Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Sleeping in the same room with JC when he's got his girlfriend all over him was not my idea of a comfortable night. I tossed and turned, the sheets were a mangled mess between my legs. Moans and groans filtered through the blankets. I wondered if they were going to puncture a hole in the air mattress. A thin sliver of light came from underneath one of the guest bedrooms. Looking up at the wall clock, I saw that it was only two thirty in the morning. Taking in a deep sigh, knowing full well I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep, I sat up and pulled on a t-shirt then went over to the stairs leading to the main level.

"Hey man." I heard Chris say amidst the darkness of the kitchen.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, wiping the sleep crusties from the corners of my eyes. He was sitting at the kitchen table, a mug of something or other in his hands. He shrugged.

"Couldn't sleep. What's your excuse?"

Scoffing, I sank down in another chair and threw up a hand, "I'm living through a bad porno. JC and Cindy are having WAY too much fun down there."

"Ooh, wanna go watch?" his ears perked up.

"Ugh, are you on drugs? Wait... wait, don't answer that." I chuckled, leaning my head off the back of the chair. Now there's an explanation that could take YEARS, if not longer, "Would it be too much to ask for a few hours of peace?"

"Dude, who peed in your cornflakes? You can have my bed if you're that determined. But be aware that Busta will use your face as a scratching post in the morning."

"That explains a lot." I said under my breath as I got up once again and walked over to my bedroom. Sure enough, there were two little puddles of beige fast asleep at the end of the king-sized bed I had purchased the last time I was home, "Oh god does it smell in here."

Just then, Busta turned onto his back and began to snore. Oh this is just perfect. I had to be at Hannah's in less than 8 hours, and this would not be a good way to start out the day. Slipping beneath the sheets, my feet would normally go off the edge, but since two little dogs were in the way, I spent the night in a fetal position. Oh well, at least I got some shut-eye.
---
"Lance....yo Poofu, get your arse outta bed." I recognized this voice, but chose to ignore it and drifted back into dreamland, "Okay Busta, do your stuff."

"Wha-what...I'm up!"

Chris was on the floor in peels of laughter. I shot him a dirty look and kicked his backside before exiting the room to go get some grub.

"You need to lighten up, man." he called after me. I stuck up my middle finger at the door. He had some nerve.

Justin and Joey were already seated at the table, scarfing down cereal and milk. Justin was beatboxing between bites. Now that's talent for you, folks.

"Hey, when's your date, bro?" Joey asked.

"It's not a 'date'. We're just going to the carnival for a few hours, that's all." I shot back defensively. Although, deep down, I wish it really were a date... but I knew Hannah just wanted to be friends, and I could deal with that. For now, anyways.

"Uh huh sure... and this is a perm." Justin replied sarcastically. He cracked up, nearly choking on his Captain Crunch.

"What? It IS only a date."

"Mornin' y'all!" JC proclaimed as he came up the stairs, a brilliant smile on his face.

"Well if it isn't the Dirk Diggler of O-Town." Justin said, slapping him a high-five as he passed by, "Dude, I heard you and Cin were knockin' the boots last night."

"Porn star." I mumbled, slathering a piece of bread with peanut butter.

"Hey Lance, it's 10:15." Joey said, motioning towards the clock.

"Oh damn."

If getting dressed had been an Olympic event, I'd have the gold medal. Soon I was out in the garage, fumbling around for the car keys. Since my 4Runner was still back in Orlando, I had to rely on the parental units' ride. A dark green 2000 Lincoln Navigator SUV. The horror of it all.

Pulling up to Hannah's house, I felt about a thousand butterflies inside my stomach. It's odd, I could perform before a sold out auditorium like it was nothing, but I was getting cold feet on a date. No... I had to keep telling myself... this is not a date. You're just friends.

"Hi." she replied quietly, sliding into the passenger seat.

"Hey, you ready for a day of fun?" I started the engine and let it roar to life.

"I am if you are."

The streets of town were already jam-packed with cars as we walked along Main Street. I could hear kids screaming with joy. I pulled out a twenty and handed it to the attendant at one of those 'test your strength' booths.

"Watch the master." I kidded, bringing the sledgehammer back. With all of my might, I swung the mallet down with a grunt. The little thingy moved up and up. Then a bright red light began to whirl around at the top.

"Alright, we have a winner! You may pick out a prize of your choice."

"Hmm, that one." he pulled off a giant pink pig with a blue bow tie around his neck. I thanked him, then handed it over to Hannah, "Your prize, my lady." I said, smiling widely.

"B-but... why?" she asked in astonishment.

"Because I want you to have it. It can be a reminder of our day together."

Just then, her face lit up in a smile that made ME reciprocate the action. She took the pig and held it with both hands like a baby for the rest of the day.

With the sun beginning to set, the lights on the ferris wheel came on.

"Do you want to?" I asked, cocking my head in the direction of the ride.

"Uh, I'm kinda scared of heights." she admitted, taking a step back.

"Don't worry, you have Porky to protect you. Besides, I've always wanted to see the town from an altitude."

She finally agreed. The carney stopped the wheel and we got on, Porky nestled firmly in the middle. Hannah gripped the safety bar tight, letting out a tiny yelp as the bucket slowly moved backwards.

"Wow, it's gorgeous up here." the sun looked like a giant fireball lowering into the ground, "Hey I can see my house from here!"

"No way, really?" her nervousness forgotten, she shielded her eyes and looked out for her own house, "You can not." she retorted, turning back to me.

It's now or never, I thought as my mind churned out tons upon tons of ideas. The pig was in my way. Chuck it overboard! No, then she'd be mad at you for life. Why do I resort to talking to myself all the time? Just do it!!

Pop stars and their multiple personalities… on the next Springer...

Taking a deep breath, I lifted Porky up and slowly slid over towards Hannah.

"Lance, what are you doing? Don't shake the bucket!" she said with clenched teeth.

With the pig safely in my spot, I casually slid my arm around her shoulder. Then, just as she was about to say something, I pressed my lips against hers. As the kiss deepened, Hannah brought her hand around the back of my neck, and nipped at my bottom lip. Pulling back, I let out a low whistle.

"I've been waiting for five years to do that."


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki