Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


----
Chapter Two
----

"Yo Lance, are we there yet?"

"Do you have any patience, man?"

"Yeah I *did*, but then you led us into the boonies and I lost it. Dude, if I see another cow field, I swear I am gonna get out and throw myself into one of those stinkin' mud puddles!" Justin whined from the very backseat of the rented Ford Explorer.

Sighing, I turned back onto the deserted freeway, breathing in the fresh air that poured in from the open windows. I could see JC fidgeting nervously in the passenger seat. He kept a firm grip on the arm rest, like at any moment I was going to veer the car off the road.

"Do you not trust my driving capabilities? I do know these roads better than any of you."

"Speaking of roads..."

"Shut your piehole, Curly. Or perhaps you'd like if I grabbed a fistful of those locks and straightened them? I think your hair would be past your butt then." Chris said in his always sarcastic and somewhat off-puttish tone.

"At least I *have* a butt to speak of." he shot back, an evil look blazing in his blue eyes.

Sensing the tension that was quickly building up, I racked my brain for a diversion.

"So, there's this girl..." I said loudly, looking back to see if anyone was paying attention.

"Whoah, our Lansten has a crush?!" Chris squeaked, clasping his hands together in a feminine fashion, "So...tell us ALL about her!"

"Her name is Hannah, and we graduated the same year. She lived a couple houses down...and man, did I have a thing for her." I smirked as the memories came rushing back, "Anycrap, she went off to Atlanta, I think, to go to college. And... I haven't seen her since."

"Okay... where are you going with this one, Lance? Is there some sort of punchline?" Justin asked.

"Nope, no punchline. Just someone I wish I would've gotten a chance to know better, that's all."

"Ooh, Hannah Hannah bo Bannah...Banana Fanna fo Manna. She's a man, baby!" Joey interjected, thinking he could be a total smartass about it too.

"That's not your motha, that's a MAN, baby!" Justin boomed in a thick British accent. He puffed out his chest and pretended to strike a pose. This is what I have to deal with day in and day out. Feel pity for me yet?

The roads began to get narrower, which I knew meant we were close to Clinton. There were flowers of all shapes and sized lining the road, and the colors...wow, they were just beautiful. But for some unknown reason, my mind kept going back to Hannah's face. The way she wore her curly hair up in a loose bun, and how the lines around her mouth crinkled up when she smiled. That made ME smile.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki