Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


Well like all good things, our vacation was coming to an end. Soon it would be back out on the road to promote No Strings Attached. I was happy, sort of... it would be nice to get into a routine every day, not to mention seeing all the cities of the US. On the other hand, I'd miss being home... seeing my friends, just being normal. Whatever that is.

"So when does the flight take off tomorrow?" all of us were seated around the kitchen table, discussing the tour schedule.

"I think around 2 or so. Johnny said he'd meet us at the airport with the tour busses." I replied, sitting back in the chair. Justin sighed and ran a hand through his curly locks.

"Man, I need a refresher on the choreography. All this doin' nothing stuff has turned my brain to mush."

"What's left of your brain, you mean." Chris smirked, ducking as Justin's hand came up to smack the back of his neck, "We could use the basement and go through the set if you want."

"Yeah man, that's exactly what I need. That and a cold bottle of root beer, cause my throat is plum parched." he said.

JC was busy doodling on a sheet of notebook paper. After a minute, he set the pen down and got up. Pacing the length of the room, he became lost in thought.

"Lance, is there like a club in town anywhere? And I don't mean some run down shack off of Highway 42 where the local weather channel is the only thing that's playing." Joey spoke up, being the club hopper of the group, I could tell he was itching for some action.

"Uh not really, unless you want to drive up to Jackson, but that's like a two hour drive." I replied with a shrug. I had no desire to go to a club... this was my last night home, and who knows when I would be back.

"What if...."JC said, leaning on the back of Justin's chair, "We do the run through, then go out and get some grub. You cats dig that?"

"I think that is an excellent idea. You get two snaps up in a Z formation, my friend." Chris replied.

Downstairs, I helped Joey push the sofa off to the side of the room so we would have more room to work. With Chris manning the turntables, Digital Get Down came out of the giant speakers moments later. The room pulsated with the bass. Soon all the dance steps came back in a rush, and it was like we knew them like the back of our hands. Even Justin was nodding in approval as he moved along to the beat.

"It's like whoa." he said after the song ended, grinning like the Cheshire Cat. He then scooted in front of the TV and soon the screen was lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Alright video games!" Chris shouted, jumping up and down. Yeah, like he was such a deprived child.

By this time, the rest of us had succumbed to exhaustion and were now seated on the floor against the couch, watching Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Duh live out more of their action adventure dreams. I slugged back a bottle of water and let out a sigh. It was weird how foreign my own living room seemed.

"Okay why is Enchanted Dream Forest Warriors in here?" Justin questioned. He looked around for another game cartridge, but came up empty handed.

"Cause my sorry butt's to lazy to go out to the car and get another one." Chris admitted, not even looking over from the screen.

"No comment there. Hey... Man… y-you need to grab that power stick over in the corner."

"Thank you almighty and powerful Oz. I think I know what I'm doin..."

"Dude, go up. NO UP!" Justin shouted, motioning upwards. When nothing happened, he scoffed and went for Chris' controller, "I said you have to go UP." he said through clenched teeth.

"It's a canoe, it doesn't GO up!"

Justin smacked his arm, "It's ENCHANTED for crying out loud!"

I swear our lives are like a never ending combination episode of Sunset Beach and Jerry Springer with Smackdown mixed in somewhere.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and get some more herbal refreshment. Be back in a while."

What I had failed to mention to anyone was that I was going to call Hannah and apologize. Chris let out a yell like right out of an 80's heavy metal song right before I slid the door shut.

Okay, you can do this. I sat down at the breakfast bar and opened up the slip of paper. With the cordless phone in my palm, I slowly punched in the long string of numbers, and waited for it to ring....

"Hey you've reached me and Han. If you want to talk to us so badly, be a peach and leave a message, and maybe we'll call you back. Ciao for now!"

"Uh... hey Hannah, it's me. I... I wanted to apologize for hanging up the other day. "I bit my lip and waited for my brain to catch up. I had to have a reason for totally cutting her off, "I'm sorry, and I'd understand if you never wanted to speak to me again. Um... okay I feel really stupid gushing to an answering machine, so... if you could call me back on my cell, I'd appreciate it. Thanks."

"Lance... the Lance-a-nator. Lance-o-rama..."

"That's my name don't wear it out." I said with a small smile.

"What's eatin' at you, man? You've been so distant these past few days."

"It's just this whole thing with Hannah... I know how I feel about her, but I don't know if she feels the same." I replied.

"How do you feel, man? You can tell me. I know about girls." he said with a wide grin.

"Justin come on, be serious for once!" This was a doomed project right from the start, I could feel it. I got up and started to walk away, but Justin held me down.

"Okay sorry, sorry! Just trying to ease the tension. So, you really like her, huh? She seems like a really nice girl."

"Yeah, and I love spendin' time with her too." I sighed, "But I don't know if this is all just a summer fling to her or if it's something more."

He looked at me, perplexed, "Something more... like what?"

"Like if... there's any chance for a relationship." I said quickly, talking down into my hands. Justin slapped the counter and let out a short chuckle.

"So that's what all this is about. You've got the hots for Hannah."

"Shh! Not so loud!" I whispered, motioning for him to lower his voice.

"The truth finally comes out. I'm happy for you, man. Really." he got up and went over to the fridge, "And they called it puppy lo-o-o-ove." he sang, all the while an innocent grin was plastered on his face. I could feel the red rising up into my cheeks.

"Yeah okay, so now what do I do about it?"

Justin leaned against the counter.

"You, my friend, need to wait for her to call back."

Okay that is not what I wanted to hear.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki