Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


The words just flowed, I didn't even have to think if that was the right thing to say. There was this closeness between us right there and then that I couldn't even begin to describe, or maybe I didn't want to. I'm reading into things too much...

I studied the smile on his face for a brief second, that is before our intimate moment was interrupted by Justin. He and the other guys, including Cody, were standing on the stage, microphones in hand.

"Oh no. You don't think..."

"'Fraid so." Lance answered with a smirk. He clasped his hand with mine and turned to walk towards the rear of the bar.

"Let's do something newer than 1978, dude." Justin piped up.

"Well fine, just kick 'Stayin' Alive' to the curb." Chris replied with a scoff. Justin rolled his eyes and bumped Chris in the behind as he walked by, "Hey man! That there's precious cargo!"

"That there? And I can totally see how Hooked On Phonics did NOT work for you, bro." JC said with a sly grin as he hopped up on stage.

"If it isn't Rip Van Chasez. Glad you decided to join us, man."

"AHEM! I believe we are supposed to be giving these fine people a show? Or would you rather continue your gab fest." Cody interjected, raising her eyebrows. Whoa, way to be the dominatrix! I thought, smiling inwardly.

Once the music started up and Chris was dancing around on his section of the stage, Lance held a microphone for the both of us.

"You are, my fire..."JC sang, squinting at the teleprompter.

"My one, desire... hat the hell is this?!" Justin asked, furious. He quickly turned off the tape and took it out of the machine, Backstreet Boys?" he faced Chris, “Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do!"

"Oh Nick-er Justy! I just wanted to have some fu-u-un!" and if there were an award for stretching out words into more syllables than nature intended, he would be the grand prize winner.

"You are such a nut." Lance observed, trying to keep a straight face.

Chris sighed and let his shoulders droop, "Fine. Here was my second choice." he popped in another tape, and soon the entire bar was reverberating with bass.

"Ahh, now this is more like it. Livin' la vida loca." Justin sang while shimmying over to Cody. They began doing an odd rendition of the lambada, complete with Cody dipping Justin back. He shouted "Tequila!" at random times, but I gathered it was normal so I went with it.

After another set of three songs or so, it was due time for us to head out. The sun was setting as Lance and I made our way back to the bus. Joey was leaning against the door, talking to some girl.

"Figures." Lance laughed, running a hand through his hair.

I had come to realize, even from spending a few days with them, that Joey was quite the chick magnet ( for lack of a better or more PC term). It was unreal how the girls flocked towards him, no matter if he looked like a complete bum.

"Hey! Isn't that our other bus? How'd Dan find us way the hell out here?" Justin asked, wide-eyed. Sure enough, a large carriage coach pulled into the dirt-packed driveway and parked not far behind the first. The door opened, and two burly men stepped out.

"Tiny! Dude, you missed one heck of a show!" Chris shouted, slapping a high five with one of the assumed bodyguards.

"Great now we don't have to share bunks with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Duh." Lance mused, waving to JC and Justin, "Come on." he stepped up into the second bus.

I stopped, suddenly hesitant. What was this going to lead to? Was it more than I was ready for? I bit my lip and shuffled my foot along the ground, kicking up a cloud of dirt.

Lance's head popped into the doorway a few seconds later, his brow furrowed, "Hannah? You comin'?"

His deep voice sent chills right through me. I looked back to see Cody up on Chris' back as he galloped around the parking lot. It was a true Kodak moment.

"Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up now!" she shouted, waving an imaginary cowboy hat above her head.

"You think she has any idea what she's getting herself into?" Lance asked, peering over his sunglasses. He laughed, then disappeared into the dark bus once again.

Oh what the hell, I thought, and climbed the three stairs. The interior was pretty much like the first, beige and medium brown in color with a half kitchen/lounge separated from the back by the eight bunks. I casually peeked in one, just to see how much room I would have to stretch out. I'm a bed piggie, sue me.

"Back here!" I followed Lance's voice back to the "toy room" as Justin called it. A large screen TV filled one entire wall, and racks upon racks of CDs, DVD and movies surrounded the room. A playstation was set up on a smaller TV to my left.

"Geez, if this is torture, chain me to the wall!" I said, flopping down onto the sectional sofa. The soft corduroy-ish fabric felt so good compared to the hardwood of the bar stools. Lance was busy untangling the two player whatcha-calits. He handed me one and stood up to put a game in, "What are we playing?"

"NBA Fantasy Four, it's brand-spankin' new." I loved how he emphasized certain words, it was just downright sexy.

"I don't know how to use this thing." Truth be told, the only video games I had any experience with was the Miss Pac Man and Frogger in the rec room back at school, which had probably been there since the early 80's.

"Oh it's easy. You just press A to jump and B to shoot." he said, pointing out the small red and green buttons on the control panel.

"So would you be offended if I kicked your butt at this?" I asked with a smirk.

And I could tell he was thinking, 'Sure but it's not gonna happen.'

"Nah. Wouldn't be the first time."

"Or the last! I'm up after you, Hannah." Joey said as he sauntered down the aisle.

"You can play now, I don't mind." I handed over the doo-hickey thingy to him and took a seat on the floor in between them.

"Dude you are so not picking Michael Jordan." Joey warned, sticking a finger in Lance's direction. I threw him a weird look.

"Do you know that what you just said sounded EXACTLY like Cody? That is too funny!"

"Well that just proves my theory." Lance said, sticking his tongue half out as he maneuvered his choice player around the court. Joey's face creased with confusion.

"What theory?" he questioned, taking his eyes off of the television screen.

"That... SCORE!" he shouted, pumping his fists as the crowd went wild, "Three-pointer, my friend."

"Hey, that's cheating!"

"You move your meat, you lose your seat." I shot back with a grin.


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki