Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The whole atmosphere of the hospital freaked me out. I clutched Christie's hand and ducked into the emergency exit. Hoping no one would recognize me, I went up to the registration desk and asked the nurse who was typing something into the computer which room Hannah was in.

"Oh, she's in the intensive care unit. Only family is permitted." she replied in short, not even bothering to look us in the eye. My heart fell.

"That's okay, we're family." Christie said, biting her lip. I nudged her arm. She waved me away, a fierce look in her eyes. Okay! Okay, she's the boss.

"Well, in that case, forgive me..."she smiled. Hey, people actually do have compassion. Who knew?",the ICU is on the eighth floor. Use the elevators at the east tower, which is down the hall and to your left."

"Hey, you're pretty good at being a con-artist." I told Christie as we walked down towards the bank of elevators. She grinned and quickly glanced at the floor.


"I come from a family of 5 brothers, it comes with the territory."

There was a fierce thumping inside my chest as the doors opened. Glass doors expanded to fill the entire length of the wall, and inside you could see the sectioned off rooms. People roamed around, their stethoscopes flailing behind them. Before Christie reached to ring the doorbell, I grabbed her hand and pulled it back.

"How are you gonna get past them?" I inquired, thinking the worst and we'd be tossed out of the building on our butts.

"Pssht! Watch the master at work."

I stood back and watched on as she proceeded to talk to the nurse that had come to the door. The nurse smiled and nodded. Taking this as a good sign, I moved in closer.

"Come on." Christie said, wagging a finger in my direction.

Completely dumbfounded, I waved at the nurse as we passed into the unit, and she smiled back. What was going on here? Had Christie promised I'd donate 5 pints of blood or something worse?

"What did you say to her?" I whispered with a smirk. She simply shrugged and flipped her hair over her shoulder. We stopped suddenly in front of one of the rooms. The door was slid open, and I could see Hannah sitting up in bed, watching TV. From what I could see, she looked relatively normal, and beautiful as always.

"Told her you were her fiancé."

WHAT?! Before I could interrogate her any further, she walked into Hannah's room and gave her a huge hug.

"Lance? Wh-what are you doing here?" Hannah asked, confused.

"Uh, well...I wanted to come up and see you at school. But when I got there, Christie told me you were here...so, here I am." I smiled, clasping my hands behind my back. Rocking back and forth on the balls of my heels, I could feel the red rising to my cheeks. I felt like such an idiot...she probably thought I was some sort of whacked out psycho stalker.

"That is such a sweet thing for you to do."

"Ah well, what can I say, I'm a sentimental fool." I laughed.

She let out a little giggle and scooted up on the bed, "Here, have a seat."

"I think I'm just gonna... wait... outside." Christie said hurriedly. She side-stepped towards the door, gave Hannah a thumbs-up, and disappeared.

"Hmm, me thinks she wanted us to be alone?" Hannah said, raising an eyebrow.

"You know you're beautiful."

"Uh okay, and that was nothing if not random." she laughed, giving me a weird look, "Are you feeling okay? Maybe you should lay down instead of me."

"How are you feeling?" Changing the subject, good way of making yourself look like less of an idiot.

"Eh, okay I guess. The doctor came in about an hour ago and said they're gonna be moving me to a regular room, so I won't have to feel like a public spectacle anymore." she motioned to the glass menagerie that surrounded us.

"So how did all of this happen? I mean I know you're sick and all, but... did you like feel it coming on?"

Conversation skills were kicking in. Good move, I thought.

"Not in the least. I was out with the crew on Friday night, and I just collapsed in the parking lot. Probably made me look like a complete drunken ass, but... oh well."

"Yeah well, some people know better."

"Getting back to this compliment you ever-so slyly laid on me a few minutes ago... did you mean it?"

I took an especially deep breath in, then nodded. Hannah became lost in thought for a few seconds, then she brought up her gaze. She then stood on her knees and leaned forward, as she did, her lips brushed against mine. My mind in emotional overload, I grabbed the back of her head and pulled her closer. She let out a low moan as the kiss deepened, and I could feel her resolve slowly crumble.

"Miss Jamison?" a male voice echoed throughout the room. My eyes became wide. I quickly pulled away from Hannah and looked at the still open door. There stood a tall man with gray hair and a white jacket. Shit, it was her doctor.

"Oh, uh hi Dr. Wilson." Hannah replied timidly, sliding back underneath the sheets.

"I see you are feeling better."

She snuck a smile at me as the doctor came around the other side of the bed. Call me crazy, but at that moment, I knew she felt the same way about me. It's fate, I tell ya.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki