Everything He Never Wanted by mourningnovember


Number of reviews: 78
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Chapter Seven: Lies, Deceit and Plastic Rings…Oh My!

Various men and women scuttled about an extravagant stage, carrying boxes, metal tins, cords and wires “ every single one of them had a certain job to do and they were all trying their absolute best to see that it got done in the best possible way. If you were standing on that stage, it would be quite easy to spot two figures sitting side by side in the metal chairs; the hustle and bustle taking place around them going unnoticed as they buried themselves into a deeper conversation.

“She broke it off?” Ella questioned softly, trying to reverence the silence of the man beside her.

Justin simply nodded, “yeah...when she was getting ready to board the plane “ it was just like the movies, you know? Her hair blowing in the wind while she took my hand and whispered that it just wasn’t going to work anymore…” he paused to chuckle, “that’s how it happened…and you know, part of me expected it, because I was acting like a jerk” He continued to pour out his thoughts on the situation and Ella sat quietly beside him and listened without giving her two cents in to the conversation. His rugged curls were covered by a beanie and his torso was wrapped in a fleece sweater while his legs were left bare in a pair of shorts and subject to withstand the coldness of the large arena. She couldn’t make out the features of his face, but she could tell he was downcast by the lowness of his voice, “And you know…” he continued, “I think I’m just in this place where I don’t care about anything “ I feel so melancholy all the time…its almost like life has gotten…boring and repetitive”

Ella almost spoke soothing words before she gave in to what was really tugging at her tongue, “life is only boring if you make it that way” she stated plainly, leisurely plopping her legs down on the chair in front of her.

Justin muttered something under his breath and then scoffed, “You know Ella…when I first met you…I thought that you were freaking crazy…I mean, there’s not a person on earth who can be weird ALL the time…but you are!” he paused and turned to face her, “Do you ever just let people sulk?”

She paused and looked down at her hands. The ragged pieces of skin were pink and torn from the stressful weekend she had experienced…the habit was haunting her again. Picking her head back up, she sighed, “Probably not”

“Yeah…probably not” he said, “Don’t you realize that sometimes it feels GOOD to wallow in…in…pain?”

“How? Why wallow in pain when you can be happy?” she placed a smile on her face and clicked her tongue, “If your just having a pity party, then invite someone else, Justin “ there are better things I can do with my time then let you spill out your sorrow…and your confusing! One minute you’re telling me that you could care less that Maddie broke up with you, and the next you’re drowning in an ocean of bitterness and depression!”

“Cant you just be a FRIEND and listen to me when I don’t make sense? God knows that’s what I do whenever you open you’re big mouth” Justin spat, burying his arms in the pocket of his sweater, “Just go Ella, I’m sorry that I’m not peppy enough to be your friend today”

Ella brushed her bangs out of her eyes and sighed. She diverted her gaze back to Justin, who was now looking as if he was about four years old. His lower lip was hanging low enough to touch his chin and his eyes were furrowed in stubbornness. She almost laughed - almost. With another of those long and drawn out sighs, she rested her head on the back of the chair and whispered softly, “I’ll listen”

“Don’t stick around because I made you feel guilty”

He said that phrase with suck a cocky tone and Ella absolutely loathed it. It was this grimy sounding voice…like he was so high and mighty and was forcing himself to talk to a lowly…a lowly villager. But she stayed where she was and begun digging around in her pockets. Feeling what she needed, she buried the change in her palm until she had her hand hovering over his. When his icy blue stare met her gaze and then rested on her hand, she could have sworn that she saw a smile tug at his pouty features. It took him a few moments to actually do it, but finally his palm was open faced and Ella smiled as she dropped about four dimes, two nickels and a quarter into his hand, “seventy five cents for your thoughts”

This time he laughed, it wasn’t chuckle either “ it was one of those laughs that reached the very tips of your toes and then came all the way back up to your eyes without losing any momentum. He chuckled to himself for a few more moments and then looked at Ella who was staring at him as if he had lost his mind, “that’s going to be a long standing phrase isn’t it?” he said, in a normal voice…a voice that was friendly and comfortable…soft, and…inviting.

“I think so” Ella said, playing with the ends of her hair as she watched him transform moods right before her eyes - typical Aquarius.

“Well, I kind of like it” he said with a nod of his head, “I think we should “ no pun intended “ coin it as our official phrase”

Ella’s shoulders shook with laughter, “you are so corny!”

Justin smiled, “I know” he looked around for a few moments and then glanced at his watch, “hey…I don’t have to be on for another two hours “ you wanna go somewhere?”

“You think they’ll actually let you escape prison?”

“They can’t make me stay” he said with a confident expression, “Come on” he took Ella by the hand and began leading her out of the arena to a side door of the massive building. He had no idea what he was doing. All he knew was that he wanted ice cream. And he wanted to eat it with her. She laughed this contagious laugh, and he looked at her and tightened his grip on her hand, “what’s so funny?”

“In all honesty” Ella pushed him when he rolled his eyes and continued, “In all honesty “ the death grip you have on my hand is starting to hurt”

“Oh” he chuckled, and loosened his grip, and then dropped her hand from his, “sorry about that”

She looked at the redness of her palm and nodded, “No problem” continuing their trek through a small side street downtown, Ella stayed in stride with Justin who seemed to know exactly where he was going, “If I can ask…where exactly is it that we are going?”

“We are going to eat the best ice cream in the world” Justin said, “I know exactly where it is…and they should let us eat in peace…” he stopped and looked around, “it should be nearby here…” squinting into the sunlight, Justin’s face finally read a sense of recognition and he pointed to a shop not far from them “there it is, Grater’s”

“Grater’s?”

“The best ice cream…do you like chocolate?”

Ella sighed, “Stupid question”

He chuckled, “I should have known” they neared the door, and Justin opened it for her with an effortless attempt to look suave.

Ella didn’t miss the way that his cheeks were flushed from the cold air outside and she smiled when he shivered as they neared the counter. He looked as if he was going to freeze, and he was in the sudden mood for ice cream. Before she knew it, Justin was in a deep conversation with what looked to be the manager, and within seconds, whatever customers that had been in the shop were ushered out, the front door had been locked, and the blinds lowered. Ella was shocked. He definitely meant that they would be eating in privacy. She raised her eyebrows, “impressive”

Justin laughed, “Tell me about it…but hey…I am THE JU-“

“Shut you’re cocky ass up, pretty boy” Ella said, putting her hand over his mouth, “just when I think that you have grown out of your arrogant ways, you go and say something like that”

He ignored her and turned his attention back to the man who was watching the two of them with an eerie gaze, “thanks so much Mr. Grayson” Justin said to the man after he had handed Justin two large cones of ice cream.

“You didn’t ask me what kind I wanted” Ella said with a pout, glaring at the flavor he chose with a curled lip.

“I got you my favorite. You’ll like it” Justin assured her, handing her the cone.

Ella gave him a look and sighed, “Guess so” she muttered.

“I don’t want to hear you sulk after you just gave me this huge long speech in there about being bratty” Justin said with defensive hands raised.

“I’m not sulking! But they have DOUBLE chocolate and you just got some kind of white stuff”

“Just taste it, Ella” Justin said with a groan, “don’t be so difficult about everything”

“I’m not difficult about everything” she annunciated, drawing out her words as Justin watched her intently, waiting to see her reaction after she tasted what he had handed her. Drawing the cone to her lips, she took a big bite out of her ice cream and waited until she could taste its full flavor before smiling into the air, “This is SO good!”

“Told you!” Justin said with a satisfied exuberance, “I knew you would like it”

“Its not double chocolate, but it’s good…” Ella said, chomping another chunk out of her ice cream. Justin paused and then looked at her with widened eyes, “what?” she asked him, wiping a hand over her mouth in fear that she had wiped an entire swipe of chocolate across her face.

“How do you BITE into ice cream?” he asked, bewildered, “Doesn’t it hurt?”

She gave him a bored look and took another chomp and shook her head, “No”

Justin watched her closer, her mouth opening wider with every bite she took. She slurped on the ice cream as she bit into it and the corners of her mouth were wet with the melted pieces that hadn’t quite made it into her mouth. “It’s not too attractive” he commented, causing her to look up from where she was intently eating.

“Excuse me?”

“I said “ it’s not too attractive…licking is much sexier”

Ella scoffed, “And what gave you the idea that I want to be sexy?”

“Don’t all girls want to be sexy?” Justin asked, “Deep down “ be honest “ do you want to be sexy, Ella Tennyson?”

Ella sighed, and looked at him, his curious eyes peering over her as he smiled evilly, “No “ I don’t” she looked down at her oversized oxford and shrugged, “its just not me…and I don’t see the point “ there’s more to a girl than how well she wears a mini skirt”

“Not always” Justin said with a gleam in his eyes.

Kicking him under the table, Ella took another bite of ice cream, “you are so typical”

“And you are so weird”

“I’ve never denied it” Ella said with a smile, “and I never will “ I’m quirky Justin, and SOMETHING in you likes it “ otherwise you wouldn’t spend so much time with me…believe me, there are other more entertaining people than I…like fellow guys and you’re definition of “hot chicks”…but yet you choose to hang out with me, of all people on this tour?”

Justin paused and shrugged, “I guess I just like you, Ella…I mean, I still go out to clubs and everything, but it’s just hard to do on a tour of this caliber”

“Yeah, Justin, but I’ve heard stories about you “ you’re some supposed “playboy” who’s with a different girl every night, but it would take more than my two hands to count the nights you’ve spent chatting with me on some hotel rooftop”

He took a liking to staring at his ice cream cone and finally looked up, “I…I guess I can be honest?”

“Yes” Ella hadn’t noticed that their conversation had grown so serious until Justin had begun stuttering and continually taking off his beanie, only to put it right back on again.

“I know it sounds so overshot and so…stupid...but I guess…I guess what I can say is that you’ve made an impression on my life, Ella “ I mean, I would rather chill with you and talk about silly things like your incredible love for Lucille Ball and my infatuation with sneakers” he stopped to chuckle and then continued, “I would rather do that then go out and get trashed “ even my MOM can tell a difference”

Ella smiled and she took Justin’s empty hand and squeezed it, “I’m glad that you feel that way” she whispered, “because you’re too good of a person to waste you’re life away getting drunk at some club”

“Thanks for the compliment”

“Don’t get a big head”

“Too late” Justin said with a wink, and with a mischievous grin began twiddling his thumbs.

Ella gave him a fearful look and sighed, “Just say it “ I know you want to”

Justin nodded his head and put a debonair look on his face, “and another reason why I hang out with you ““

She took back her assuming expression and looked at him with wide eyes. The compliments just kept on coming!

“You are the only girl I know who can make a pair of gaucho pants look sexy”

Ella kicked him under the table again and tried to hide her blush by plopping her head down on to the table, “You’re so…stupid”

Justin smiled and patted her head before looking at his watch regretfully and then back towards her, “I have to get back for a sound check…but I want to give you this first “ I was GOING to give it you earlier, but since you had to be a…never mind “ anyway…” Ella watched as he dug around in one of his pockets and burst into a smile when he found what he was looking for. Clamping whatever it was that he had gotten her inside of his fist, he instructed her to close her eyes and wait, “I hope you like it” he said, taking her hand and outstretching her palm with his fingers. He kept the treasure inside of his hand for a moment before dropping it into hers, “open ‘em!” he said excitedly, waiting to see the look on her face.

Ella squealed in delight at the purple ring that he had dropped in her hand; it was glittery and made of the most valuable kind of plastic - the kind that came from a Cap’n Crunch cereal box. She outstretched her arms around him and squeezes his torso before letting him go and instinctively placing the ring onto her left finger, “I do say, Justin “ you really have great taste” she fluttered her eyelashes and waved her hand around in front of his face.

He shook his head and laughed, “I had no idea you would be THIS excited”

“Oh, Justin “ you have no idea “ I used to LOVE these when I was a little girl. I had a collection of them actually, but when we moved, they got trashed by my DAD who thought that they were too young looking for me…” she sighed and looked at the ring again, “thank you so much…”

Justin smiled, “your welcome “ it just reminded me of you…so, I, uh…I wanted to give it to you”

She smiled at him and nodded, “it means a lot!”

Silence rested above them for a few seconds and Justin watched as she twirled the ring strategically around her finger…she was mesmerized by it and he would have given himself a pat on the back if he could have torn his eyes away from her. Shaking his head clear of any of those kinds of thoughts, he smiled, “I need to get back to sound check”

Ella nodded, also breaking out of her trance on the ring, “I need to see if they have me on ‘water’ duty tonight”

He laughed, “You like that job don’t you?”

“It gives me something to do “ and it is rather enjoyable…do you know that Todd, one of you’re dancers, drinks like seven bottles before he goes on?”

“That’s impossible!”

“I swear!” Ella said with a high pitched laugh, “and every intermission, he comes running towards the bathroom…I always say, “Todd “ maybe you shouldn’t drink as much tonight, buddy” and he says, “I have a large bladder”…and I’m like, “Whatever”…and every night he comes a running” Ella said, “the boy will never learn”

Justin chuckled and turned his undivided attention away from Ella long enough to say good bye to the manager and to tip him a hefty sum for his generosity. They were ushered out a back way because word had been spread that Justin Timberlake was at the ice cream shop with some girl, and a crowd had formed outside of the doors. It was a small alley that they were now walking in, and Justin tried to hide his nervous glances every time a girl would let out a piercing shriek of some sort.

“You okay?” Ella asked, noticing the way that his eyes were continually glancing around him, like he was waiting for someone to pop out and scare him to death.

“I’m just a little nervous…the fans aren’t as extreme as they were when I was with Nsync…but there’s an occasional one who thinks she can rip your head off and it wouldn’t hurt” he said with a shrug.

“Was it really bad?”

Justin nodded, “I’ll never forget it…sometimes…sometimes I was so scared. Even with body guards around, you feel so vulnerable to these thousands of girls who are coming at you like they are out to get blood” he paused, as if deciding whether to mention something. After a second of silence, he continued, “I’ll never forget “ this one time, we were at an outside venue, and I decided to walk around backstage and see what mischief I could find…” he swallowed and sighed, “apparently I walked out of bounds or a girl had made her way back there, and she was big “ I don’t mean it in a discriminating way “ but she was big, and she looked like she was going to eat me!” he laughed and shook his head, “its funny now “ but at the time…being back there all alone, with some girl who looked like she was going to rape me…I was freaked out! And I had a reason to be, because within about a second of my standing there, she came stampeding at me and literally knocked me down to the ground and started pulling at my hair” he shuddered and touched the back of his head, “she actually ripped a patch out!” his voice lowered and he leaned closer towards Ella, “I cried like a baby”

Ella smiled, “is that when you shaved it?”

“No “ that’s when I walked around with a hat permanently attached to my poor head “ and then I shaved it” he smiled and nudged her; “you actually knew when I shaved my head? You must be more entertainment savvy than I thought”

“Justin “ I couldn’t walk into a grocery store without seeing you’re face on some magazine “ that hair cut made headlines, baby” she said in remembrance, “even Nicola commented about it…I shouldn’t tell you this, but she had a big crush on JC”

“Ahh…sounds like I have some blackmail material now!” Justin said with a smile. He paused and pondered whether or not to bring the subject up. He decided to go for it. “Hey “ speaking of Nicola…what do you think about her and Gavin?”

“Is there a reason to think something?” Ella asked inconspicuously, not planning on giving anything away that Nicola and Gavin had kept secret.

Justin rolled his eyes, “Don’t even act like you don’t know! Gavin told me that they kind of had some hot make out session”

“Nicola said it was a simple KISS and that she pulled away “ that just shows that guys think they have to exaggerate EVERY little THING” Ella said with a throwing of her hands into the air.

“Maybe Nicola just didn’t want you to know how steamy it got” Justin said with raised eyebrows, “I think Gavin is more of a kiss and tell than Nicola is” he flaunted, twirling a finger in the air with ease as they rounded a corner that would bring them back onto the sidewalk.

“Oh, SHUT UP!” Ella said, shoving him away from her as they walked towards the closer approaching arena.

Justin cackled in laughter and stepped alongside Ella again, “Come on Ella “ you know you want to know what Gavin said…I know you’re nosier than you act!”

Ella crossed her arms and stopped in her tracks, “if something happened, Nic would have told me “ besides, Nicola has her boundaries “ she is engaged”

“If people have affairs when their married, I highly doubt that engagement ranks higher”

“Well “ if Nicola and Gavin did something more than kiss, then I’ll wait until she feels more comfortable in telling me” Ella raised her head high and Justin laughed as he walked alongside her. Ella kept peering over at him, her eyes going back and forth from his face to the path ahead of her. He had begun humming one of his own songs and she rolled her eyes and continued walking, her pace picking up ahead of him. When he caught up with her, still humming his stupid tunes, she stopped in her tracks and yanked on his arm, “OKAY! Tell me what you know!”

“Ella? I thought you wanted Nicola to tell you what happened” Justin said with innocence, “I would just HATE to ruin you guy’s friendship”

Ella sighed, “Justin…”

“Okay, I’ll tell you” he pulled on her arm until she was molded alongside his body. Speaking in a low whisper, he began telling her the details she already knew and when she waved her hand to tell him to go on, he stopped completely, leaned in closer to Ella and nodded his head when her eyes widened.

“NO!” she said with a yelp, burying her face in her hands, “I don’t believe you!”

Justin burst out into laughter, “I know! I was just kidding “ I wanted to see what your face would look like if Nicola really had been deflowered by Gavin”

Ella groaned, “You are so retarded “ I see that the REAL you is finally showing his face”

Justin smiled, “don’t be so hateful, Ella…I just gave you a ring”

“You’re going to think hateful” she said with faux spite, a smile tugging at her lips when Justin stumbled over a dip in the sidewalk. When he tried to play it off, she couldn’t help but giggle and she immediately regretted it when he shot her a look of warning.

“Don’t you dare laugh”

That’s all that he had to say for Ella to buckle over in laughter and point in his direction, “Justin! Why did you play it off? I wouldn’t have laughed otherwise “ but you looked around and then started gangsta’ limping like you had been doing it all along!” his face flushed and Ella kept on laughing, “You are so hilarious”

He let out a chuckle and fell into step by Ella, “they are going to kill me, you know” he said, as they approached the back entrance of the arena.

Ella shrugged, “sounds like a personal problem to me!” she shouted to him as she parted ways when they entered the building.

Justin stomped his foot on the ground, “Your going to make me face the bad people by myself?” Ella gave him a wave and nodded her head, he saw that she looked at her ring when her hand entered the air above her head and he chuckled softly.

“Yes!” she said with a smile, “have fun” she turned back around and scolded herself when the smile didn’t leave her face.

“Hey Ella…?” Justin asked in a holler, causing her to stop and face him yet again.

‘What?” she asked, almost afraid to hear what was going to escape his mouth.

“You really do make gaucho pants look sexy” he gave her one of those flirtatious winks that he used on girls in the club and Ella rolled her eyes at his playfulness. She sighed and slammed her palm onto her head when she realized that her cheeks were heating up with familiarity “ she hadn’t blushed in all of her life as much as she had blushed when being around Justin. He just had that effect on people…and it was stupid! Clearing the thoughts out of her mind with a shake of her head, she continued walking towards her destination, with that same smile still tugging relentlessly at her lips.

----------------------------------------------------

Justin watched her waltz out of his sight and smiled to himself as he turned around to face the massive stage. He shook his head and began walking towards the steps…Thoughts of Ella had been taking up his time much more since the breakup with Maddie. He had often caught himself sizing her up, speculating on whether or not she was pretty, beautiful…or just plain weird…the bangs got his nerves most of the time, always covering up a pair of mesmerizing green eyes. Her smile was nearly perfect, spreading across her entire face to reveal a mouth of white teeth. And her skin was fair and rosy…she looked as if she hadn’t seen sun for months - which was almost relieving, due to the fact that nearly every girl in the business had some sort of bronzed glow…and even though he wasn’t a female, he had found himself pursuing a tan many times. The way she dressed…he couldn’t hide from the laugh that escaped his mouth. She wore culottes, and oversized tee shirts, gold stilettos with a wide skirt…velvet blazers with sweat pants…she was so…odd.

She was so different from anyone that he had ever been attracted to before. She was intense and argumentative, confident and loud “ so loud. She was everything that he had NEVER looked for in a girl…he didn’t want someone to embarrass him in public, or be so brutally honest that his feeling would ALMOST get hurt. He didn’t want someone to ridicule him, or tell him how wrong he was about his philosophy on life…but he couldn’t stop thinking about her. The way she laughed, or the way she pretended to be so strong when he could tell that she was close to breaking. She was so stubborn and pigheaded about her emotions that he wanted to strangle her. He couldn’t help but smile when he thought about how she would jump up and down like a five year old when she was excited, or be so astonished at simple things…like a flower sprouting from a crack of concrete, or a cloud that was shaped like a heart…the small things amazed her in such an influential way, that he had found his own eyes being opened to the beauty around him. He hadn’t realized in the past few months that he was a cocky bastard, but spending time with her made him realize it more and more with every passing minute. Damn her for making him feel like this.

----------------------------------------------------

Ella studied the plastic ring on her finger and smiled as its glittered surface sparkled in the sunlight. Justin had truly impressed her by being so thoughtful…she hadn’t expected such a wonderful gift from such a nonchalant guy. Part of her screamed at herself for being so touched by his act of friendship, but the other part of her told her that what he did truly was a sweet thing. Smiling at herself, and at the ring, she glanced at her surroundings and felt somewhat like James Bond. It hadn’t taken her long to take advantage of Nicola and the dancers’ dressing room. She had sneaked in past the security, and wound up lying on an incredibly comfortable couch that was sitting beneath a window and the warmth of the afternoon sunshine beamed down on her face with pleasure. She hadn’t been this content in ages. They had all retreated for the sound check, and Ella snuck in without permission so she could savor their incredible room…even Justin’s didn’t have a window. Snuggling deeper into the fabric of the couch, Ella closed her eyes and sighed as she curled her toes tightly. It had turned out to be a marvelous day…simply marvelous. She tried to hold back her yawn, but couldn’t fight it, and she could have been to sleep in a matter of seconds if the creaking of a door hadn’t brought her from her state of tiredness.

“Knock…knock” a familiar voice said, and Ella caught herself smiling at the appearance of Cole in the doorway. His hands were shoved in his pockets and a sheepish grin was on his face as he nodded his greeting and motioned if he could come in. Ella playfully told him no, but his lanky body came walking towards her anyway, “whatcha doin?” he asked, hovering over her flirtatiously before sitting down.

“Examining this” Ella said brightly, her cheeks getting pink when she noticed his nearness. Ridding herself of the thoughts, she stuck out her hand to show him the purple ring that adorned her finger.

“Nice” he commented, “plastic?”

“There’s nothing better” she said with a smile, “Justin got it for me out of a cereal box…”

Ella missed the fact that Cole’s eyebrows furrowed and she continued speaking, “I don’t know what made him think of me when eating cereal, I mean “ but its perfect” she finally stated, “I love it as much any other jewelry piece I have…”

Cole jerked his head around to move the hair from his eyes and nodded carelessly, “so, um…if I can ask without offending you-“

She cut him off, “ME? Offended! Puh-lease…” she noticed his nervous face and stifled her excitement “ sometimes she just couldn’t hold it in! “Sorry “ continue”

“Uh-huh…” he said, rather shakily, “So um…what’s going on between you and Justin? I know his relationship with Barbie ended and all…” he looked at Ella who was blinking at him with wide eyes, obviously clueless as to what he was implying.

“Yeah, poor guy” she muttered with a shrug, “Oh well” she put her attention back on the ring and when Cole cleared his throat, she looked back up at him curiously.

“I mean…what I’m trying to ask “ are you and Justin…” he coughed, “sleeping together?”

Ella choked on her spit, “EXCUSE me?”

Cole moved back, “Um…is that a no?”

“IS THAT A NO?” Ella said, her facial features showing that she was disgusted at the thought, “What in heaven’s name made you think that I would want to sleep with…with…him?” she said, closing her eyes and pointing dramatically to a promotional poster of the tour that Justin’s face was on, “the thought is just “ gross” she finally sputtered.

“Well…I mean, you and him are together a lot” Cole explained, “and I’m not the only one who has observed you guys’ behavior…Justin usually doesn’t act like this” Cole said, leaning closer to her so that he could whisper, “I’ve known him for quite awhile, and to be completely honesty “ I was never too impressed…he was a jerk to me, to the people in my management, to my sister…he partied all the time, smoked pot, a prostitute lover…” he continued, “I’m just baffled as to how…normal he has been acting ever since you came around “ and you are NOT normal, so I don’t know how you could have that effect on him…”

Ella smiled, “Thanks for the compliment…and…as far as Justin’s past, I don’t know it, I mean, he told me a few things he used to do, like binge drinking and sleeping with some women “ maybe he just got sick of the party life. All I know is that we are good friends and, well, that’s it! He still goes to parties, just not as often…and what do you mean he was a jerk to your sister?”

Cole sighed, “You’re so naïve to this scenario, Ella “ Justin is a celebrity…and I don’t know how you haven’t gotten a taste of that with being around him so much. He gets waited on relentlessly-every little person worshiping the ground he walks on…I’m just surprised he hasn’t shown you his true colors yet is all…“

“I don’t have to be educated on the subject” Ella said, ignoring Cole’s jabs at Justin, “My best friend is one of the most well known ballerina’s in the field…she has been pampered many, many times”

“To this level…?” Cole questioned, glancing around the room with skeptical eyes.

Ella followed his gaze and set her eyes upon the bouquets of flowers, the baskets filled with fruit and ice buckets full of water bottles. The room had been designed for comfort, couches and chairs lining the walls, blankets hanging over the backs of them to insure the utmost warmth in the cold room. Swallowing, Ella nodded, “In England she has”

“Well…I was always just curious as to…as to how levelheaded Justin had become, and I thought that maybe you had something to do with it” he paused and then went on, “Justin and my sister had a little fling, she came to visit me on tour and the fact that she’s a badass caught Justin’s eye…they romped around a bit, and then when Maddie came along “ he just left her alongside of the road. She was devastated” Cole paused to think about his sister’s face when she had found out…utterly heartbroken. Never mind the fact that she also had a boyfriend waiting on her at home “ but who wouldn’t trade a low paid boyfriend for a multimillion dollar superstar? “I was going to warn you, but if you aren’t WITH him…then I guess I don’t have to worry about it”

Ella silenced herself for a few moments and contemplated the conversation. It was almost like Cole had come out of nowhere and started telling her all the negative things about Justin…and when she thought about it, Cole had never spoke about Justin with admiration in his voice, it was almost like he was always holding a grudge against him…and if Justin had done that to his sister, she could see why he would be pissed. But it was somewhat obvious that Justin wasn’t the playboy he had been a few months ago…she owed some of that to herself and to Maddie, for being clingy and homey for him. Nevertheless, she swallowed and spoke out, “Cole, I’m sorry he upset your sister “ but, I mean…I’m not going to dislike him just because you’re trying to convince me that he’s a jerk”

Cole buried his face in his hands and groaned, “Look…these weren’t even my true intentions. I didn’t want to come here to upset you, or get you to ponder about Justin’s worth as a person…I came here…I came here” he tugged at the collar of his shirt and Ella fought a sudden bout of laughter, he was so nervous looking, his eyes glancing back and forth from object to object before they finally settled on her, “I wanted to ask you out to lunch sometime. I suppose I went the wrong way around in asking you if you and Justin were in a relationship”

She winced and shook her head, Boy! All that trash talk for a measly lunch date?, “You probably did…” she announced with a soft smile.

“Sorry” he muttered, wiping his hands, apparently sweaty, on a pair of black jeans.

Ella smiled, “but its okay “ because I would be honored to have lunch with you sometime” she said, “I wondered if you were ever going to ask! Because you see, Cole “ I think we’re somewhat of kindred spirits…”

Cole chuckled and shook his head, “I think I know why Justin enjoys spending time with you”

“And whys that?”

“Because you make the idea of staring at a piece of paper appealing…”

Ella gasped, “Oh my gosh! Have you ever TRIED that? I was bored one day, so I did it for HOURS “ you just imagine that your writing something splendid, like only a famous author could write, someone like Shakespeare or Tolstoy or something, but never actually grab a pencil and do it “ I tried that once and it ruins the whole thing because you realize how much you suck in comparison! Anyway, and you LIVE it all in your mind “ it is pure ecstasy, Cole “ it really is…” Ella continued with her rambling while Cole buckled over in laughter, “What?” she asked, after she had finally paused for a breath.

Cole smiled, “keep on “ I’m very interested” she did as she was requested and went on some tangent about how much she adored Crayola Crayons…this girl had no idea how charming she was, and he found himself falling at her feet as the seconds went past…he only hoped that he could convince her of his identity for a few more weeks…all he needed was a little bit more information…a few more secrets…a few more innocent comments. She was the key to his entire plan - the blueprint for what was going to happen…all he needed was a little bit more. And that was when he was going to send Justin Timberlake’s world crashing down. The thought made him want to smile, but since Ella was now sadly telling him a story of how her favorite painting had been destroyed by rain, he fought the urge and continued to scheme skillfully on exactly how he was going to make it all happen.



© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki