father‘s hand in his, shaking it proudly, “And don’t think about calling me Mr. Chansky, Justin.”

“I really appreciate y’all letting stay her for a few days.” Justin beamed at the two adults in front of him, “I think I annoyed Riley at the airport making sure everything was ok.” He chuckled, placing his arm around her shoulders.

Erik let out an honest laugh, “You’re always welcome here. Don’t worry about it.”

Kelsey laughed along with her husband, running a hand through her blonde curls, “But just thank God that our younger daughter went to sleep at a friends house tonight. Because if she was here, I think the whole neighborhood would’ve been woken up by her screaming.”

“Yes, Justin. Thank God.” Riley looked up at him, giggling.

“Riley told me she’s a big fan, huh?” Justin laughed.

“You have no idea.” Erik shook his head, laughing along with him, “But listen you two, I think you both should get some rest.”

“I agree. You two look beat.” Kelsey acknowledged, “It was so nice meeting you, Justin.” Kelsey smiled again at him, shaking his hand again.

“You too, Kelsey.” Justin smiled, shaking her hand in his. Kelsey kissed Riley’s cheek before she retreated back upstairs to bed.

“Have a goodnight, Justin.” Erik patted his shoulder, turning to Riley. “Night, honey. Love you.” Erik kissed her forehead, following his wife up to bed.

Riley let out a long sigh, “Mom’s right. You look beat.” She giggled.

“You don’t look so hot yourself.” Justin pursed his lips together, trying to stifle his laughter when her mouth gaped open.

“Come on, smart-***,” Riley began, tugging at his arm, “I’ll show you the guestroom.”

Justin dropped his duffle on the floor, turning to the blonde standing in the doorway, “Come here.” Justin opened his arms. Riley obliged with a smile before resting herself against his chest, wrapping her arms around his back. Justin brought his lips next to her ear, “Thank you again, so much.”

Riley’s voice muffled against his chest, “You’re welcome.” She smiled up at him.

They pulled away, and Justin pressed a kiss to her cheek, “Goodnight, Ry.”

“Night, Just.” Riley smiled, retreating toward her own room next door.

**

Justin ran the towel through his short brown curls and then back down his back. He was standing in the guestroom in just a pair of jeans. He rubbed some gel in his hands, scratching his fingers through his mess of curls. He slung the towel around his neck, looking out at the lake through the window. He smiled to himself, loving the way he felt up here. He loved the way the house smelled. He almost felt at home.

He sat on the bed, pulling socks over his feet and putting on an Abercrombie t-shirt. He didn’t have a clue what Riley had planned for them to do that day, so he wasn’t really sure how to dress. He walked to her room, the door ajar and he saw her standing in front of her mirror that was hanging on her closet door. She had on a pair of jeans that looked really worn in, and a just a light green t-shirt. She wasn’t dressed much different than he was, so he figured they were probably going out shopping or something. He lightly knocked on her door.

“Hey, Justin. Come in.” Riley smiled, opening her closet and pulling out a pair of short working boots, “You ready?”
“Yeah, I think.” Justin laughed confusedly.

“Do you have a pair of Timberlands, or anything? Some kind of boot that you don’t mind getting dirty?”

Justin’s eyes widened slowly, “I’m really scared now.”

Riley laughed, “They aren’t going to get that dirty.”

Justin walked back into his room, and put on his Timberlands, “Is this ok?”

“Perfect. Ok. Let’s go.” Riley smiled, Justin following her downstairs, and out to her car.

**

Riley turned up a rocky road, turning to Justin watching the expressions on his face. After a five minute drive up, they reached a landing and Justin’s eyes fell on paddocks, and a barn. Riley turned to Justin after she parked the car, “I told you I teach horseback riding to kids, right?” A smile came over Justin’s southern features, “You’ll have fun, come on.” Justin toggled behind Riley around the side of the barn toward the entrance. She opened the door, smiling when she saw the six young children waiting for her. “Hey guys!” Riley smiled, bending down to their eye level, the children enveloping her frame in hugs.

Morgan, the oldest out of the six in her class spoke up first, “Riley, can I please ride Magic, today, please?”

Riley smiled at the little brunette, “Hmm, I think you’re ready enough.” Riley laughed when the 11 year old threw her arms around her neck, “Ok, did everyone ready the chart about who is riding who today?” She watched their tiny heads nod replies, “You guys are so awesome. Well, before we start tacking up, I want you all to meet a very good friend of mine. Everyone, this is Justin.”

Justin smiled at the young children, “Hey guys!” Justin knelt next to Riley.

Morgan’s brown eyes widened, her small voice sounding bigger than she did, “You’re Justin Timberlake!” Justin laughed, pulling the small girl into a hug. Riley let the kids have a meet and greet with their new friend, then helping the kids tack up the horses and out into the ring.

“This is so great Riley.” Justin smiled at her, then turning his attention back at the kids on the horses trotting around the ring, “I would’ve never guessed doing something like this.”

“I told you you’d have fun. I wanted you to meet these kids.” Riley smiled, carefully watching Morgan and Leslie, whom she put on more advanced horses that morning.
“I’m really glad you brought me here.” Justin’s blue eyes penetrated her green ones. He gave her a smile that he was beginning to think was a smile that only he gave her. It was a smile that really showed her the way he felt right then and there at any moment when he was with her.

“I’m glad you came.“ Riley smiled back at him.

Riley waved to the rest of the parents that left with the kids when their lesson was over. She looked at her watch and smiled. It was just about 2 in the afternoon, and she looked over to find Justin running his hand over Ferris’ snout. The thoroughbred nudged Justin’s chest, “He likes you.” Riley giggled. Justin smiled, still running his hands over the horse’s face, “Tack him up.” Riley ordered, opening the stall door.

“What?” Justin looked at her semi-wide-eyed.

“We’re going riding. Tack him up.” Riley took hold of Ferris’ halter, leading him out of the stall and patted his neck, “Justin, you looked petrified.” Riley laughed, “You come from a southern state and they don’t teach you to ride horses down there?” She still giggled at him, lingering to the side.

Justin scrunched up his nose, “I’m more of a golf guy.”

Riley rolled her eyes, and shook her head, “No excuses.” She placed the saddle over the horse’s back and she tightened the girth, “Go on, get on him.” She stood behind Justin, watching him grab both sides of the saddle and hoisting himself up onto the horse, “How are your stirrups?”

“Would you act for a second like I don’t read ‘Horse Lovers’ magazine.” Justin laughed down at her.

“Funny.” Riley shook her head laughing with him. She adjusted his stirrups, pushing his feet into them. She pulled her horse out of the stall who was already tacked up and she got on him, “Ok, Justin you can’t go that way unless you want to run into the wall.” Riley giggled, “Turn him around.” Justin eased the reins to his left, Ferris turning toward Riley as the two began out of the barn and up the mountain on the trail.

Riley trotted next to Justin who looked almost stiff in the saddle, “You’ve fallen off a horse before, huh?”

“Yeah.” Justin’s cheeks turning a slight crimson color, “I was like 16 or 17 and we were shooting a video on the beach and we all had to ride horses. Well mine didn’t like me I don’t think and I fell off.”

Riley tried to stifle her laugh, “J, it’s ok. I’ve fallen off plenty of times. No worries.” She reached over to his hands that were gripping the reins for dear life, “You have to relax. He’s not going to hurt you.” Riley squeezed his hands and Justin took a deep breath, easing back in the saddle, “Come on. Give him a little kick.” Riley smiled, cantering ahead of him.

**

“Ok, I think I’m going to jump in the shower.” Riley said, as the two walked into the house a couple hours later, “I’ll be out in about 10 minutes, and then you can clean up if you need to.” She said smudging the bit of dirt that was on his cheek.

Justin chuckled, “Can I go get a drink?”

“Of course!” Riley smacked his arm lightly. She ran upstairs, closing the bathroom door behind her.

Justin walked into the kitchen, finding Kelsey starting to cook dinner, “Hi there, Justin.” Kelsey smiled at him.

“Hey.” Justin smiled, “Mind if I get something to drink.”

“Please, are you really asking that question?” Kelsey looked at him, her hand on her hip, “Iced tea, ok?”

“That’s fine.” Justin smiled, Kelsey pouring the him a glass and placing it in front of him.

“So, did you have fun?”

“I had a great time. Riley is amazing with kids.”

Kelsey nodded a reply, thinking of her daughter, “That she is. She loves them. Did she make you get on a horse, too?” Justin only had to look at her before she knew the answer, “I knew she would. Probably why she didn’t let you know where she was taking you.” She turned back to the stove, stirring the sauce in the pot.

“Listen, Kelsey, I know that you’re making dinner and all, but I actually was going to ask if it was ok if I took Riley out for dinner.” Justin looked at her, taking another sip of the iced tea.

Kelsey turned back around to him, a smile beaming over her face, “Justin, honey, of course it’s ok. I don’t mind at all.”

“I should have told you earlier before you started making all this food.”

“It’s perfectly fine, Justin. No problem at all.” She smiled, “Where are you taking her?”

“I called this morning before she got up, and I made reservations at High Rock.”

Kelsey eyes grew, “Justin, wow. That’s a beautiful restaurant.”

“I thought it would be a really nice way to make up for her inviting me here for the weekend.”

“Although I doubt she thinks you need to make anything up to her.” Kelsey smiled, “She’ll be really happy, Justin. That’s so nice of you.”

Justin finished the iced tea, “Well, I better start getting ready.” Justin exited the kitchen and up toward his guestroom. He stuck his head into Riley’s room, going to tell her the plans for that night. He knocked on the door lightly.

“I’m in the closet.”

He walked into her room, seeing the closet door ajar, and a blonde flipping through clothes, “Ry?”

Brynn walked out of the closet, a few shirts in her hand. She looked up toward the male voice, the shirts falling out of her hand. “Oh my God.”

Justin smiled genuinely at the blonde who was a spitting image of her older sister, “You must be Brynn.”

“Oh my God.”

“No, Justin.” Justin laughed, sticking out his hand, “Nice to meet you.”

Brynn’s wide green eyes still remained on Justin, shaking his hand, “Riley!”

Riley ran into her room, a robe wrapped around her body, her saturated blonde hair sticking to the sides of her face, “What?” Her eyes met the newly acquainted pair, and then on Brynn’s expression.

“Is it, uh, my birthday?” Brynn managed to get out, still shaking his hand.

“B, Justin is the guy that I met in Miami.” Riley smiled.

“Shut up.” Brynn’s mouth gaped open. Riley just laughed at her younger sister, “Did she tell you that I’m one of your biggest fans?” Brynn looked crookedly at him.

Justin nodded, pursing his lips together, letting out another smile, “She did.”

“Ok, I have to call like a million people now. Wow. Oh my God.” Brynn squealed running out of Riley’s room, and into her own slamming the door behind her.

“What you were expecting?” Riley turned to Justin.

“Pretty close,” Justin snickered, “Hey, Ry, listen. Make sure you get dressed up tonight.”

“Why?”

“Because now I have a surprise for you.” Justin crossed his arms over his chest, smiling proudly.

“Dressed up, how?”

“If you have a nice cocktail dress, that will work. I’m going to go get ready. I’m coming back here in a half hour, so you better be ready.”

“Yes, mom.” Riley laughed, shooing him out of her room. She thought about anything similar to what Justin was talking about to wear. Then she remember Miami, and that night at Crobar, “Yeah, I’ll wear that.” She smiled to herself.

**

“Justin, this is too much. I can’t believe you took me here.” Riley beamed at him, taking another sip of her champagne. She didn’t expect any of this. When Justin told her he was going to take her to dinner, she thought it would be some little Italian place in town, “I don’t know what to say. Thank you.” She smiled at him.

“I should be thanking you a million times over for letting me stay here.”

Riley put her hand on top of his, “Justin, I already told you, it’s nothing.”

Justin took her fingers in his and squeezed them, enjoying this moment. He couldn’t remember the last time he could take a girl to lunch or dinner that wasn’t his girlfriend and have cameras going off everywhere, and the tabloid the next printing headlines that he was some kind of playboy. Justin reached down next to him and picked up a small bag, “I got this for you too.”

“Timberlake, what did I say?”

“Just open it.” He quieted her, ushering her to open the gift.

She reached into the bag and pulled out a box. She opened the box and her smile that was already on her face when she started opening the gift, grew when she revealed the contents inside. She looked at him smiling, feeling the pink iPod in her hands, “Justin.” She began.
“Go on, turn it on.” Justin smiled. Not even putting the headphones in her ears, she began scrolling through the songs that where being displayed on the screen. She giggled, scrolling through every *NSYNC album, and Justin’s album, “It’s so you always think of me.” Justin smiled, “And there’s one more song that I need to put on there.” Riley scrolled to the end of the list and started laughing when it landed on ‘Summer of 69’.

“You’re good.” Riley laughed.

Justin leaned back, stretching his arms, “I know.” He winked over at her.

“Justin, this is so amazing. Thank you so much.” She leaned over, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Justin couldn’t help but let his eyes close. Right now, he couldn’t remember the last time he had felt this happy.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki