Baby Riot by radcliffe bass


Number of reviews: 4
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


A/N: Many thanks to Kween for giving me my first review!!!! Enjoy reading!!!


Chapter 3


“Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!” Casey Wilding screamed. “I’ve had it with her!”

“Hey, chill out, I see smoke from your ears,” Julia joked, trying to cheer her up. Casey threw dagger looks at her. “And I see it envelop you in one ugly heap,” she retorted. “How can you be nonchalant about this when she’s been bugging us for a month!”

“Simple my dear.” Julia smiled Monalisa-like, “Patience.”

“Patience my shoes!” Casey sighed. Eventhough Julia’s already five months pregnant she still hasn’t shown any sign of irritation towards anyone in particular. Even towards Mrs. Jackie Forsythe (Frost to her), their very annoying new client. Sometimes, Lance is more irritable than Julia, thinking about it, the pregnancy manners and symptoms are more evident on him than on Julia. ’Wonder what you did to him Jules?’

“What are you smiling at?” Julia asked Casey, sometimes her friend can be such a space cadet, reminds her a lot of Jace, the only difference, her brother does it only when he’s asleep.

“Nothing,” Casey grinned.

“Cassandra Wilding,” Julia tapped her fingers on the table restlessly.

Casey groaned, she hates it when Julia uses her full name, especially the tone of her voice, it’s like the tone you use when talking to a three year old child. “I was thinking, Lance is more like the pregnant one than you are, I mean he’s more irritable than you.”

Julia raised an eyebrow.

“Really!” Casey insisted. “He’s so irritable that I’m beginning to wonder why the other guys didn’t notice a thing.”

“Well,” Julia explained, “aside from the fact that they are too busy, they don’t know a thing about pregnancy okay? Besides none of them got any of their girlfriends knocked up.”

“You’re right!”

“Always am,” Julia grinned proudly.

Casey rolled her eyes, although Julia is her bestfriend, sometimes she can’t help but wonder how she keeps up with her life. Unlike Julia who has a celebrity brother who spoiled her rotten, Casey is an only child. Although her parents have pampered her, responsibility was taught to her at a very early age. From the very start her parents have controlled her life for her, planned everything for their only child and heiress. Even her college degree was given to her, and though what she really wants is to take up Psychology, she has no choice but to take up Business Management. ‘The price of being born with a silver spoon.’

Casey sighed and looked at the window. Julia shook her head gently. Sometimes she pities her, sometimes she admires her, and though Casey may not know it, she has qualities that make her so special. Julia knows that Casey’s thinking about her life, her regrets and stuff like that. She knows how she feels; the only difference was that the pressure on her wasn’t that much because Jace is always there to take the responsibility. She remembered when she first saw her at Lovett High (a private highschool in Washington). Casey was the pretty new girl in town, shy and soft-spoken, while she was the popular sophomore (well, partly beacause she’s the best photographer the school ever has, and mostly because she is Joshua Chasez’s sister). All it took was a simple smile and the rest was history.

Casey with her green eyes and black hair, and Julia with her chocolate brown tresses and piercing blue eyes, made such a sensational pair. They’ve been bestfriends since then and have grown closer, like sisters that they decided to put up a business together.

“Hey Jules.”

Julia raised an eyebrow. “Yes?”

“Want to eat?” Casey asked. “I’m kinda hungry, let’s check out that new coffee shop across the street.”

“The one that Wade owns?” Julia asked, surprised that Casey would suggest that.

Now it’s Casey’s turn to raise an eyebrow. “Wade owns that?”

Julia nodded. She groaned. “Of all the luck! That’s it I’ve suddenly lost my appetite.”

Julia laughed. “Ow come on, I know you’re lying.”

“Ha!” Casey snorted. “If there ever is a time that I’ve spoken that truth, it’s now!” She announced indignantly. “What made you think that I would go to that jerk’s place?”

“Chill it, he’s just your ex-boyfriend not your Anti-Christ.”

Casey rolled her eyes. “That’s the whole point Jules! He’s my ex-boyfriend!!!!!”

“SO?”

“Don’t you get it? We’re not supposed to be together.”

“As lovers yeah, but as friends, it still A-OK,” Julia argued.

Casey raised both her hands in defeat, there’s no point in arguing with Julia, especially when it involves someone she likes. Unfortunately for her, that someone happens to be Wade Robson, her ex-boyfriend. ‘Okay, so there’s nothing to be angry about, except that I can’t believe that I actually let him go. Very stupid.’

“Why does he have to be the guys’ choreographer?” Casey whined. Much as she likes the guys with the certain exception of Julia’s jerky brother, she wants to kill them right now, for ever having the stupid idea of hiring him.

“What’s the big deal about it anyway? As far as I know, that was in high school and that’s long been history if you ask me,” Julia asked, “besides, if there’s someone who’s suppose to be angry, it’s him, you’re the one who broke up with him remember?”

Casey didn’t answer. Julia’s right, Wade’s the one who should be angry at her, not her at him.

“Really Case, I’m starting to think that you’re still hung up on him,” Julia joked. Casey accidentally dropped her pen. “Oh “ my “ GOSH!” Julia’s eyes widened in delight. “YOU ARE STILL HUNG UP ON HIM!” She shouted happily as she started to dance around Casey.

“Shut up okay!” Casey shouted, blushing. “I’m not still hung up on him. And will you please sit still, something might happen to the baby.”

Julia obeyed. “Honestly Case, you still like him don’t you?”

“NO I DON’T!” She replied hotly. “I didn’t even liked him before, how can I like him now? He’s a baby for Christsake! You know I don’t like guys like that!”

“But you liked him right, just a little bit.”

“No, no, never! I hate him! You know that the only reason that I ever agreed to be his girlfriend is because YOU asked me to. If not for you I wouldn’t even give him the time of day, you know that!” Casey said smugly, smiling to hide the pain that the lie is bringing to her.

Julia didn’t answer, instead, her eyes were looking apologetically at something or someone behind her. Casey raised an eyebrow, as if to ask ‘he’s right behind me right?’. When Julia nodded, Casey groaned and turned around to see Wade, whose smile looks as if it was pasted in his face. But his eyes, they were shining with unshed tears.

“I was just passing by to give you this invitation Jules,” Wade said somberly, “try to come, if you can’t, please send someone whose willing to come, not just because you asked them to.”

“Wade, I…”

“I’m going now,” Wade cut Casey short. “Hope you can come, bye Jules.”

Casey’s heart throbbed in pain when Wade didn’t even look at her before leaving. She felt a hand on her shoulder, “Follow him,” Julia whispered. That was all the support that Casey needed to hear as she hurriedly went after him.



“Wade!” Casey shouted at the retreating figure. Wade turned around and stopped. “What do you want?” He asked coldly as soon as she approached him.

Casey tried to even her breathing. “I want to explain. What you heard a while ago…”

“Was enough,” Wade cut in.

“Excuse me?”

“That was enough Casey, you’ve already proven your point,” Wade sighed. “I guess it was really stupid of me to think that you’d like me back.”

“But..”

“I understand, I’m just a disillusioned junior who thought that the school queen would ever give me the time of day,” he smiled. “But don’t worry, I’m not angry, it’s my fault anyway.”

“Wade, if you will just…”

“Shhh,” Wade placed a finger gently on her lips. “I said it’s okay, no need to explain.” He gently traced the curve of her lips before boldly kissing her lightly there. Casey can’t help but close her eyes as she felt the familiar tingle that brief contact brought. “What I just don’t understand,” his hands gently brushed away the stray lock of hair from her face, before gently stroking the curve of her face, “is why does it hurt me more now than it ever did before.”

Casey opened her eyes when Wade stopped. “Don’t worry Casee,” using his nickname for her, “I won’t bother you again. Goodbye,” he kissed her gently on the forehead before leaving.

“Wade.”



* * * * * * * * * *



“Hey Li! Wade’s coffee shop is gonna open today, wanna come?” Lance asked.

Julia looked at Casey before answering, “Nope, I think I better stay home. Wanna keep me company Case?”

Casey nodded. It’s been three days since that encounter with Wade and the pain is killing her. “I think I better stay with her. You know,” she said cheerfully, trying to convince Julia.

“Something wrong Case?” Lance asked, concerned. He knows something’s up with his cousin, she sounds too cheerful to be convincing. Casey shook her head in the negative. “I’m just not up for an interrogation from your pesky bestfriend,” she explained, hoping against hope that Lance would buy it.

‘I know you’re hiding something Case.’ “Oh, I understand, just take care of Li okay?” Lance said as Julia helped him put on his coat. Julia walked him to the door afterwards. “Bye Li,” giving her a quick peck on the lips. “Find out her problem, I trust you,” he whispered to her before leaving.

“So,” Julia asked as soon as she closed the door. “What did Wade tell you three days ago huh?”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Casey sang, trying
to change the subject.

“How he broke your heart,” Julia sang back. “Think you can change the subject huh?”

“Know what?” Casey said, a bit irritated. “You sound so much like my cousin, I wonder how you two can stand each other.”

“Well, just keep on wondering coz I’ll never tell,” Julia replied, grinning mischievously. “But don’t try to change the subject coz it won’t work. What did Wade say to break your fragile heart?”

“He didn’t break my heart, remember, I don’t like him.”

“Is that the truth?” Julia asked.

“Nothing but the truth,” Casey replied firmly.

“Case, the more you deny it the harder you fall,” Julia reminded. “Or have you fallen already?”

‘I have, but you’ll never know.’ “Don’t worry, I haven’t and I won’t,” Casey guaranteed. “I thought I’m supposed to accompany you home?”

“Yeah, that’s what you said so.”

“Then why are we still here?”

“I don’t know,” Julia shrugged. “I guess we better go now huh?”

“We better, with our luck JC might suddenly pop up out of nowhere, and it’ll be major, as in MAJOR trouble,” Casey affirmed.

“Oh, I hope not, I’m not up for major drama right now,” Julia smirked, half-joking, half-praying as they both went out of the office.


* * * * * * * * * *



“Hey Wade! Nice shop man!” Blond-haired, blue-eyed Justin Timberlake greeted his friend.

“Thanks Justin, where’s Lane?” He asked, referring to Justin’s steady girlfriend, Ellane Marks.

“Germany, she sends you her love, together with mine,” Justin replied.

“You shouldn’t believe him you know,” Chris Kirkpatrick joked, his brown eyes twinkling in delight. “Right Joey?”

Joey Fatone just laughed. “Hey, what’s going on here?” JC Chasez asked.

“Well, Justin’s jealous that Lane sends her love to Wade and not to him,” Chris answered.

“Oh, that so Curly,” JC asked Justin jokingly.

“Whatever!” Justin replied, causing the others to laugh. He rolled his eyes and left.

“Hey Wade, you seen Julia?” JC asked, steering him away from the group.

“Huh?” JC wasn’t able to see Wade’s startled expression. “Nope, why?” Wade asked, when they stopped.

“Well, haven’t heard or seen her for months, I was just thinking that since your shop’s near her office, you might have some news,” JC replied.

“Nope, no news, but I did send her an invitation,” Wade offered.

“And?”

“Well, her secretary told me that she can’t come, she’s in Paris or something,” he lied. ‘You owe me one Lance.’

“Oh I see.” Wade heaved a sigh of relief, “Is Lance coming?”

“Told me so, but I think he’s attending a board meeting of some kind first. Why? Looking for Casey huh?” JC teased.

Wade smiled bitterly, “Nope, just that I miss the guy, haven’t seen him for quite sometime.” ‘Only his wife-to-be. ‘

“Me too, he’s always going somewhere everytime we got a break,” JC thought for a while. “I’m beginning to think he’s got someone knocked up and hiding her from us,” he laughed.

Wade laughed nervously. “Yeah, beginning to think so too,” he gulped. ‘You don’t know how close you are to the truth JC.’ “But you know Lance, being religious and all…”

“Yeah, I know,” JC nodded. “What I’m thinking is kinda impossible.”

“Yeah, that’s impossible,” Wade agreed, relieved. “Hey, is that him?” Pointing towards a spiked-haired blond guy wearing a long overcoat, talking to Chris and Joey.

“Yeah that’s him. Hey Scoop! Over here!” JC called.

Lance, Chris and Joey all went towards JC and
Wade. JC gave Lance a high-five, their usual greeting. “Hey Scoop man, what have you been up to these past few days huh?”

‘Just taking care of your baby sister,’ Lance smiled. “Nothing.”

“Really now!” JC laughed. “Got someone knocked up?” he joked, “Naughty, naughty!”

‘You don’t know how close you are to the truth JC,’ Lance gulped. “Of course not! I’m innocent,” he laughed nervously. ‘Good thing Julia didn’t want to attend the opening, or I’m dead meat.’

“Yeah right!” JC rolled his eyes. “By the way, Mom is inviting all of you to stay with us this Christmas, and I mean all, including the family.”

“Looks like it’s gonna be one killer party huh?” Joey asked.

“You bet it is!”

“Party? Did I just hear someone say party?” Justin asked as he rejoined the group.

“No, no one said anything about it,” Chris joked.

“Funny Chris but I’m not in the mood,” Justin warned. “So where’s the party and when?”

“My house in Orlando, this Christmas and Mom’s gonna cook, she says she wants to see everyone,” JC explained, who obviously had enough of teasing Justin.

“Everyone, family included?” Justin asked again.

JC nodded, “Family included.”

“That means, your whole family would be there! Including your hot sister Julia!” Justin said happily. “Oh my! It’ll be fun seeing her again. I just hope you got that mistletoe hangin’ by the door ready when she arrives. I’d surely won’t mind waiting for her by the door, no matter how late,” he stated, grinning from ear to ear.

“And we all wouldn’t mind watching how Lane would beat the crap out of you once she sees that,” Lance snapped angrily, “no matter how late.”

‘Is my ear defective or what? Was that Lance a while ago?’ Everyone fell silent, it’s seldom that Lance uses that tone “ only when he’s angry, which is very rare, so Justin and everyone were quite surprised. “Hey Scoop, did I say something wrong? I’m sorry if I did.”

Lance sighed. ‘God, why did I have to be sensitive right now?’ “I’m sorry too, didn’t mean to snap at you like that, I guess I’m just too damn tired, and you were thinking like a jerk a while ago.”

Justin grinned. “No I’m not. I was just being my normal self.”

“Oh yeah, you were just being your normal annoying self who would rather lose his longtime girlfriend than pass up the chance of kissing one hot girl who might not like him back. That’s great Justin, just great,” Lance shook his head regretfully, as if to show Justin how disappointed he is at him.

Justin was silent. ‘Always the gentleman.’ “Hey, I’m sorry, it was wrong, I have a girlfriend, and if I like Julia, I should’ve kept that to myself and shouldn’t have boasted it like a typical jerk.”

Lance laughed softly, “Hey, I was just….”

“And besides I wouldn’t do it because I know that you like Julia so much, you’d probably kill me if I did,” Justin cut him short, laughing loudly at his joke. “That is, if JC doesn’t beat you to it first.”

Lance sighed, defeated. “You’ll never change Justin.”

“Hehe, thought you got me there huh? That kind of reverse Psychology doesn’t work on me anymore Lance, you’ve used it a thousand times already do you think I wouldn't have grown accustomed to it?” Justin reasoned proudly.

“Whatever,” Lance replied. “Hey guys, I have to go now.”

“What? You just arrived,” JC complained.

“Sorry guys, very busy lately,” Lance apologized.

“Lance, the busy bee,” Joey joked.

Lance smiled thinly. “Where do you go anyway?” JC inquired.

“Here, there, no place interesting,” he replied nonchalantly.

“Oh, I see, maybe you’d like to bring me to wherever ‘here, there’ is one time,” JC suggested.

“Sorry, can’t, strictly for Lance only.”

‘What are you hiding man? A girlfriend maybe?’ “No JC allowed?” he asked. Lance nodded, “No JC allowed, and Chris, Justin, Joey and Wade for that matter.”

“Okay, I won’t insist, I know when I’m not wanted,” JC finally acceded. “Just don’t forget to send my love to your girlfriend okay?”

“Don’t worry I won’t,” ‘Oops!’ Lance realized his mistake a little too late, “I mean, don’t worry I won’t forget to tell her, whoever she is that God sends in my way hopefully in the near future,” he amended, hoping the guys would buy it. “Ok, I understand,” JC winked at Lance.

“I really have to go bye!” Lance said hurriedly as he left, leaving the others laughing behind. ‘Would you still laugh and wink at me JC when you’ve discovered the truth?’ Lance glanced behind at JC before answering his own question. ‘I guess not.’


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki