Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


About a half hour after I got settled back into my room, I was laying on my bed, mindlessly flipping through the channels while Cody was busy yakking it up out in the hall with Talia and Christie. For some reason, I wasn't feeling well. My throat was scratchy and I could feel a massive migraine coming on.

"Han, so are we goin' to Cubby's tonight or what?" she flopped down on her bed and had this look of total anticipation in her green eyes.

I sighed and sat up. Ooh headrush.

"Y'all can go if you want. I don't need to be there."

"B-but... this is your first night back, and...."she glanced over at the door, where all of our friends were situated. Christie gave me a sympathetic smile, "You usually never turn down a chance to party." she giggled.

This was true.

"If I said I wanted to organize my socks, would you believe it?" I asked hopefully, even though I already knew the answer. Cody raised one eyebrow and gave me 'the look', "Okay, OKAY... I give up. You win, as usual. I'll go... but don't be surprised if I just hang out at the bar."

"Using your powers as a legal adult, huh? You're a rock, girlfriend." Cody laughed, throwing her arms around me, "It's so good to have you back, kiddo." she whispered, kissing my cheek lightly as she pulled away.

"Thanks Moe." I stood up and the world began to spin around me. I had to hold on to the bedpost just to keep my balance. What's going on?!

"Han, you okay??" Moe asked, concerned. I took in a deep breath and focused on the floor. Holding out my hand, I nodded slowly.

"Maybe your equilibrium is off or something?" Christie offered, furthering herself into the room.

"Dunno, but I'm fine now." I smiled, although unsure if it truly WAS fine. For the moment, I pushed it all on the back burner and made it a point to try and have a good time.

As usual, Christie did the driving. All 6 of us piled into her phatty silver Durango, and Cody (as usual) turned on the radio at top volume. While she was jamming to the new South Sixty Five tune, I sank low into the back seat and leaned my head back on the seat. This was going to be a LONG night.

"Hey Hannah, come out here and get your groove on, girlie!" Cody shouted above the booming music. Her thin body wriggled as she and Christie got closer to two hot looking guys. I simply nodded and waved, holding up my second bottle of Rolling Rock.

"Looks like your friends are having quite the time." the bartender spoke up, laughing. I turned around and rolled my eyes.

"Feel sorry for me, the blonde one's my best friend."

"So, y'all come here a lot? I'm new to the bar, but not Athens in general."

I sat down at the deserted bar and flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Yeah, this is pretty much our Friday night entertainment. But normally I'm out there too. Not tonight." I took another gulp. My stomach rumbled, "Say, could I get an order of fries with extra ketchup?"

He gave me a quick once over--typical male--and nodded. There was a hint of sexual tension that came through his grip as he handed me yet another bottle, but I brushed it off and downed the refreshing brew.

"What's your name, if you don't mind." he hinted with a sincere smile.

"Hannah, nice to meet you," I squinted to read the small writing on his nametag, "Horatio?"

He let out a deep belly laugh and took a step back, wiping his hands on a towel. "I wanted to see how many people would give me that exact look! Name's Bryan."

Bryan White immediately came to mind, although he did not fit that bill whatsoever.

"Well Brian not Horatio, care to give me a shot of Sex on the Beach?" I wanted to drown everything out in alcohol. Wasn't my normal routine, but... oh well.

"Whoa, don't you think you've had enough? I wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself or anyone else later on." Bryan answered with wide eyes.

"Listen spanky, don't tell me how to live my life!" I shouted. Flipping him the bird, I turned on one heel and was soon lost in the masses of dancing people. Cody was nearly melted as one with some guy, but I pulled her back, "Can we go home now?"

"Wha-huh? Why do you want to leave already??" she questioned, sounding a tad pissed off. But that didn't matter... I wanted to go to sleep.

"Code, my head hurts like a bitch and I feel like crap warmed over. All I want is to be in the haven of my own bed. Is that too much to ask?" I was becoming annoyed.

"No, but dammit..."she led me over to a section of the dance floor that was somewhat clear of people, "This guy is REALLY nice, and I think he likes me." she grinned.

"Well... far be it from me to interfere with your social life. Excuse me for being sick." I retorted. It may have come out bluntly with a bitchy undertone, but at that point, caring was the last thing on my mind.

"I thought you said you were fine before?"

"I thought I was, but now I'm second guessing that maneuver. Moe, can we PLEASE go home?"

Like identical twins, Cody and I have ESP. A special form bonded between two friends. She could sense that I was serious, so she left to find Christie and the others. Meanwhile, I took refuge at a nearby table. My head was pounding like a jackhammer on cement, and I'm sure the beers weren't helping. So much for first intuition.

"Sweetie, do you need help to the car?" Christie asked, crouching down to the level of the chair.

"No... no, I think I can make it alone."

With the cool night's air breezing down my back, I took a deep breath in, thinking maybe it was just the stuffy atmosphere of the bar. Cody held on to my elbow and led me along at a slower pace.

"Feeling better?"

"Uh kinda sorta not really? Man, I don't know what's wro..." I trailed off, my mind suddenly blank.

"Hannah? HANNAH!"

The dark of the night swept me off of my feet and crashed in thunderous waves over my body.....


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki