Hold On To the Nights by goneplatinum


Number of reviews: 0
Print: Printer Chapter or Story

- Text Size +


It was the middle of the night, and I just could not sleep, which is usually so far from the truth because the rocking motion of the bus just puts me right to sleep. Both Joey and Steve were snoring loudly as the bus rolled on down the dimly-lit highway. I stared out the window and thought... mostly about stupid stuff.

"Lance?" a sleepy voice said from the top bunk.

I got up and saw Hannah's head stuck out in the aisle, her eyes half-closed. She looked so cute, I had to smile.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, pushing back a strand of hair that had fallen across her face.

"I-I can't see enough to get down," she replied, lowering her voice. "I need to go to the bathroom."

Clad in a pair of boxer shorts and a white tank top, she shivered as she swung her legs over the edge and reached out for a helping hand... one I gladly obliged. Once she was safely on the ground, I got a quick kiss on the cheek before she disappeared. Meanwhile, I went back to the front of the bus and took refuge on the couch once again.

"Lance, isn't it kinda late for you to be thinking?" Dan, our bus driver of five years asked, taking peeks in the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, I guess. It's just... never mind." I wasn't in the mood to spill my guts out, especially with so many prying ears around.

"Go to bed, y'all have a big day tomorrow. Ah hell, every day's a big day for you guys." he laughed.

"Yeah you're probably right. Night man."
---
"Which city are we in today?" Hannah asked while staring out as the lush scenery passed us by.

"Uhh... Charlotte?" Steve nodded, not even looking up from the itinerary Johnny had given us a few days before. He was considered our tour manager, although he was taking the role of world-class pimp to new lengths these days.

"Cool, I've never been this far up the coast. Maybe Code wants to do some shopping while we're here."

"Why don't you call and ask her." Joey offered, handing over his cell. She smiled and punched in the long string of numbers.

"Cody? Hey, it's me. Not a whole lot, pretty much same as you. Oh really? So...tell me...does Justin wear boxers or briefs?"

"Boyfriend in the room!" I shouted, putting my hand in her face.

"Just kidding! Geez, don't get your shorts in a wad." she kidded, bringing her legs up to her chest, "So Code, how about we hit the local malls this afternoon. Yeah I have money, why don't you? THAT figures."

"Whoa, would you get a load of this." Joey said from his position at the very front of the bus. Dan let out a low whistle, so of course we had to go and see what all the hub bub was about.

"Holy lick! There's gotta be about two, three hundred people out there!" Hannah said, the phone still attached to her ear, "What? Oh okay, I'll see ya inside."

The entire street in front of the Summerfield Suites was packed... I mean PACKED with teenies holding up signs and screaming their heads off. Police officers on foot and on horses lined the edges of the large crowd, trying to keep them somewhat under control.

"Looks like we're gonna have to do the mad dash approach."

Dan swung the bus down the alleyway and parked right in front of the side door.

"Grab your stuff." I told Hannah, hiking my own bag over my shoulder.

"OHMYGOD THERE THEY ARE!!"

It was a common occurrence, I'm surprised none of us have gone or are completely deaf yet. With Hannah sandwiched between myself and Steve's back, we waited on the steps for the all clear. Tiny appeared in the doorway and gave the ok signal.

"Okay go." I said quickly.

"Who is that girl?" I heard someone yell.

With people pressed up against the barricade, what happened next will be etched in my memory til the day I die. A pair of hands came through and into our line of vision and grabbed a hold of Hannah's shoulder. Then, as if in slow motion, another hand came up and took a hold of her hair. She let out a blood curdling scream and her bag fell at my feet.

"Joey, help me!" I shouted, stopping all movement towards the entrance. I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my body like a steam engine at full speed. Shoving the barricade aside, not even caring about the throngs of fans that now surrounded me, I waded through the sea of bodies, "Hannah?!"

Tiny left his post at the door and sprang into the crowd. Moments later, after a lot of screaming and pushing ensued, a brown head popped up.

"Lance, we got her! Let's get out of here!" Steve shouted, waving me over.

Hannah was sitting on a bench with her head in her hands when I finally got inside. Never in a million years did I think something like that would happen. Why her? Chris and JC have both had their girlfriends with them before, and sure there was the initial fan reaction, but not an all out brawl.

"Hey, are you okay?"

She lifted her head and our eyes met. Tears still streamed down her face, and I could see a few scratch marks along her left cheek.

"Would you be?" she choked out the words, laden with emotion.

"Oh God, I-I am so sorry." I pulled her into my arms and let her sob in my shoulder.

Joey and Steve stood at the registration desk, out of breath. Moments later, more screaming as Justin, Cody, Chris and JC stepped in.

"What went down here?" I heard Justin ask.

"Dude no way!" Cody replied after Joey told them the whole disgusting story. She abandoned her bags and came over to where we were and crouched down to the level of the bench. She set a hand on Hannah's leg, "Han? Sweetie are you okay?"

"She's pretty shaken up." I said with a deep sigh, "We all are."

"How, why?"

"I have no idea." a part of me wanted to go back out there and give the fans (they shouldn't even be called that anymore) off, and another part wanted to hold her forever.

"Hey man, let's get upstairs where it's more comfortable and less, crowded." JC said, patting my shoulder as he passed.

"Sure, good idea. Joey, could you-could you grab our bags over there please?"

"You got it."

Bad things happen to good people, it's a common practice. As Hannah stood up, her legs were kinda wobbly, so I offered my back as her mode of transportation. This suggestion brought a small smile to her lips, and she accepted, sealing the deal with a passionate kiss.

"I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too."


© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki